About the Product
- New type of action game - Asura's Wrath will seamlessly blend action and narrative and will adopt an episodic nature, more akin to a TV drama series.
- Relentless action - Asura's Wrath keeps placing gamers in tight situations and says 'now get out of that.'
- What the ? - Unique enemies and planetary sized bosses will continually challenge players' expectations.
- Innovative setting and story - Fusing Asian mythology with sci-fi, Asura's Wrath's universe will be truly unique.
- Collaboration with CyberConnect2 - Continues Capcom's strategy of partnering with the best developers to produce titles to complement its own internal projects.
- Innovative setting and story that fuses Asian mythology with sci-fi, to create a universe that is truly unique
- Asura's Wrath seamlessly blends action with narrative, adopting an episodic nature more akin to a TV drama series
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Asura's Wrath is an Action game in which players take on the role of the demigod Asura, and take on his quest for justice and revenge against the divine powers that cast him from heaven. The game utilizes a "Beat-em Up" gameplay mechanic and an episodic narrative storyline rooted in Asian mythology and sci-fi traditions. Additional features include: a range of unique enemies, planetary sized bosses, a second playable character and a devastating attack system.
Long ago in the realm of Shinkoku, eight deities known as "The Eight Guardian Generals" battled to protect civilization from a destructive force known only as Gohma. Asura was one of the most prominent of this group. During the victory celebration, the Emperor of Shinkoku was assassinated in a sinister plot and the blame was placed on Asura. In the middle of the commotion, Asura's wife was also murdered and his daughter kidnapped. With even his brother-in-law and rival Yasha turning against him, Asura was banished from Shinkoku. Awoken by a voice after 12,000 years, Asura vows revenge on all those who have betrayed him.
With unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction, Asura's Wrath delivers a fresh take on the action gaming genre. Combining intense combat with a seamless player-controlled narrative, Asura's Wrath introduces a brand new style of action game. Players will control Asura in a blend of action and cinematic sequences taking an active role in the gameplay direction.
Asura's Wrath finds Asura facing off against numerous distinct enemies, including planetary sized bosses. Through a mix of range attacks and visceral close quarter action players will fill Asura's 'Burst Gauge,' unleashing the full force of his rage and delivering devastating attacks on those who betrayed him. Asura's story of revenge is told through episodic gameplay, taking the player on a journey of highs and lows and adopting a structure that is similar to a TV drama series.
Key Game Features
- Innovative Setting and Story - Fusing Asian mythology with sci-fi, Asura's Wrath's universe is truly unique
- New Type of Action Game - Asura's Wrath seamlessly blends action with narrative, adopting an episodic nature more akin to a TV drama series
- Relentless Action - Asura's Wrath keeps placing gamers in tight situations and says 'now get out of that'
- Second Playable Character - Play as Asura's rival Yasha and adopt a different playing style, traveling at lightning fast speed across environments
- Rage Never Dies - Build up Asura's Burst Gauge to unleash devastating attacks on those who betrayed him 12,000 years ago
- What the...? - A range of unique enemies and planetary sized bosses will continually challenge players' expectations
- Collaboration with CyberConnect2 - Asura's Wrath continues Capcom's strategy of partnering with the best developers to produce titles to compliment its own internal projects
A gripping storyline & setting.
'Beat-em up' gameplay action.
Truly epic bosses.
A second playable character.
Top Customer Reviews
This isn't Call of Duty 8, or Madden 20, it's something creative, unique and applause applause for all the crew who put so much hard work into this project! If you love art, pick this up, character concepts, colour schemes and art styles are crazy, that alone is worth it, it's like a moving art book. Check it out.
For the price and overall entertainment of the game I say it's well worth getting but if you're still unsure try playing a few demos if possible before making your final decision.
Yes, every peny. Rarelly I've felt the level of satisfaction I had after playing Asura's Wrath (Prince of Persia trilogy comes to my mind)
But... What is it Asura's Wrath? (AW from now on)
Well, as you might have read already, AW is more like an Interactive Anime. What does this mean? You can't change the course of the story, you rarelly die and the story develops even if you do nothing (most of the time)
STORY AND OTHER ELEMENTS:
The story is plain awesome. If you like anime then you're going to love AW, if you hate anime then stay away from it. I highly recommend to download the final chapter because it contains the real end. I was very satisfied with the story and the voie acting. Being it a japanese product highly influenced by anime, you can expect lots of screams and dramatic camera angles. The face gestures were perfect for every situation and they were rendered with extreme care. It almost appears as if they were trying to make a movie instead of a game.
The game is separated in episodes (a la tv show) and each episode even has its "middle part" with an intermission between parts that show you some art of the game (like japanese anime) It was a nice touch and does not interrupt the fight. They use it between scenes and never in the middle of dialogues or combat.
The gameplay was (as I said) limited. You do not do that much in the game, most of the time you're watching the dialogues and how the story develops and all of a sudden, QTE!!! (Quick time events) The game also has some parts where you can fight enemies (a la hack and slash but only with your fists, there are no weapons in the game...Read more ›
I'll next talk about the style, which I will briefly say was absolutely fantastic. The amount of detail in each, and every character model is just stunning, it truly captures a manga look like I've never seen done before. The diverseness of the models is also quite impressive when you see how much detail is put into each, and every inch of the character. While the environment can be a little low res sometimes in the ship parts, the far off shots, explosions, lights, and the entirety of the scenery more than makes up for it in my opinion.
I'll quickly interject before I get to the story that the soundtrack was also top of the notch. Each, and every tune really felt like it had meaning behind it, and the over all epicness, and grandness of the sound is just a joy to absorb.
Lastly the story (Don't worry no spoilers) was absolutely fantastic. It really gives you the feel of the more modern action anime such as Naruto, and Bleach. While that may be a problem to some as it falls into some tropes that those anime also fall into, I never got a negative vibe from it, I felt sad when I was supposed to, happy when I was supposed to, laughing when I was supposed to, and most importantly angry when I was supposed to be (Which as the name implies you will be for a majority of the game).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this game for my boyfriend who loved it and is ready for a new challenge since completing this game.Published 1 month ago by mom of 3
Real good graphics. I was thinking, something like streetfighter?Published 3 months ago by Frederick Broughton
Great action scenes during the cinematic portions of the game. So stay alert @ all times.Published 3 months ago by Rico
This game is amazing in my opinion good story line great graphics if you care about that but great game in generalPublished 13 months ago by Jayce