|Processor||1.4 GHz Intel Celeron|
|RAM||2 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||16 GB SSD|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||4|
Other Sellers on Amazon
4-Year Desktop Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: Mechanical Breakdowns; Electrical Failure; Power Surges; Screen Failure; Hard Drive Issues;
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
ASUS CHROMEBOX-M004U Desktop
|Price:||$210.98 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ASUS Chromebox is the world’s smallest Chrome device, measuring just 4.9" L x 4.9"W x 1.65"H.
- 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron 2955U Processor
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 GB SSD HDD
- Intel HD graphics
- Google Chrome OS
- 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron 2955U Processor
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 GB SSD HDD
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Experience the Best Chrome OS Computer
With easy out-of-the-box setup, integrated virus and malware protection and feature-enhancing updates, ASUS Chromebox starts up in seconds to get you to your favorite websites and apps instantly. And why a box? Because with a box it houses a processor powerful enough for ultrafast multitasking performance in Chrome OS and the connectivity options to choose your own screen size, connect to multiple displays at once and even attach to any VESA-mountable monitor or HD TV. ASUS Chromebox is the always-new computer that just makes sense.
Personalized Access with Parental Controls
Personalized data access makes ASUS Chromebox the ideal family device. Easily switch between accounts while ensuring each person’s data is kept private and secure; while parental controls ensure safe, family-friendly web surfing.
Recommended with ASUS Monitors
With VESA mount built in and HDMI port, ASUS VE228H and VE247H monitors are the ideal displays to pair with ASUS Chromebox.
A Simpler and Smarter Digital Life
ASUS Chromebox boots up in a flash and synchronizes instantly with your existing Chrome services to get you closer to the internet than ever before. With 100GB of free Google Drive space, access all your data and files in the cloud simply by logging into your Google account wherever you are.
Small in Size, Big on Features
It may be the world’s smallest Chrome device, but ASUS Chromebox is big on connectivity. It comes with high performance 802.11 n dual-band wireless, four USB 3.0 ports for fast data transfer, HDMI and DisplayPort for connecting to the latest displays and HD TVs, including support for dual displays and an SD card reader for easily accessing stored photos and documents.
A More Beautiful Web Experience
Kick back and relax as you browse the web, watch movies and shows on Netflix, or view photos from your SD card. And with a wide assortment of offline apps, ASUS Chromebox lets you edit documents, play games and use other popular apps without an internet connection.
When booting Chromebox up, browsing the web or performing your essential tasks, it’s all about speed when it comes to Chrome OS. It gets you closer to what you want to do, simply boot up Chromebox and go.
Easy out-of-the-box setup, integrated virus and malware protection and feature-enhancing updates, ASUS Chromebox starts up in seconds to get you to your favorite websites and apps instantly. It houses a processor powerful enough for ultrafast multitasking performance and the connectivity options to choose your own screen size, connecting to multiple displays at once and even attach to any VESA-mountable monitor or HD TV. ASUS Chromebox is the always-new computer that just makes sense. ASUS Chromebox can act as a data center for your desktop, phone or tablet meaning you always have access to the files you need including your favorite Google services. With 100GB of free Google Drive space, you're always connected to your data in the cloud simply by logging into your Gmail account anytime, anywhere.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Is it anything spectacular? Yes! Does it do anything more than Chrome on Windows? No. But here is why (when your desktop finally dies/or you are just sick of how slow it is) you should buy a Chromebox:
1) Fast enough to do everything you want to on the internet. If you are like most people, you will realize that 90+% of the time you are on a computer, you are using a web browser. Everything else on your computer therefore is added weight to slow down your internet experience. This may include Virus/Malware Scanning Software, Viruses and Malware, other background processes, etc. ChromeOS takes all this out and gives you the the web browser and a great way of connecting to it. Will it handle the latest high intensity graphics game around? No, it won't come close but if you are looking for something to do that, you probably aren't even looking at Chromeboxes and therefore are not even reading this post.
2) Still can do Microsoft Office Online. This was actually a surprise to me but it actually works fairly well. For those of you who are not familiar with Office Online, it is a web version of Office that doesn't have all the bells and whistles of regular office. If you are like most people, you really don't use the bells and whistles. I do quite a bit of work in Office with my employment (law) and find that everything that I need can be done on Office Online. If you really don't need a lot of features, check of Google Docs, it rocks as well.
3) 100GB of online storage. From your new Chromebox (or Chromebook) go to drive.google.com/redeem and type in some information an viola, 100GB of online storage.
4) It is simple to use. There is no learning curve with the Chromebox. It is the Chrome web browser and if you have used any browser in the last 5 years, you will be up to speed. There are a few features that you don't get on regular Chrome like Bluetooth and WIFI but even make that easy to operate.
5) It uses Google Print. So this could be a frustration for a lot of people. The Chromebox, even though it has USB ports, does not allow you to connect printers because it doesn't install drivers. So what can you do? First, get a printer that is Google Print capable. Okay, I am with you, I really don't need another printer laying around my house. Second, try the xPrint Server from Lantronix. Granted it is a little expensive (~$150.00) which makes one wonder why not just buy a new printer. Third, use an old computer that runs Chrome as a gateway. While not a great choice, it is better than some of the first options. Fourth, get geeky with a Raspberry Pi. For those that are not aware of what a Raspberry Pi is, it is a $35 computer capable of running Linux. Needless to say, Chrome can run on Linux and it can also install printer drivers. Here is a tutorial on turning a Raspberry Pi into your Google Cloud Print servant.
Again, this is a hurdle for a lot of people but I will say, after you get Google Cloud Print working, it is awesome. No more worrying about what computer your document is on and what computer is connected to which printer. It is simply, clicking this printer and this document.
6) It can be customized. If you find out that Chrome OS is not your thing that is okay. There are plenty of tutorials on how to install Ubuntu on the Chromebox either as a dual-boot or replacement. If you are interested in this, I would recommend getting an extra 2GB stick of ram (Laptop DDR3). It may also be smart to upgrade the size of the SSD as well. If that looks greek to you, then just stick with Chrome OS.
Hopefully you have found my review helpful of the Chromebox. Just to recap, this is a great desktop replacement if all you need is something to surf the internet with and do homework. You will be pleasantly surprised at how fast it loads up and how easy it is to use.
This chromebox is fast starting up and everything else it does.
I am using the gigabyte broadband Ethernet connection.
I got it hooked up to a HP 27inch IPS display.
I keep it on 24 hours a day and only turn off the monitor at night. When it's on I use the “keep awake” Chrome extension
So the box won't go into sleep mode .
I stream YouTube videos at 1080p no problem , No lag.
And also my Amazon movies and my Google movies in fullscreen
And Amazon Prime music.
Using amplified speaker system with subwoofer
Hooked up to a MXL AC404 USB Conference Microphone.
Also a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse.
Using Aquamail For all my email accounts.
Using Chrome extensions , Keep Awake, Magic Actions for YouTube, and Readability.
I bought this mainly for summer time use so i don't have to fire up my big Desktop rigs .
Because this box doesn't put out Any heat or use a lot of electricity.
But, I like it so much that I'm using it everyday is my go-to machine. Worth every penny .
About the device:
It's pretty dang small. Probably about the size of an Intel NUC. The form factor is what drove me to purchase this device, as I was looking for something small to use for basic web browsing, Netflix, and occasional light office work (using Office 365 - OneDrive). The device does not feel cheap at all; I was surprised at the overall build quality for something under $200.
Inside the box is the usually quick start guide, user manual, and warranty info. The chromebox uses the same AC adapter that Asus's laptops use (I think). There is also a nifty VESA mount that you can mount the device to, and then attach it to the back of a monitor. I have not had a chance to try this out yet.
Connectivity/Ports: I like the fact that all of the available USB ports (4 total) are 3.0. I currently only have a Logitech MK320 mouse/keyboard combo connect to one, which works perfectly. I like that an ethernet port was also included, as well as built in wifi. For video, I'm currently using the HDMI port, but the device also has a full-size displayport as well. Among the ports already listed, there is also an SD-card reader, similar to what you can find on laptops.
Loudness: I wanted to point this out, as this thing is VERY quiet. In face my monitor is louder than the chromebox! I haven't really pushed it to it's full potential yet, so I cannot comment on how loud the fan can get. I have not noticed any issues with heat yet.
I feel like that is all I can speak about the device for now, and will update this review should anything change.
This chromebox is perfect for someone looking to have a small, energy-efficient computing experience.
These work great for you kids, people who only use Internet and email, and others who are willing to try a browser-only experience. Best part is the chances of catching malware is much less, updates are automatic, and wiping the OS (powerwash) is ridiculously fast... and since your settings are saved in the cloud, you will be back in no time.
Most recent customer reviews
Was really impressed with the first one of these I bought, so I got another.Read more