Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on February 21, 2016
I purchased this in Jan of 2013; I'm on it right now! Asus still manufacturers PC's, just not these mini's (visit their website). I ordered the 4G RAM stick at the same time and have only used it with 4G RAM (it came stock with a 2G; I swapped it out, first thing). It also came with Win 7 but I took the free W-10 upgrade and it does great as well. I've had no performance problems with it. After a few years, it would tend to run hot, but when I took the cover off, it was dust-filled, and so a good cleaning solved the overheating problem. I bought it as a media device (a browser on the wild web nets much content), but what soon became apparent, was that because it is tethered via HDMI, to my 55" HDTV, I do not need my reading glasses to see fine print. No more reading from smart phones or tablets for this old man; my 3500 e-book Amazon library is read via Kindle Cloud Library in Chrome browser. This is my second Asus product among 5; I love them all, and recommend Asus products in general (research the company).
on May 2, 2013
I have one of these in my motorhome connected to engine, transmission and coach diagnostics. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" as a wireless remote display for real time monitoring of just about everything. I also use the 320G drive to store continuous diagnostic data streams and dash can data. The HDMI output hooks up directly to my LED TV in the coach. A USB2 connected DVD drive is a nice add on. The USB3 ports allow for a high speed external storage device. Wireless N and Windows 7 as well .... At this price! It comes with a VESA standard mounting kit. Hook it right on the back of your TV and use it as a Media Center. You could build a much more powerful Intel mini box computer with faster processors, a SSD, more RAM but nit with USB3 or HDMI and it would cost way more than twice as much. For what you get and what it does this is a great very small PC.
on February 17, 2016
Initially, this appeared to work well as a CentOS running Minecraft 1.7.10. However, after a month the fan started to make a lot of noise and the CPU was running hot until it powered it self off. Even running CentOS with no apps running and almost 100% CPU idle, it would over heat and shut itself off. I purchased two of these and both did the same thing.
on October 28, 2013
I was having stability problems from day one and after adding memory and fiddleing with drivers etc I decided on evening to look at the events log and found errors going back to before I bought the machine. There was one group 6 months before delivery and another over a year before. I was furious since I paid for a new one and called them right away. On the plus side Amazon gave me my money back 10 minutes after I called them plus $10.00 for my trouble. It was past the 30 day window but they took it back anyway.
on September 29, 2013
I bought this for my wife - her old PC was dying - it is fast - easy to use quiet reliable - takes up little space
on July 16, 2013
Okay; does what it says, but a little slow and touchy. Prone to freeze using large apps. Not bummed, but a little buyer's remorse (it wasn't cheap).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question