|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Processor||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||16 GB SO-DIMM|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
|Hard Drive||1 TB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||geforce gtx|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 hours|
Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-DB71 17.3-Inch. G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop (NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-6700HQ 16GB DDR4 1TB 7200RPM HDD) (Discontinued by manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Graphics card, Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.5 GHz)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200rpm HDD, powerful battery rated 76Whrs, 4 Cell Li-ion battery Pack, illuminated chiclet keyboard
- 17.3” FHD 1920x1080 g-sync Display with 160-degree viewing angles
- Duo-copper thermal module and dual cooling fans for increased CPU and GPU performance
- 1x HDMI 2.0 port, 1x Mini DisplayPort, 802.11ac Wi-Fi 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1, 1x USB 3.B-type c(gen 2), 1x Headphone-out and Audio combo jack, 1x RJ45 LAN jack
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What's in the Box
- ROG Strix GL702VM Gaming Laptop
- AC Adapter
- User e-Manual
ROG Strix GL702VM 17.3" G-SYNC VR Ready Gaming Laptop NVIDIA GTX 1060
Lightweight But Powerful
Meet the ROG Strix GL702 Gaming Laptop - our lightest gaming laptop that punches far above its weight, equipped with the mighty GTX 1060 Graphics Card and Intel Core i7 Processor. With a sleek new design and gamer-centric features, the Strix GL702 strikes the perfect balance between gaming performance and everyday portability.
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card, Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.5 GHz)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD
- 17.3” FHD 1920x1080 G-SYNC Display with 160-degree viewing angles
- Duo-copper thermal module and dual cooling fans for increased CPU and GPU performance
- 1x HDMI 2.0 Port, 1x mini Displayport, 802.11ac WiFi 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1, 1x USB 3.1-Type C(Gen 2), 1x Headphone-out and Audio Combo Jack, 1x RJ45 LAN Jack
- Powerful battery rated 76WHrs, 4 cell Li-ion Battery Pack, Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
- ASUS 1-year Accidental Damage Protection with 30 days Zero Bright Dot Guarantee
Experience unmatched performance with ROG Strix GL702's 6th-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor combined with a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics with Pascal architecture, the most powerful compute architecture ever built inside a GPU!
The latest hardware gives you efficient and powerful performance for heavy gaming or productive multitasking such as live streaming and video editing.
With a profile measuring just 0.94 inches and weighing less than 6 lbs, ROG Strix GL702 has an ultra-portable design that fits snugly in a messenger bag or backpack. Whether you're waiting for your flight, kicking back at a café, or at a LAN tournament, you can game just about anywhere.
Wide View Panel with G-SYNC
ROG Strix GL702 utilizes a FHD 15-inch panel matching its compact design. The display can be seen clearly up to 160° thanks to its wide view panel so there's hardly any color shift even when you're viewing it from extreme positions.
Smooth gaming is enhanced by NVIDIA G-SYNC, a display technology that synchronizes display refresh rates to the GPU in your GL702, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.
Intelligent Thermal Design
The Hyper Cool Duo-Copper cooling system uses heat pipes and a dual fan system to cool the CPU and GPU independently. This design maximizes cooling efficiency to give ROG Strix GL702 the stability required for intense gaming marathons.
USB Type-C Connectivity and Mini Displayport
The reversible USB Type-C port gives you easier device connections and hyper-fast 10Gbps data transfer speeds via USB 3.1 Gen 1. Transferring a 2GB movie file just takes less than 2 seconds to complete!
You can even hook up ROG Strix GL702 to a larger display via mini DisplayPort for an even more immersive gaming experience.
Up To 16GB of DDR4
ROG Strix GL702 is fitted with up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM, the latest standard in memory. Benefit from the improved speed, capacity, and lower power consumption of the newest generation to really boost your gaming experience.
ROG Strix GL702 has a specially-designed chiclet gaming keyboard with red-backlit scissor-switch keys that offer you 1.6mm of travel distance for tactile keystrokes. It also features highlighted WASD keys so you know where your hands need to be.
Filter Out All the Ambient Noise.
The array microphones are designed to filter out ambient noise, which means that even if you're at a LAN party or some other loud environment, your voice is still clearly heard.
ASUS 1-Year Accidental Damage Protection*
It's a fact - accidents happen to all of us. ASUS ADP program is created to bring you peace of mind and help protect your devices against damages such as: liquid spills, electrical surges, and drops.
*ASUS ADP program applies only to select ASUS branded notebook and tablet products sold within the United States and Canada from select Authorized ASUS Resellers. Products must be purchased in brand new factory sealed condition and not of refurbished or open-box condition. Units sold and purchased outside of the United States and Canada are not eligible. Conditions apply.
Get gaming power with portability featuring NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics, a Core i7 processor, and a large 17” FHD G-SYNC display. The GL702 lets you take your game anywhere.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All the complaints that others have posted are probably true, but they are also probably based on false expectations. Let me explain...
Laptops and "gaming" machines are polar opposites. From the ground up, laptops are built for portability and battery life. If you pack them with "gaming" features (graphics card, CPU, RAM, etc) they start to become heavy, power hungry, run hot and burn battery fast. So laptops that stay on for a flight to Europe will not be able to run your games, and the ones that do will run out of juice in 1h (and burn your crotch in the process, assuming TSA lets you on the plane with that monster as a carryon.)
As far as a compromise between the two opposite goals (laptop and gaming), this is a pretty good one.
I have had an MSI i5? 17" system and a Razer i7 14" to compare it to. I am super happy that it doesn't run as hot as either of those two (which both broke in less than 24 months!). The Asus definitely has a "cheap" "plasticky" look to it compared to the Razer (which looked amazing, compact and polished as if cut out of 1 piece). Unfortunately, that compactness made for some poor cooling. This Asus seems to be more airy inside, and I haven't noticed it getting too-hot-to-touch. (it also has a better graphics card 1070 vs 970, while running the same games). Hopefully this will translate into more longevity.
1. I haven't though 15.6" of screen is "big" since the 90s, but it sure is nice on a laptop. (my MSI was 17" which was excessive, my Razer was 14" which was meh)
2. not as hot as previous laptops I owned.
Cons (all minor).
1. some bloatware (can uninstall)
2. cheap plastic look, esp the keyboard.
3. headphones can easily pop out of the jack a fraction on an inch, switching to speakers.
typical annoyances for gaming laptops...
4. air vents downwards (I guess sideways and/or down are the only ways possible, but still annoying on your lap)
5. DC transformer block is pretty large.
6. typical gaming laptop battery life (1h gaming)
Next, the size of the device. it's alot larger than the photos would lead you to believe. it's height is about one inch, which is fine, but a little wide. as a matter of fact when I took the laptop out of the box for the first time, I thought it was a 17" model. nope, 15"6. Not bad tho if you take into consideration the performance... which leads to the next topic...
this laptop is very Powerful. it's crushes my 3 year old gtx 780ti. its maxing out my entire steam library with ease... just make sure you keep it plugged in, or else performance will drop significantly.
as far as build quality, its better than decent imo. plastic but a solid design.
I do have some complaints tho...
1. the touchpad is slightly less than decent imo. Once you get oil on it, finger glide is noticeablly different. The click also is missing a certain crispness that I felt from other laptops. It's not a deal breaker by anymeans, but I would recommend a mouse.
2. speakers are meh, not horrible by any means but no bass. I would recommend headphones.
3. the FN KEY is very annoying. if you want to use the numpad, screen brightness, speakers, and more you need to use the FN key. Maybe there are setting to bypass this but as far as I know, it's just a hassle to use.
The laptop runs fairly loud and hot when under full load during stress tests. as far as heat goes, temp ussally stay between 80-90c for both the GPU and CPU. The CPU tends to be hotter occasionally dipping into the low 90s.(I tested in a 72f room.) as far as regular gaming, in GTA 5 the temps and fan were much lower and quieter During gameplay. The fans do a great job of keeping the keyboard cool and heat is dispersed properly from the rear vents.
The laptop is a bit larger than first thought, but if you take into consideration the type of power this laptop has within it's chassis, its extremely portable.
This laptop is for the gamer on the go. coming from an i7-4770k/gtx 780ti full gaming rig, I'm more than satisfied with this product.
The laptop's i7-6700HQ/gtx 1070 w/16gbs of ram DDR4 really ensure that the system is future proof and will easily do 1080p/60hz on high for at least 2-3 years.
asus GL502VS has the ability to crush any game and anywhere.
Most recent customer reviews
I've sent it into Asus 2 times for repair and nothing has changed.
It has a lot of horsepower behind it and emphasizes...Read more
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.