- Computer CPU Type: AMD Opteron
- Processor Socket: LGA 1944
- Form Factor: SSI EEB
- Chipset Type: AMD SR5690
- RAM Memory Technology: DDR3 1600;DDR3 1333;DDR3 1066;DDR3 800
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.59 shipping
Asus KGPE-D16 AMD Opteron Server Bd
|Price:||$451.13 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$66.39 (13%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chipset: AMD SR5690 + SP5100 Chipset
- Memory: 16x 240pin DDR3-1333/1066/800 DIMMs, Supports 64GB ECC/Non-ECC Unbuffered Memory or 256GB REG memory
- Slots: 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slots(1 Ran in x8), 1x PCI-E 2.0 x8 Slot(run in x4), 1x PCI 32bit/33 MHz Slot
- SATA: 6x SATA2 Ports
- SAS: 8x SAS Ports (Function only when install PIKE RAID Card)
- Form Factor: SSI EEB 3.61
- LAN: Dual Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controllers, 1x Management LAN
- Ports: 9x USB 2.0 Ports(2 rear, 7 by headers), 2x PS/2 Port, 2x Serial Ports(1 rear, 1 by header), 1x VGA Port, 2x RJ45 LAN ports, 1x Management Lan Port
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Asus KGPE-D16 AMD Opteron Server Bd
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Galactics||Daytona Web||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|CPU Model Socket||LGA 1944||Socket P||Socket AM3+||AMD Opteron 6000 series (6300 ready) Socket G34 Intel Atom S1260|
|Chipset||AMD SR5690||AMD SR5690||AMD 990FX||AMD SR5670|
|Form Factor||SSI EEB||EATX (Extended ATX)||ATX||PROPRIETARY|
|Total PCI slots||6||1||6||6|
|Memory Slots Available||16||16||4||16|
|Total SATA ports||6||4||8||6|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Go to [...] and look for the manual on "How to make your KGPE-D16 to support Opteron 6200 series CPU" and you can see the instructions are:
Items MUST prepare :
- AMD Opteron 6100 series CPU (at least 1 piece)
- BIOS version 2005 (or later) [...]
- DOS-bootable USB flash drive
1. Make sure the USB flash drive loaded with BUPDATER and BIOS 2005
2. Plug in Opteron 6100 series CPU in KGPE-D16 CPU socket 1
3. Power on the system and boot to DOS environment
4. type: BUPDATER /iKGPE-D16-ASUS-2005.ROM
5. When BUPDATER complete the flash process, please shut down the system
6. Change CPU to Opteron 6200 series, system will boot successfully
Mine came with bios version 2005, and I was able to post it into bios and through Asus Easy Flash to the newest bios (2006).
I used 4x4GB Mushkin DDR3 1333 that I have available at that moment to install Ubuntu and the Folding client to stress test the baresystem. I had the board naked on my testbench, and with an Hitachi 1TB and Rosewill 650W 80+ Gold PSU. Under full load it sucks 180W (through Kill-a-Watt meter) This board require 2 EPS 8pin connector and my PSU provided only 1 EPS 8pin, so I have to buy a 2-molex to 8pin adapter. Since I bought the wrong 8pin adapter (I think the one I bought is used for GPU card) it won't turn on, it make a clicking sound from the PSU. At first I thought it did not have enough juice to turn the system on but by observing the adapter and the 8pin EPS connector, I found out that the yellow wires were at other side. I was lucky that nothing was burn. So I tried to re-insert the 8pin adapter into the second 8pin EPS female on the mainboard by turn it around. It won't fit, and I don't have tool to rearrange to the row of wires, so I tried to re-insert it again with force and finally was able to turn the system on. Few days later I got the second Opteron 6272, (for a total 32 core) and 8x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 240-Pin non ECC DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666). Fully load, 32 cores running at 100% for 3 days to fold a p6904 with 42min per frame, the system takes 320Watt. Overall I am happy with this motherboard, but later I may purchase a 4 socket board (Tyan or Supermicro) with 2 more cpu to make a 64core system.
Installed with two AMD 6128 processors and 24GB of RAM. Working flawlessly with SL 6.0 Linux and 15 virtual images.
- Advance replacement ( $4XX credit card hold and they will ship according to shipping charge I pay)
- I send it in advance and asus will repair it in 5 days and will send it back.
As its server and several users are affected, I paid overnight shipping with advance replcement and board did not showed up until week.(I had to call several time to get it shipped)
Whatever replacement came was not working. Once I put it together(with new power supply, nothing else attaached) motherboard gave popped sound and smoke came out and no display.
Upon calling Asus told me that they will replace board again and If I need advance replacement I will need to do cc info and hold again.
I have done that more then 10 days ago... I don't have my board yet in my hand.
Server is down for about a month now and no help...
They know this is server board but their support is poor then desktop component..............
Second replacement came but it will work only one 1 CPU installed. If I install Both CPU then no Display. thing to note.is that I have now New processors, New memory, New power supply and nothing was attached other then essential parts. ASUS is making excuses and now denying advance replacement.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have had this server board for years. I had to have Asia send me updated firmware since the Amd interim processors weren't supported with the version shipped on my board and I had... Read morePublished 4 months ago by M. Wiesen
Arrived fast, and worked as expected! no issues at all. Running 2x 6276 (32 cores total) and 128GB of memory.Published 21 months ago by Shadi
I bought this board to run video transfer and editing programs and to run resource hungry electronic design programs. I am using two AMD 6328 Opterons and 32G DDR3-1600 memory. Read morePublished on January 25, 2014 by Dennis
Installing this mainboard in a Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case was a breeze. I did not have any trouble installing the processors heatsinks or memory. Read morePublished on July 16, 2013 by Harry E Stamper
I bought this board because Amazon listed it in the '... also bought this... ' section of the web page. Read morePublished on May 29, 2013 by Tony
I have been using this board since 2010. Originally used 2x Opteron 6128 CPUs and just upgraded to 2x Opteron 6380. Read morePublished on March 15, 2013 by J. Graham