BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2013
Purchased this computer because it looked good on paper and seemed to be exactly what I needed.

Shipping was great and the speed was sufficient and the boxed it up very well... I setup Windows 8 and began to install all the Photoshop programs necessary to edit photo's. I shut down the computer for the night and came back the next morning to have it not turn on at all... No fans spinning, no lights, no indication of surging or anything. Checked and verified that it wasn't the power cord, ensured all cables were hooked up correctly and that nothing out of the ordinary was wrong with it. Called ASUS and as its brand new they recommended a return on it so that's exactly what I'm doing.

While the computer was running it was stellar and did everything with ease but here are a few points before buying:

1. No Wifi on this computer. I know that this is a barebones system but when you can buy any laptop now and get it Desktops should be going right along with this.

2. Came with no dual monitor capability out of the box. I had to install a standard 256MB graphics card into it for that feature to work for me which really wasn't an issue but may be for others out there looking for that.

3. Not a ton of room for upgrade. From the outside it seems like you could keep this thing going forever but when I opened it I was suprised to find that wasn't the case. The motherboard it comes with only allows 3 add-on devices and another 8GB of RAM to total 16GB. Would be good for maybe 4-5 years tops and then be outdated...

Some of the Pros:

1. Great hard drive.

2.Very fast and efficient out of the box and installed some large programs with ease while it worked... I could edit, have pandora open and install other programs in the background and it would giggle at me... so props there ASUS.

If they figure out the power issue this would be a great deal for me... As I am the first reviewer I did take a slight risk in buying this (My fault, but someone has to jump on that grenade) and unfortunately I struck out on this. I would do an exchange but I can't afford to keep returning a desktop I need handy all the time for editing photo's so I'm opting out. Hopefully others won't experience this and get a good PC.
on November 11, 2013
I bought this computer for my brother, his had finally seen its better days. I found what information that I could about it and even inquired to users about it. When we set it up we noticed there was no DVI port on it, it only has a VGA and HDMI port, so the next day we found a HDMI to DVI adaptor for it. These adaptors do not cost that much. It would have been very helpful and a lot less frustrating if they had put one in the box. Most people today are buying this machine to replace an older one and most of them are DVI.

But, all in all the machine for what it cost is a great machine. I would still recommend it to a friend.
on January 17, 2014
I am very comfortable with ASUS as a computer. The startup was completely idiot proof; as friendly as it could be. I actually coupled it with a 25" ASUS monitor which I purchased separately; both purchases were not chosen together; they independently reviewed very well. Love the monitor as well. The only issue at all, is the keyboard that came with the tower: it functioned well but horrible to work on because the keys are black on black. So, in lower lighted work areas, terrible to read keys if you are a finger tapper. I purchased a $29 wireless Logitech combo keyboard and mouse as an add-on This type of keyboard for me, would have scored the ASUS a 5 rating. So, the computer is recommended, but plan on a different keyboard; black keys with white contrast letters and numerals make more sense. I can't speak to ASUS customer service at this point; too new and the need has not been there. My introductory phone call to them is not great in information support. But in their defense, Dell, HP and others, were no better. So my decision came after reading as many pro and consumer reviews as I could find.
on October 26, 2013
I like the way the dvd player and the computer are touch sensitive. No buttons appear on front. That's kind of cool. Overall I have had not problems with this machine. I like it and will recommend it to my friends.
on April 7, 2014
This thing boots up very fast and runs everything I need just fine. A well-made entry level computer for Web and word processing.
on September 8, 2014
Even though it is used, it acts brand new! Great quality! (so far it has held up: had for a month)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.