- Hardware Platform: PC
- Computer CPU Type: Intel Core i5
- Processor Socket: LGA 1155
- Computer CPU Manufacturer: Intel
- Form Factor: ATX
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Smart Response Technology -Experience the Benefits of both SSD and HDD
- LucidLogix Virtu- Dynamic switching between i-Mode and d-Mode
- DIGI+ VRM -New Era of Digital Power Design that fully enables Superior System Stability, High Power Efficiency and Improved Performance Scaling
- EPU - System Level Energy Saving & Real-time Power Management for Superb Platform Power Efficiency
- TPU - Increase Platform Performance Instantly with Self Optimized Settings while retaining Full System Stability
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The board has no fans on it. This makes my build silent because everything else that I have is quiet. The heat sinks keep the board cool with good temperatures without the need of extra fans.
This board, however, had some small annoying problems. One of the main problems is if you turn on the TPU switch so that the board automatically adjusts your setting for the best stable overclocking, I noticed that the system would shutdown 2 or 3 times before it boots into an operating system. This would happen every time I would turn on the computer. In other words, once you hit the power button, the system would start up and then shut off before it reaches BIOS and then shut off again and then restart and finally boot into windows. I wrote to Asus about this problem and they said it had to do with voltage settings in the BIOS. I turned the feature off and everything was fine once it went through the process of shutting down. I guess the shutting down has to do with the board adjusting itself for overclocking.
Another problem is that you can't boot into windows if you don't have a cpu cooler fan connected to the board. This is a big problem if you are using a cooler that doesn't use a cpu fan such as a water cooler. In my case, I am using a Noctua cooler and if the fans are connected to the cpu fan connectors, they will run at full speed and I can't control the speed of them.Read more ›
I have been a huge fan of ASUS motherboards, and this is the third one for me. It is probably the most disappointing of them all, and its very possible I will not continue with Asus line going forward. Here are my observations after the build and about a week of use:
* Solid motherboard with nice heat sinks and is able to hold my behemoth CPU fan without any issues.
* Pretty solid on overclock, and an incredible amount of control given to the user via the Bios for tweaking anything we like.
* BIOS upgradable from Windows, no need to put on USB stick, etc.
* Ability to upload custom boot up image ... but I disabled it anyway to speed up booting.
* Built-in Bluetooth connection. Of course it barely works (which has been my observation with all BT) and I have not had too much luck getting anything useful accomplished syncing it with my android cellphone.
* Good number of USB3 ports.
* Power / Reset buttons on motherboard. This comes in handy if the case is not fully wired or has issues.
* Optical-Out for built-in soundcard.
* The old ASUS was indestructible. No matter how bad the overclock was, powering off then on always allowed MB to detect my screw-up and reset. Not this one. After a bad overclock, it kept freezing on reboot without any possibility of detecting overclock problem. Luckily a tiny 'MemOK' button above the memory bays allowed a hard reset. This of course makes overclocking awkward. I am hopeful that this is due to certain type of failed overclock, and other types of overclock failure will be detected properly.
* The SATA plugs are at the edge, with the holes facing the side of motherboard as well.Read more ›
The board feels solid and looks great.
Works great so far.. almost a week with this thing.
Don't forget to INSTALL THE INTEL LAN DRIVERS from the provided CD or else you won't be able to access the net. Specially if this is the only PC you'll be having in your house for the first time.
Will update thoughts about this mobo later on.
I was able to use the built in GPU from the i5 2500k with this board.
Great OC feature as well: I just set the Turbo Multiplier to x43 and automatic 4.3 Ghz oc! The board adjusted the voltages automatically. Great for noobs like me who want a simple OC.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was the core of my first build. It still works very well, even after I switched a connection and blew a hole in the FireWire chip. The graphical BIOS is very nice. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Henry J
I purchased this motherboard to overclock my i7-2600K CPU to 4.4-GHz, which it did simply with the press of one button in the AI Tool found within the on-board UEFI. Read morePublished on March 19, 2014 by Scott R. Sideleau
Hi I have an i5 motherboard serves me this? i5-760 is a 2.8 mhz 4gb of ram 1333 and if so I would like to know if you have it available. thanksPublished on January 4, 2014 by Eliand
I received this item and it was defective and had to send it back. It was a dead motherboard I got it peoffecionally intall in my new pc and they told me it was defective and... Read morePublished on August 31, 2013 by Archie R.
I purchased this MB and built the computer around a year ago now and am very pleased with it.
I have an I-7 Sandy Bridge 2600K CPU with 8 GB of Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 CL9... Read more
I cannot say enough about ASUS products. They are a very reliable company with many favorable reviews for all of their products. I've been building personal computers for 25 years. Read morePublished on September 14, 2012 by RC