Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asus VE258Q 25-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor with Integrated Speakers
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School

on November 8, 2011
I saw this monitor on newegg and it had great reviews, but its a few bucks cheaper here on Amazon. It arrived very fast, and packaged well. I hooked it up with an HDMI cable (not included) and it fired right up. No dead/ stuck pixels, and very bright! I read some reviews that the base is not stable and the screen wobbles, that is not true.. LED, 25", 50m:1, and 2ms sealed the deal for me!
on September 29, 2011
I have 2 of these I used it as dual monitor. I like it very much. great color and viewing angle. I would absolutely recommend this monitor.
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2013
I recently bought a new macbook pro to use to do some graphics work, and so I bought this monitor to use with it. The thing that attracted me to the monitor was the fact that it was one of the very few monitors that offered a displayport input. After getting it set up with my macbook and using it abit, I'm pretty happy with it.

For someone attempting to do the same, what you need is a displayport to displayport mini cable. Then it's just plug-and-play. Displayport also carries sound, so you can play the audio through the monitor's speakers (which are perhaps marginally better than the macbook's). Anyway, the monitor is nice and big and sharp. And the macbook (make sure you have one with an nvidia card) drives it very well. Now I can run photoshop and maya etc., without having to stoop over and squint at the small laptop screen.
on July 6, 2012
The size is perfect for gaming. I also love the brightness of the LED back lighting--it's so much more vibrant than an LCD. I have not noticed any dead pixels, but at the same time I don't spend time looking for them. I love this monitor and would buy it again.
on June 11, 2013
I just purchased another three of these, now I have 3 over 3 on an Ergotech stand and one on the side. I found these monitors doing your basic web research and found they were highly rated almost everywhere, and offered excellent specs for the dollar. I'm very pleased with these and highly recommend them. I had been using Dell UltraSharp monitors but these are just as good if not better and much more affordable. The Asus housings are less refined than the high-end Dells but I'm less concerned with the housing aesthetics than I am with the display performance.
on August 10, 2012
Absolutely nothing to complain about - arrived safely, works very well, fits right in with my other monitors, and looks great. Would definitely buy again.
on November 4, 2013
Asus VE258Q 25" full HD Monitor with Intregated Speakers, Saw it, Wanted it, Bought it. Wanted something to augment my 19 inch HPw1907 monitor that still works great even though it is over six years old. It works great but, but not my eyes and was getting tired of squinting. After searching all over for a monitor that would help out I found the ASUS VE258Q. It has made a world of difference on my reading since I can really expand the size of the screen. The speakers or so-so but they do work. I've been using the monitor for several months now and have no dead pixels or any other problems with the monitor it self, the documentation could have been a little clearer in set up but since I didn't break anything I think that it went okay. I didn't find there is any stand wobble as other reviewers have stated, so maybe trying to put it together more than once really did help.
on April 18, 2015
I was afraid that there would be issues with this monitor because the 22 and 23 inch variants had major problems. However, the 25-inch variant showed none of those problems. The screen is large, bright, and the images are pretty crisp. Other than a badly placed power button, I have no complaints or issues regarding the monitor. It was a great price for a pretty solid monitor.
on October 5, 2012
After a miserable experience with "ViewSonic VX2460H-LED 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor " and Viewsonic's customer support, I chose to order this monitor. It costed more but after it was all said and done, I like this monitor much much more! This monitor is a glossy black ALL OVER! (there was a ton of protective sticky film covering this monitor, on the front of the monitor, the back of the monitor, even the base on the front and back. For being a standard consumer item this monitor really showed to be high end.

Image Quality: Spectacular. Monitor arrived with 0 dead pixels, which I was thrilled with. It's always a nightmare doing the monitor swap trying to get one that doesn't have a distracting dead pixel. I played a movie through this and the graphics were incredible.

User Options: There are NUMEROUS options on the panel. I have yet to change anything because 1) the monitor already looks great and 2) I am afraid of messing up the current setup and making it look worse. I may experiment with this more though.

Additional Accessories: There was a VGA/DVI cable in the box with this monitor, but no HDMI cable. It didn't really bother me, because I have one spare already. If you don't you will need to purchase one to get the full capabilities of this monitor. I would recommend the manufactor do away with the VGA and instead give an HDMI. What PC in modern days doesn't come with at least 1 HDMI port, and that's truly the way this monitor looks the best. Most video cards don't even have a VGA option anymore (I know my vintage GTX 460 SE cards don't).

Overall: I give this item 5 stars because in my particular case, I had 0 qualms with this monitor.
on February 28, 2015
This monitor has been used as an additional display using a MacBook and a Windows based laptop. The colors are vibrant and the clarity is very sharp. Easy to connect and use. There are no cons to this monitor.