Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 27-Inch|Style: HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA|Change

Showing 101-110 of 2,855 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,031 reviews
on March 14, 2016
The ASUS VE278H monitors provide a beautiful, bright, clear picture for a very reasonable price. The color and other controls are straightforward to use. It has a good variety of inputs to allow for different connection types (1 D-Sub, 1 DVI, 2 HDMI).

Note that the screen is a matte screen, not glossy. I consider this a bonus as I do not like the glare that comes from glossy screens.

The only slight downside to this monitor is that the screen height is not adjustable. You can tilt back and forth, but the height of the stand is fixed.
on November 1, 2016
I am really happy with the monitor. I was struggling what to choose through 3 different monitors - all more expensive than this one. After much debate, I thought the cheaper route would be enough and now I'm real happy in the performance and look of this monitor. I run it on a gaming PC.
My only concern was the mounted up-and-down swivel. It took a lot of strength (nearly what I thought would break it) and finally moved after a good struggle.
on October 1, 2012
+1 for Amazon for getting this thing shipped so fast, but this review is not about them, it is about the monitor itself. The monitor is beautiful in itself. Asus done a great job on aesthetics. It has one stuck pixel right out of the box, but I only see it on a solid black screen. The color saturation was off when I first hooked it up so adjustments needed to be made to get the colors right. Unless you like an extremely bright screen, the backlight has to be toned way down too. After adjustments and toning down the backlight to match my room, this thing has a beautiful picture. I see absolutely no ghosting when gaming. I cannot comment on the speakers because I already have surround, so I didn't even hook them up. All in all, I give it an A and would recommend that this be your next monitor. If you are reading this review, then you are already somewhat interested, so pull the trigger and order it already.
on August 6, 2015
The ASUS VE248H is a decent monitor for its price. As other reviewers have noted, the speaker is not the greatest quality. If you are primarily interested in hearing application/OS notifications you shouldn't have any issues, just be sure to adjust the volume via the OSD first. If you plan to watch movies or play games on this monitor, you will likely want to opt for a different audio output option.

I also want to note that I purchased this via Amazon Warehouse Deals. It was listed as used in good condition, but it appears that the box was never opened. Maybe it was a factory refurb, but the item description didn't indicate this. Either way, it was a great deal for me!
on March 15, 2016
This is a great monitor. We already had an identical one for a couple of years, so this second one added to the first gives me a double monitor screen setup where you can use your cursor to drag a window back and forth between the two. I only had two video ports on the back of my computer card so I could not set them both up on DVI cables for full 1080P HD without going to the store and buying more conversion crap, so I ended up connecting the first one via a DVI cable and the second one via a VGA cable. Obviously videos will appear slightly better on the screen with the DVI cable. This monitor has six selector buttons on the bottom right edge of the bezel frame but I have never needed to access them and don't know how to use any of them except the power button which stays blue when it is on as it hangs out the bottom.
on June 26, 2014
The first thing I need to say is that the speakers on the monitor are trash. At full volume they are very low and tinny sounding. They have all the quality of a cell phone. I have the volume on the monitor at 100%. And the pc volume at 100%. As far as the picture quality. It looks very good but I cannot use the recommended resolution setting because I get a black bar across the top and bottom of the screen. I had to use 1600x900 and that seems to have made it acceptable. If it matters my computer is windows 8.1.

It is now 7/14/14 and the monitor does not look the same. It is a little chalky looking and has developed a slight purplish cast to it. This monitor now has all the quality of a CRT picture tube from to 1970s. And the price goes up as if this is a deal. I now think it is best to by a Quality name brand monitor. Not some off the wall brand. There is no savings if the product is failing to work properly in such a short time. I will update this review again when the monitor fails completely.
on September 12, 2015
We picked up this monitor for my wife's at home work area (she's a government worker who teleworks a few days a week) and, along with the great mount (Mount-it! Single Laptop/Notebook Desk Mount/Stand with Fully Adjustable Extension Arms & Clamp (MI-3352MN)) we bought at the same time it works perfectly. It's crisp and clear, the sound works well, and she's now the envy of her workmates who've seen it.
on August 6, 2017
Love it. Works very well. Asus customer service was responsive to my questions. I just wish the adjusting buttons name on the bottom of the screen were backlit. Even though they are on the from of the screen and facing me, I can't read the button names without a flash light.
on November 17, 2014
I am very happy with this monitor. No problems with delivery or installation -- it started right up with no issues. The monitor has excellent connectivity (HDMI, DVI, VGA) and great quality and at a good price. I could have used two HDMI connections, but probably that is too much to ask for at this price. The monitor works well as either a small HDTV or a PC monitor.

The speakers are pretty basic, as one would expect, but they are good enough to watch HDTV, or tell what the PC is up to, or listen to a CD at low fidelity. Sound quality is better than a laptop. One nice thing is the monitor is not bulky, and you can't even tell the monitor has speakers just by looking at it. The earphone jack works fine -- I had no issues like others have suggested. It does seem to cut out the monitor speakers when you a stereo plug in, like it should, but you could also just turn the monitor volume down if it did not. For about $45 you can add excellent sound if you plug a 2.1 PC speaker system with a subwoofer into that 3.5 mm earphone jack. The best sound quality and volume is achieved by going HDMI from the PC or TV cable box to the monitor. If instead you send video to the monitor via DVI or VGA cable and then take the sound from the PC using a 3.5mm audio cable, you will find that sound volume and quality are diminished, whether you route it through the monitor or not.
on May 8, 2013
My plan was to replace my 7yr old 20" LCD DELL Ultra-sharp monitor. I received it last night, a day earlier than Amazon indicated. I am happy with the picture quality... ABSOLUTELY no dead pixel at all. If it were not for the following 2 minor issues, I would have given it the 5 star ratings:
1. tiny speaker (I should have known it as on Amazon site, it says 1W speaker). The sound is tiny despite having the volume turned to 100%. I shall be looking for an external speaker to complement this monitor.
2. The OSD (On Screen Display) menu is not intuitive. There is no user manual to accompany the package. I searched in vain online for it. Finally I played with the various buttons to get the settings I wanted (I ended up writing down the steps for future reference). And, once you hit the wrong feature, you have to wait for the OCD to time out before you can choose another feature. I actually turned off and on the unit, to by-pass the OSD auto-time-out. This is not a major issue as once I have configured the features I prefer, I will hardly go back to use the OSD again.

But don't let the above 2 comments discourage you. Basically this is a great monitor. For the price, I consider it a steal.