Customer Reviews: Asus Dual Band Wireless-N 600 SOHO Router, Fast Ethernet, 8 Guest SSID, Parental Access Time Control (RT-N53)
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

on March 16, 2012
This router overall is pretty good. Everything works like it should. The LAN speeds seem better than my old Netgear as well as the Wireless G speeds seem faster. I am not sure about the guest security on the 5Ghz network as I really don't have a need for it yet. I bought this router because of the 5 SSID that you can have on it. That feature I enjoy. My only complaint with this router is that once per week I have to do a soft reset. If I was using this at home that would not be a big deal but I use this at a small business which I need remote access to my files, and that is a big deal.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 4, 2012
I've had a ton of trouble with this Router. There seems to be a firmware bug which forces "AP Isolation" to on. This means that if you want to enable file sharing between wireless and wired users, you are out of luck.

Spelling and grammar errors exist in the menus which make it difficult to setup, i.e. "Click yes to enable the disabling of this feature"

I thought that it would be nice to upgrade my network to "N" but I have better luck with my old trusty WRT54G.
on May 24, 2014
This product does support Google Chrome, great distance coverage, super easy to setup.

My family has noticed a much more reliable Wi-Fi connection.

I highly recommend this router.
on June 16, 2012
I got this router because my other one could barely hold 2 connections at once. This one worked better - but not much better, I noticed after a few weeks. My PS3 in the living room wouldn't connect 9 times out of 10, and the connection in my room (where the cable connection is) was tenuous at best. This didn't make sense to me, especially since ASUS has always made superior products. I Google-d reasons why it might not be working optimally, and one of the suggestions was updating the firmware on the router.

Lo and behold, The version I had was ~1.432 and the upgrade was for 3.132. Apparently the one that had come with the router was ANCIENT. So, go to ASUS's website and download the latest firmware for this product. You should see a marked difference in performance.

Other than this minor (but annoying) issue, the router is fantastic.
on December 31, 2012
I use this router as a wireless extender paired with a N56. As far as my usage the router works great and was easy to set up.

The only reason I am giving it a 3 star instead of 5 is because it does not have gigabyte ethernet, so its stuck at your 12.5MB/s (100Mb/s) speed on Ethernet. Because of this, I would never choose this as my main router. otherwise its jam packed with features
on January 10, 2014
Very strong signal throughout our two bedroom condo. CD free set-up, system recognized router as soon as it is powered on. Easily control access with time limits, guest accounts, and even bandwidth limitations! Absolutely love it!
on December 19, 2013
Super easy to setup
Great strong signal in my 3 floor apartment (you can position or wall mount for added "focusing" of signal)
Asus software is amazing for managing networks/viewing traffic/setting up QoS

Only complaint is my roommates brand new maxbook pro didnt want to connect properly to the 5ghz network (but this is the only device with an issue so it may not be related to the router.. I wont fault asus for this)

I bought this to replace an old Linksys WRT54G that I had running strong for about 8 years. I did my research and people seem to love the ASUS line so I decided at the price point I would try this dual-band router out. If you're on the fence about a new router i strongly recommend this one. The built in dual band is awesome for multiple purpose household we setup the 2.4ghz for internet browsing and streaming movies/music. We then dedicated the 5ghz for gaming and we never notice any hiccups from having all the devices using the internet simultaneously now, our ping used to get worse as more people were watching movies or streaming.
on October 23, 2013
Seller ships very fast. Awesome Wi-fi speeds. Several different products using Wi-fi does not seem to slow down my internet speeds at all. I am on a plan using 20 mgbs. And set up was plug and play and a simple call to your provider to switch it on. I would definitely purchase this product again. Very satisfied.
on September 6, 2012
Wow, I am impressed. I knew from experience that Asus made high value computers and mother boards at great prices, turns out they do the same with routers. Dual band so you can have mobile devices on 2.5GHz while you run your laptop/computer on the 5GHz band. Easy to setup and use, very sleek looking, and does not hold back our 30 megabit internet connection. Great for gaming or houses that have multiple connected devices.
on August 2, 2013
I have two windows 7 machines and 1 windows xp machine. The windows XP machine has no problems and the signal is actually pretty strong. But there were a lot of connectivity issues with the windows 7 machines. One of the machines disconnects and reconnects every 30s or so. The other windows 7 machine for some reason would refuse to connect to the wifi network completely. I upgraded the network adapter driver for this machine and it started connecting, but every 3-4 mins, the connection becomes very weak. Very disappointed, will be returning this product.