|Brand Name||Duo Games|
|Item model number||04-0002EN|
|Item Weight||1.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 8 x 12 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.5 x 8 x 12 inches|
Atari Arcade for iPad - Duo Powered
|Price:||$16.62 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Relive the fast-action excitement of all your arcade favorites, like Asteroids, Centipede, and Missile Command
- Simply connect your iPad to Atari Arcade, download Atari's Greatest Hits app for Duo, and you're ready to share the fun with family and friends anywhere!
- Designed for 1-2 players
- iPad sold separately
- Compatible with iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Go old-school in a new-school way. Relive the fast-action excitement of all your arcade favorites with Atari Arcade, the app-supported joystick controller for iPad. The portable Atari Arcade wireless controller gets friends and family sharing the fun anywhere. The Atari Greatest Hits app for Atari Arcade is designed for 1 or 2 players. With its joystick and buttons, Atari Arcade is exactly the way arcade games were meant to be played.
Enter High Score Here
Regaining your top score on dozens of Atari's classic games may just be the best way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Atari Games. Download Atari's Greatest Hits app from the App Store to play Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Lunar Lander and Missile Command free with Atari Arcade.
Easy to Set Up
Get ready for "this is the way arcade games are supposed to be played!" game time. It's easy to get started. First, download the Atari Greatest Hits game collection from the App Store. Then connect the Duo Atari controller to your iPad using the iPad 30-pin connector. Choose one of Atari's classic games and select Duo in the control settings. Then it's time to use your Atari Arcade joystic and buttons to show the world who's the real champion.
Works with Every iPad
The Duo Atari Arcade controller works with all generations of iPads including iPad 1, iPad 2, and iPad 3. No batteries are required--just connect and play.
About Duo Games
Based in Seattle's Pioneer Square district, Duo Games has pioneered a category of portable gaming accessory products to become the worldwide leader in iOS gaming accessories and supporting apps. Duo Games products are designed to exist where digital and physical games meet, mingle, and connect to transform existing hit mobile games into something entirely new, and vastly better.
The Duo line of app-supported accessories for iPad create enhanced, shared gaming experiences with friends and family.
Top Customer Reviews
I thought this might be like a more affordable version of the iCade, but when I received it, I was very disappointed. Here are some important details to consider (caveat emptor):
1. This is a one-app accessory - there are no indications that this will ever be supported by other developers or even future apps from Atari.
2. Only portrait mode games are supported, landscape games cannot be played (and the Atari's Greatest Hits app does not give you an option to switch between portrait and landscape - each game is either only portrait or only landscape).
3. Most cases for the iPad will have to be removed in order to place the iPad on the device.
4. Atari's Greatest Hits only has one free game (Missile Command), otherwise you need to make additional in-app purchases of $0.99 for a 4 pack of games or $9.99 for all "99 games."
5. Many of the "99 games" are Atari 2600 games, only around 25% of them are arcade games (from 80's era).
6. This controller does not require separate power - it is powered from the iPad. However, that also means that it is not possible to charge the iPad while it is attached.
I knew about 4-6 before buying and 3 is not unexpected, but 1 and 2 (especially 2) make the iCade a much better purchase, even at a higher price.
Now for the usability ... the joystick is bit hard to maneuver, especially on the space oriented shooter games (hard to aim). Maybe I just need more practice time. Generally speaking, this is fun introduction to 1st generation gaming system. I've had this system set up in my living room for a week and it's gotten a lot of use by 20-24 year old college students. Clever and compact design. Great/effective iPad integration. I would recommend this game to teenaged/adolescent gamers.
I couldn't test it full yet but I will update this review as soon as I get to use it with a game
NOTE: you have to buy the games from the game app for 10$ you get 99 games
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No need to buy this "extra" device. Try the app first before buying this device. This contraption is a waste of time and money.Published 17 months ago by Angel Germany
Crap!!! Do not by this junk!! Does not work and it wants you to purchase other cheap games. Box is a little misleading.Published 19 months ago by Jose Morales
It's fine - nice styling, pretty good quality - but I bought it specifically to play Centipede. The controls are probably OK for many of the other Atari games, but they just don't... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Katherine Chalmers