Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 5, 2012
When I started making royal icing, I used the meringue powder sold at craft stores but always had issues with it clumping. Then I tried the Williams Sonoma brand and fell in love with it. But when that was discontinued, I knew I couldn't go back to the other brand and had heard of Ateco so thought I'd give it a try. Never again will I use another brand, even if Williams Sonoma starts making it again. This meringue powder never clumps, gives me great royal icing, and doesn't have any sort of unpleasant aftertaste that I've noticed. Perfect product.
on July 21, 2011
I have tried just about every method possible for making royal icing and on a tip from a food blog I read I ordered this stuff. I can now make royal icing in a flash and it's fantastic and the results are always consistent. But even better than the royal icing this makes is the buttercream icing for cakes and cupcakes. Holy cow it is smooth and silky and decadent and you can flavor it any which way you want. It's an absolute dream to work with! I've never had a problem with it working, neither humidity nor heat will affect how it comes together. Though if it's exceptionally hot your buttercream will melt, but anything at high temperatures will do that. Love this stuff!
on March 24, 2013
Ive never used a meringue powder and was scared that I would mess it up my first time, but it was easy and really made the difference in my cookie icing. It makes it dry and have a sheen to it. Love it but was disappointed that the container was so small and that the lid tore a little when I opened it. Cheap plastic lid.
on September 20, 2011
This is the best meringue powder product I have tried! I don't think I can ever go back to any other product. It has the best taste, and makes the best icing consistency. I'm constantly getting comments on how good my cookies taste and I know a lot of it is because I use Ateco meringue powder in my royal icing. I only wish it was sold in more stores, because where I live I can only purchase it via internet, and that stinks sometimes when I need it right now. I try to remember to keep enough in stock, however, surprises sneak up on me sometimes when I worry I might not have enough! Sure don't know why in the world Michael's and Hobby Lobby wouldn't carry it!!
on June 2, 2014
Don't waste your time on Wilton and other brands- THIS is perfection every time! I don't even have to open the container and I can smell it's sweetness (like marshmallows). It is pricey- but it is head and shoulders from the cheaper brands in quality and taste. The only other brand I liked was the William Sonoma- but THIS is my favorite for sure!
on July 13, 2013
Delicious in the meringue icing for my butter cookies - doesn't add a funny taste like Wilton brand. I am so glad to find this online because I can't find it in any nearby stores.
on May 4, 2013
I looked in my local grocery stores for merigue powder and couldn't find it. Joann Fabrics carried the Wilton brand for the same price (cheaper if you use a coupon), but this got better ratings.

It worked great! I will buy this again!
on August 5, 2013
This meringue powder makes much more delicious royal icing than the kind you can find at most craft stores and walmart. It has a lovely scent and flavor. I will never make RI without this again.
on December 10, 2012
I'm so glad I purchased this product. I had used the Wilton brand to make royal icing thinking that the brand wouldn't matter. It really does make a difference! Don't hesitate to purchase if you want great tasting royal icing.
on June 12, 2013
Very easy to whip up a batch of royal icing with this, and it tastes much better than the craft store brand. Very recommended!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.