Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 9, 2014
I live in Namibia. For many Americans and people in countries such as the UK, ordering or buying satin ice gumpaste, is like going to your local store and fetch it, or ordering it online with a click of a button. Well I've just received my first ever batch of real satin-ice gumpaste from the USA. I paid 16 USD for the 2lb tub, and 74USD shipping and handling. Import TAX and duties was 4 USD. Yes - believe it or not. I've always made my own gumpaste, well at least I tried using many recipes. Sometimes it cracked. Sometimes it never dried. And many times I threw the batch away. I've just played with a bit of the paste and made 3 leaves and one small rose. It might sound ordinary or stupid for you, but its like finally experiencing liquid gold. For the first time in my life, I experienced real gumpaste. The texture is unbelievable. It doesnt crack. Its not sticky. Its not messy. Its just wonderful. I hope that I will have the opportunity and means to import more paste in the future. As for now - I'll try to save it and use only when needed. I am so thankful. This is the best product ever. I am so fortunate.
90 helpful votes
91 helpful votes
on October 26, 2016
Maybe it's just me, but the flowers I made with this gum paste did not turn out as well as when I used other brands (Fat Daddio & Wilton). I was making a ton of Plumeria flowers for a cake and when using this one I found I had to let it sit for about 5 min. or the petals would just flop as I was shaping them and putting them together... it was easier to work with after sitting, but then it got a little creased and wrinkled looking when it dried. Might do better for figures than leaves & petals. I'll try that next so as not to let this go to waste.
2 helpful votes
on October 20, 2015
I love sculpting cakes...and I had never worked with gumpaste and after some research found that Satin Ice was used by a lot of cake makers.
The product came in a wrapped, resealable bucket that was easy to open and close. 2 pounds goes a long way for me as i'm not allways getting requests for hand made flowers unless it's wedding cakes so it is nice to have the storage container so the gumpaste doesn't dry out.
Working with Satin Ice was very enjoyable...it's smooth, easy to work in my hand to soften and cuts/patterns great(you can see the details in my gumpaste butterflies and flowers in my photo). When using color I reccommend gel color and you can highlight it with luster dusts. The taste reminds me of a mild vanilla candy I've had before and my left over pieces get snatched up by my kids when they are looking for something sweet. I don't find the taste has any weird after taste and rolls onto floral wire well. I use cornstarch with my gumpaste as powderd suger makes it a bit more gummy/to sweet. It is a staple item in my cake making arsenal.
review image
38 helpful votes
39 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on July 21, 2016
I bought this to try making flowers for the cake for my upcoming wedding. This came in well sealed. The gum past was firm but definitely pliable so it seemed fresh enough not to be horrible to try to work with. As a beginner I can say that I do struggle with working fast enough to thin edges, etc. without them having small cracks which is a mighty bummer. This, I believe, is user error and not a problem with the product. The things I have done have dried well.

I would buy this product again.
on January 10, 2016
This product is the best I have used in the way of gum paste. It is a great consistency and it dries very hard. It's perfect for making gum paste flowers and for figurines. I have bought this 2 times and each time it was the same. It's simply wonderful
on March 22, 2016
First time gum paste user here. Took some trial and error to make my designs (a large bow and dots); easy to mold. I do recommend adding in your food coloring a few drops at a time. It takes longer to kneed it to the color you want, but it prevents overkill. As I wanted a black bow, I used way too much black dye in the first try. I added in extra gum paste to even out the wetness the black dye made, and it came out perfect in the end.

Next time I will buy already black gum paste. But for any other colors, I'll stick to this one.
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 17, 2017
Behaves a little differently to the wilton one but that's not a bad thing. Works great. Good price
on May 3, 2017
This is great stuff after you learn to handle it. I hope to make some very cute cakes using it.
on October 18, 2017
This product arrived damaged with the container lid off the tub and the safety seal compromised.
on October 2, 2015
I am a professional baker and this is my favorite gum paste to use. It dries very quick and can be rolled out very thin. Great for flowers or structural decorations. And doesn't taste too bad
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.