Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 333 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 343 reviews
on February 20, 2013
This case seems like a well-built, roomy piece of luggage. Looking forward to getting it out on the road for the first try.
1717 comments| 283 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2013
We purchased one of these Athalon bags, tried it out for a short trip, and liked it so much that we purchased another one. They are very sturdily designed and made. We then took both of these bags on a long trip and the amount that can be packed into one of these is amazing. When fully stuffed, the bag still looks surprisingly trim on the outside, without any noticeable bulges. I appreciated this bag so much that I took an inventory of one bag when unpacking at home, to share on this review. Granted, the bag was packed to use all available space. The contents of ONE of these bags was as follows:

1 set Tilos travel snorkeling fins (about 20")
2 snorkeling masks with cases
1 deck cards
1 med. size book
1 bag seashells/rocks
1 rock - 2 lbs

Quite a lot of stuff! Lastly, one reviewer felt that the telescoping handle was too short, but we did not notice any problem with that at all, and we are tall people, 5'11" and 6'1" barefoot. The only negative was that the handles don't snap firmly into place when closed, but they stayed put when closed and it didn't present any problems. We decided to get the green color, and ours is not as bright as it appears in the photo. It made the bag easy to spot at the airport. This bag also has good hand grips in unexpected places, so it was easy to put in the overhead bin on the plane, and it fit easily, too. It is a little narrower toward the top, which could help it fit in a plane with smaller overhead bins. An added plus are the buckling straps which take any strain off of the zipper. Not only do we appreciate these Athalon bags, we have a lot of respect for them, too. Bravo, Athalon!
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
I have gone on two business trips so far with this bag. It has been a fantastic experience!

Pros:
Your ziplock bag for carry-on liquids fits perfectly into either of the side zipper pockets.
The zipper lock loop easily go together to put a TSA lock through it no problem.
HIGHLY visible, especially in comparison to everyone else's bags. However, not crazy enough to be considered unprofessional!
Space available is maximized to enure maximum storage.
Even when I overpacked, I had no problems bringing this on as a carryon.
With khaki and jean pants being considered into the equation, you can get 5 completely separate outfits in this bag for sure. Shirt wise, I brought t-shirts and polo shirts.
When put on its back, it will rest on these guard strips, NOT the fabric. This ensures less wear and tear on the bag.
On that note, the heavy duty clasps as you see in the product's pic help!
No matter how you put the bag in the overhead, you can pull it out easily since both sides have a handle of sorts.
Wheels roll great on multiple surfaces.
May not be a four-wheeler, but still maneuvers well.
Handle is wiggly as expected for being collapsible, but not too wiggly that you think it'd ever fall apart in normal use.
Inner-outlined mesh pockets hold content well, even when you turn back upside down or all around.
For most, the shoe pockets will hold your normal tallness sized shoe. I have a size 12-13 foot, and my shoes may have stuck out a little bit.
The inner straps work well. Because of their thinness, I'm scared I would break it, but I haven't even noticed any torquing happen. Make sure to tighten the strap first AND THEN loop the extra strap through the locking plastic piece.
I haven't doused this bag in water yet, but the material and everything seem to have at least some level of water resistance so yay!

Cons:
It would be nice to have shoe holders that could envelop my shoes completely, however I'm used to not getting that luxury.
Sometimes the handle is a punk and wants to stick in the shorter position instead of fully extended. It's not actually an issue since I can roll it in either, but it is a slight quirk. I'm 5'11.5" btw.

Closing comments/suggestions:
I don't regret getting this bag AT ALL. I was looking at more expensive bags from brands like Samsonite. The BIGGEST problem with those were the reviews. I knew the build quality would be good, but I couldn't be positive some of those bags would be carry-on-able around the world. This bag seemed able. The slim-line profile helped me feel confident in that.
I suggest getting those E-bag compartmentalizing bags. In this specific color, I was able to get about the same color green! They are useful!... but of course not required.
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2015
Good looking bag and rolls well. But the handle padding came apart after 1 year of use. Submitted warranty information to Athalon and followed all their instructions to have a new bag sent to me. After 5 months they are not returning emails.

Update: Several weeks later a new employee contacted me and said my replacement bag had shipped. I received the new bag yesterday. Hopefully this one will hold up because I really like the bag.
review image
on May 17, 2012
After researching many bags online for travel, I settled on this one for a recent trip to Mexico because I did not want to check any luggage. It fit in the overhead compartment with no problem and I had it stuffed to the max. It doesn't look like you can fit much in here but it holds a ton. It has many outside pockets which I love. It's pretty light weight when empty too. The extra outside locking buckles made it nice and secure for the journey. I was able to comfortably glide this along the airport, on the plane and thru the hotel with no issues. The handle popped in and out easily for the ride on the security belts or to throw it in the back of the airport transportation van. Between this and a small back-pack I had more than enough space to carry everything for my 5 day trip to Mexico without having to check, and of course, I over packed. Next time I can probably leave the back-pack at home. I got the graffiti color which is fun and stands out amongst the many black cases you will see in an airport. I'm planning on buying my boyfriend one for our next International trip so he can travel as stress free as I did and he won't have to lug around his heavy duffle bag on his shoulder. I can't wait to use it again next week for a short trip to San Diego. Great bag!
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This thing rocks. It's amazing how much I can fit into it. Since I purchased it last year, I've packed 2 weeks worth of clothing and souvenirs to and from SE Asia, and it's most recently lasted me through a winter trip to Prague and Paris for the holidays.

The wheels and handle have proven reliable, and I like that it can be compressed more than a standard bag due to the soft, sloping top. Also love that it zippers all the way around in a full U-shape to streamline packing and unpacking, and gaining access to items while it's upright (say, while you're in line at the airport, etc.) is a breeze because you can easily open from the top and just grab what you need.

It passes the passport and the style test!
review image
on November 14, 2015
I took this as a carry-on for a 2 week Europe trip, and i checked it once just because we had one free checked bag, but I could have taken on the plane with me, so size wasnt an issue. It holds quite a bit, especially with packing cubes. I even managed to over pack, i don't know how, but i did, haha.
It's a very sturdy little suitcase. It's now been to London, Germany, all over Italy, and Madrid. We did a lot of walking from hotels to train stations and bus stops and airports and it rolls great. Its heavy duty fabric with the big buckles for extra support for the zipper. The zippers are made for use with a luggage lock which was a huge plus because we had to leave our suitcases with hotels after check out and come back and get them later, and I didn't worry about anyone going through my luggage.
The only little thing about this suitcase is that the telescopic handle could be a little more sturdy. It kind of wiggles around a lot, and toward the end of the trip, after quite a bit of use, sometimes it catches when trying to expand it or put it back down. But jiggling it a little will get it free. It's not a huge deal, but just a little side note about that.
Over all, I'm extremely pleased with this little guy. I expect him to last a loooong time as long as the telescopic handle holds up. And even if that gives out, it's still got great duffel bag handles on it for carrying it if you don't need to do long distance walking and need the rollers (which btw are also great for when you encounter big staircases, which happened a lot!!) i can't even see any wear on it after my trip except the wheels are dirty from rolling everywhere.
on November 18, 2011
This was a far more difficult decision to make than I had anticipated. After much research and review I selected the Athalon 21" for my new carry-on bag. The bag arrived three days after I hit the purchase button and I must say I am very impressed with the quality of this bag. The build is fantastic, feels so solid yet not heavy at all. It's amazing how much stuff you can pack in the bag. I packed an extra pair of shoes (shoe pockets on inside of lid), two pair of jeans, 5 t-shirts, 5 boxers, 5 pairs of socks, 1 pair of sweat pants, two dress shirts a windbreaker and toiletries with room to spare. There are 4 elastic/mesh pockets on the interior bottom section. There is another mesh pocket and the two shoe pockets I mentioned previously on the interior lid. There is also a full length zippered pocket on the exterior top of the bag beneath the handle that I really appreciate for magazines or a book or what ever. The two exterior side pockets are a bit larger than they seem in the pics on line and that is a good thing as well. This is just a great bag from every point of view. I am going to immediately order the 29" version as well, it's a no brainer at this point.

I compared this 21" Athalon to similar products by Ogio and Oakley. The Athalon was priced lower and that makes it a terrific bargain for a high quality bag.
11 comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
I bought this when I was traveling back and forth between Columbus, OH and Scottsdale, AZ for work. It was my first suitcase, I have tons of duffle bags and backpacks, but it was time to become more professional.

I did a lot of research and this is what I came to as the bag for me. I read about Athalon as a company and really liked their philosophy. I was willing to spend more if a suitcase warranted it, but this one got rave reviews and has lived up to them thus far.

Unlike other suitcases in this price range, or any price range for that matter, the zipper quality on this suit case is amazing, I have crammed up to 2 weeks worth of clothes and shoes and toiletries into this before, it took a lot of effort to close, but it eventually did.

I also like that even when it is fully loaded it will fit in the overhead bin on an airplane. I prefer to not check my bags so I can get out of the airport faster. The handle on the top, although it looks odd, makes it much easier to carry with one had as the bag is better balanced. it also has several small pockets, 2 on the sides and one in the lid that can be used for various things. I have used the top pocket for my boarding passes, expense receipts, iPad. I have used the side pockets for chargers and keys and things like that.

I would highly recommend this carry on, but also would recommend that you do your own research and get what works for you.
on October 10, 2013
This would have been 5 stars if it were manufactured properly. There is a metal strip in the top handle that supports the weight of the case. Unfortunately when the one I got was assembled, the rivet did not go through the slot in the metal so the only thing providing support was a narrow piece of cloth that wraps over the metal. By the third flight the handle came apart on a fairly light load.

I did get a free return and refund from Amazon.