Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Atheist Camel Rants Again!: more arguments and observations from the atheist front Paperback – May 25, 2011
|New from||Used from|
"Neverworld Wake" by Marisha Pessl
Read the absorbing new psychological suspense thriller from acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Marisha Pessl. Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
DROMEDARY HUMP is the alter-ego of BART CENTRE, a lifelong freethinker, atheist activist, blogger, and the author of popular "The Atheist Camel Chronicles: Debate Themes and Arguments for the Non-Believer". A decorated “atheist in a foxhole” Vietnam veteran, and a retired senior vice president of a national retail corporation, he holds a BA in psychology with a minor in religion. Mr. Centre is the creator and co-owner of the celebrated Eternal Earth-Bound Pets post-Rapture pet rescue website that has received worldwide attention and acclaim. He has appeared on NPR, the BBC, CBC, Australian radio, the Alan Colmes Radio Show, and many secular and religious radio and television shows across the US and Canada. A full-page article about Mr. Centre and his unique enterprise appeared in Business Week magazine (Feb. 11, 2010). A lifelong New Yorker, Mr. Centre now resides in New Hampshire with his much-put-upon and saintly “quasi-Episcopal” wife of forty-one years and his two atheist dogs. He has two grown, freethinking sons.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well here we go,
Hump strikes the middle of the target again with his unrestrained and often intensely funny second book. Another collection of his best work shows he hasn't lost a step in his battle to bring logic and reason to the "faith-inclined" section of the world. His arguments ring as true as ever as he tells us more stories both funny and serious.
As other reviews have stated, this is NOT a conversion kit for Atheists or anything of that nature. It's fun, smart and just sarcastic enough to get you laughing.
Thanks for all the stories Hump! This reader is looking forward to the next batch!
"The Atheist Camel Rants Again!" is a one-hundred essay book about religious and popular culture topics of interest to atheists and freethinkers. Author and lifelong freethinker Dromedary Hump aka, Bart Centre comes back with yet another amusing, thought-provoking book. This 326-page book is composed of one-hundred short essays.
1. An entertaining fun book!
2. Interesting, page -turner of a book. Great format.
3. Can be read in no particular order and accessible to the masses.
4. I love the irreverent tone backed by strong convictions.
5. Fascinating topics about religion from a freethinker's point of view.
6. In between the humor there are a lot of strong observations about the religious right and their agenda.
7. Well conceived rants.
8. Makes a lot of compelling arguments in favor of his position.
9. Great explanation of what religious fanaticism is.
10. Great quotes, "To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead" by Thomas Paine.
11. "Faithicide..." genius.
12. Some interesting theories.
13. Interesting tidbits throughout, "The Meaning of the Twelve Folds of Our Flag."
14. The burden of proof.
15. The fallacy of free will.
16. The fallacy of revealed morality.
17. At times even inspirational.
18. The myth that is the Bible.
19. The truth about the Ten Commandments.
20. Was our country founded as a Christian nation? Find out.
21. The negative impact of religion.
23. The truth about sins.
24. The truth about the Constitution.
1. No links or notes.
2. This negative is a matter of expectations. If you are expecting a thorough debunking of religion, this is not that kind of book. This book is about well-conceived rants from a freethinker.
In summary, as a freethinker this book was a dessert. It's irreverent, thought-provoking, and just a fun book that can be picked up at any time. I enjoyed it and if you are a freethinker or have an open mind, you will certainly enjoy it too.
Further recommendations, of course the author's previous book, "The Atheist Camel Chronicles", "God Hates You, Hate Him Back" and " Jesus Lied" by CJ Werleman, "Your Religion Is False" by Joel Grus, and "What Do You Do with a Chocolate Jesus?" by Thomas Quinn. All these books have an irreverent tone that is similar to the book reviewed.
You don't have to start from page one. Just open any page, you will be entertained. Read it while lining up for gas, or waiting at a doctor's office or sittin in the corner of a department store while your spouse is busy spending your hard earned bucks.
I promise it's worth more than you pay for.
I wish there were more authors like Bart.