Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Atkins for Life: The Complete Controlled Carb Program for Permanent Weight Loss and Good Health Paperback – Illustrated, May 11, 2004
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
“A low carbohydrate diet can indeed lead to significant and sustained weight loss.” ―From a Duke University study
“Obesity experts are now finding it difficult to ignore . . . that [Atkins'] diet does just what he has claimed.” ―The New York Times Magazine
About the Author
Robert C. Atkins, M.D., was the founder and medical chair of The Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine in New York City. A 1951 graduate of the University of Michigan, Dr. Atkins received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical School in 1955, and went on to specialize in cardiology. He was the bestselIing author of Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution and Dr. Atkins' Age-Defying Diet and was the chairman of the Dr. Robert C. Atkins Foundation.
- Item Weight : 1.55 pounds
- Paperback : 400 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0312315238
- Product Dimensions : 7.49 x 1.04 x 9.12 inches
- ISBN-10 : 0312315236
- Publisher : St. Martin's Griffin (May 11, 2004)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #652,499 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PS. These self help books are best if you buy the actual paper back book vs. Kindle. There are charts etc. that you just can't print easily from Kindle.
1) A Lifetime Plan - explains the concepts, inspiring success stories with before/after photos, and lots of quizzes and information like recommendations for what to eat regularly, moderately and sparingly, suggestions for making exercise a regular part of your life, and facing challenges.
2) Eating for Life - information on getting your kitchen in order and meal plans for different Net Carb levels (45, 60, 80, 100), carb counting charts, and 125 recipes.
I will say that the book has some ingredients listed that are no longer available--but with a search of some low carb websites I easily found healthier substitutes for those items. I consider this an essential book for anyone following an Atkins lifestyle.