Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 5, 2017
Far surpassed my expectations for the price. Some reviews were slightly negative, but for what I paid for, these things are plenty sturday especially once you load them down with discs. Of note, the color looks just like black, which is good for me as my office furniture is all black tones. So I was a little worried they wouldn't match because I think it is listed as Espresso and I thought it would look more brown? But it looks straight black, so be aware of that on the color.

I have 165 PS3 games on one and it has filled all 5 shelves perfectly. I use another for PS4 and Blue Rays as I build my collection. Looks and works great. Installation takes maybe 30 minutes with a screwdriver, no big deal.
on January 9, 2013
This cd rack is awesome! It's exactly as described and works great. I got one about 6 months ago and filled it up right away, so I just bought another. Both have held up great and i've had no problems whatsoever. They're very easy to put together as well. I'd recommend this to anyone who has a lot of cds/games/blu-rays/dvds and doesn't wanna spend a ton of money on storage.
review image
on November 20, 2015
Assembled within an hour with the help of a small Phillips-head screwdriver and a bottle of wine. Also now I can tell everyone to check out my sweet rack, so, that's a plus.
review image
on January 28, 2016
Other than this rack/shelf being too small, it has worked out very well where I have placed it (and there, though it would still be preferable if it was larger---so I could fit regular-sized hardback books in and/or on it as I am able to do with two similar units that I couldn't find still manufactured and sold anymore, anywhere---it would probably not look as good as it now does, if it was taller.

I "triple" glued, and then "black-permanent-markered" the glue after it had completely dried, and now the unit is quite sturdy and "built like a tank"; so, I recommend patiently gluing the slats and the rods; first, when initially putting the unit together; and, secondly, and repeatedly, with more glue in stages until no more glue is sucked (as it will do) into the space they are attached in and/or to, and you end up with a nice dried 'bead", WITH NO MORE AIR BUBBLES, around all of them.

Unfortunately, the slots and holes are all finished with the finish used on the item, so the glue doesn't really have a good surface to adhere to; but, with the way I did it and recommend, it worked/works-out pretty well, ending up much stronger and sturdier "triple-glued" than if it was wasn't glued at all or only upon initial assembly. Therefore, if you want this product to be sturdy, please don't neglect to glue it as I recommend.

AND, NOTE TO THE DESIGNERS AND MANUFACTURERS OF THIS SHELVING RACK UNIT, PLEASE FIND A WAY TO PRE-FINISH THE PRODUCT *WITHOUT* ALLOWING THE FINISH TO GET INTO ANY OF THE SECTIONS WHERE THE SLATS AND RODS ARE TO BE ATTACHED, SO THAT GLUING OF THE UNIT(S) AS IT AND/OR THEY ARE ASSEMBLED IS MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE, WITH BARE WOOD FOR THE GLUE TO ADHERE TO, THUS ALLOWING FOR THE ITEM TO BE MUCH STURDIER UPON COMPLETION OF ASSEMBLY FOR THOSE WILLING TO GO TO THE EXTRA WORK TO BEST ASSEMBLE IT AND MAKE IT THE MOST STURDY POSSIBLE.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2016
When I first saw this thing it looked like just what I needed, I wanted to use it mainly for my CD collection which has quite a few CDs that arent the standard jewel case so they often times don't fit in the CD stands. After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried but I decided to bite the bullet and take a chance, and overall I'm fairly happy with my purchase. Putting it together took roughly 30 minutes so that wasn't too bad, however my first problem showed up when the bottom part of it (you build the top two rows and the bottom three separate and then put them together at the end) was crooked. Fortunately this was semi fixed when i put the top and bottom together however it is still slightly noticeable if you look for it, also luckily it doesn't appear to affect the way it stands. I also ran into an issue where one of the holes was not drilled out so I had to be very careful that the screw didn't go in crooked and end up cracking the wood. Anyway the final product feels fairly sturdy and holds my CDs and Blu-Rays very nicely so in the end I am still happy with my purchase. Although another point I want to make is that it does smell quite badly like some sort of chemical which is unfortunate but I'm hopeful it will go away within a few weeks or so.
on November 25, 2010
This is a cost effective solution for my growing DVD collection. The rack was easy to assemble and is sturdy. The only limitation, which other users had mentioned, is that some DVD boxed sets will not fit on any shelf, other than the top one. Other than that minor issue, I am very happy with this purchase.
on November 7, 2016
Disappointed, I purchased the rack to hold CD'S. three times now the CD'S have all fallen through the back of the rack when a person was removing a CD or looking for a CD. I had the rack sitting on a table so we could work with it I eye level but when the CD'S fall 5 feet you mite be able to understand the mess. I'm talking about 80 CD'S falling I'm hoping the fix is to put a back on the rack. I would not recommend this rack unless you want to work on so it works. Now it may hold videos but I didn't buy the rach to hold videos. It doesn't hold CD'S very well.
on October 17, 2016
Good product, but it has flaws,I have to be very careful when pulling out a Blu Ray Disc , or any disc, because the place holder might slide a little bit too far and the disc might start to fall throught the back of the organizer, what I did I placed a Zip tie on the tubes where the organizer holders are and this creates a suspension where the holder doesn't move unless the zip tie moves first.
on April 1, 2016
This thing is cheap! I don't expect it to stay together for very long. I can see it falling to pieces in the near future. I'm already finding the screw hole covers randomly laying on the floor next to it. Did I mention the holes don't really line up and I had to provide half of the hardware myself? Yeah, save your money and invest in something a little more solid. In the meantime, I suppose it's serving its purpose.
on November 20, 2014
I bought this because it hold a lot of dvd's compared to other items I was finding. However, like most things that have to be assembled, the rack does not go together straight. It is bowed where the top half and bottom half connect. It is also very touchy as far as removing a movie or putting one away. If the shelf is not completely full, movies start falling out. Also, it takes two people to assemble it because you can not line up one side with the shelf & rods installed with the other side to hook them together without one person holding it in place and the other person screwing it together. The ONLY reason I did not return it was my desire to have our movies off the floor and put away overrode my desire to disassemble it and send it back. It will be replaced as soon as I find another option!