- Product Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 0.6 inches ; 4.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B00GA55OGE
- Item model number: AK-386-BLK
- Average Customer Review: 300 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,858 in Amazon Devices & Accessories (See Top 100 in Amazon Devices & Accessories)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 29, 2013
Atlas Waterproof Case for Kindle Paperwhite by Incipio, Black
- The first ever certified "Made for Kindle" waterproof case for Kindle Paperwhite (does not fit any other Kindle model)
- Waterproof up to 6 feet for 30 mins
- Extremely tight seal ensures that your device stays dry
- Comes with a one year limited warranty against water damage caused by defects
- Rugged styling designed to withstand a variety of conditions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
ATLAS® Waterproof Case for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
The ultimate waterproof case for Amazon Kindle’s PaperWhite is here. Incipio’s ATLAS® Waterproof Case is precision engineered with a rugged hard-shell frame, protective soft shell core and tight-sealed waterproof enclosures for maximum defense. Take your device anywhere while the anti-glare screen delivers optical clarity and protection. The rigid anti-glare safety screen also provides a seamless touchscreen experience. The ATLAS® case is designed with rigid Plextonium™ and combined with impact resistant materials while remaining lightweight. The case seals shut extremely tight in order to ensure that your Kindle stays dry.
The ATLAS® Waterproof Case is waterproof up to 6ft for 30 minutes, with an Ingress Protection rating of IP68. Shock absorbent materials combine to create a protective shell for your device, and enjoy complete access to all ports and controls. Military standard tested and passed for waterproof, shockproof and dustproof, the ATLAS® case is a rugged styling designed to withstand a variety of conditions.
1-Year Device Limited Warranty
The ATLAS® Waterproof Case also includes a revolutionary 1-Year Device Limited Warranty (US only)! Covers device and case from accidently water damage for one year. Formal terms and conditions at atlas.incipio.com.
- Rugged Plextonium™ frame and supportive Flex20™ materials with a shock absorbing interior
- Rigid anti-glare safety screen provides a seamless touchscreen experience
- Slim and sleek design
- Four layers provide superior defense against shock and drops
- 1 Year Limited Device Warranty
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If this works for you as well as it did for me, please mark this as helpful so other Incipio owners will be aware.
The other really nice thing is that the case makes your Paperwhite feel almost invincible. It adds bulk and weight, but in return, you get a sturdy protection that feels like it could handle a lot of damage.
However, the issue that made me return both cases and give such a low rating: I could not get a case where the screen protector was not damaged.
Both the case I ordered and the replacement had scuffing and other imperfections on the screen layer that severely degraded my reading experience. I could handle the blurriness that the screen protector added, which was primarily due to the screen protector being slightly raised from the screen and rather thick. I could *not* handle the way my eyes would constantly shift to the damaged spots of the screen protector. No matter what, the primary goal of using my Paperwhite is always to have a pleasant reading experience. Even if the case is waterproof, $70 is too much to spend to stare at a scuffed screen layer.
Another con is that the case is incredibly hard to open. It needs to be to create the necessary seal. But it's not something you'll want to deal with taking your Paperwhite in and out of. If you think the case is hard to open empty, just be aware that it gets much worse when the Kindle is in it and you can't press the sides in to help you. Make sure the case and Kindle are nice and clean, with no trapped dust, before you seal the case.
In short, if you are lucky and get a unit where the screen protector is not damaged, you plan to leave your Paperwhite in this case, and you don't mind trading some bulk and a bit of clarity for the protection this case offers, you'll love it. Otherwise, you might want to rethink it.
The Atlas Waterproof Case is a very good case though pricey ($69.99 at time of purchase) that kept my Kindle Paperwhite dry.
1. It is truly waterproof. I dipped it into my tub and no problem.
2. Very sturdy. I have yet to drop it but the design gives me confidence that it will live up to the claims.
3. Comes with a one year limited warranty.
4. The anti-glare screen works as advertised.
5. It’s easy to turn the pages.
6. It’s easy to put together.
7. Reasonably light.
8. It’s easy and comfortable to hold.
9. It’s padded in the inside to further protect your Kindle.
10. It’s a thin case.
11. It doesn’t affect access to the charger.
12. Rubber plug to protect charging port.
13. Aesthetic design.
1. On the expensive side.
2. You must register the product to be under warranty.
3. No wake up feature.
4. It’s not a standalone case.
5. A little difficult to open but a small inconvenience.
6. I have yet to scratch the screen but concerned that it may scratch easily?
7. The screen is not crystal clear but good enough.
8. Highlighting around the edges wasn’t quite as reliable as before but it still works.
In summary, I like this product more than the negatives suggest. The main purpose is to use it around the pool and the tub without fear of damaging my Kindle and so far so good. Recommended with reservations noted more updates to follow.
The case fits perfectly, making the screen as sensitive as it was before I put it on. When the case came, I didn't even need to read any instructions because it literally snapped onto my kindle. Of course I did have to clean the sand from our St. Bart's trip off first, and the case came with a small cleaning cloth just for that purpose.
The case is waterproof up to 6 feet for 30 minutes, which I tested in my bathroom sink. Needless to say I was pretty reluctant to do so, but it worked! Now I'm confident that I can take my kindle anywhere and not have it malfunction on the first day of a long vacation.
At $60 it is expensive, but buying books to replace it if I broke it, would be pricey too. I'm so happy that I have my new case.
Most recent customer reviews
1. This case is hard to get off.Read more