Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Atom Pintail Longboard
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on May 28, 2010
Great first board. I recently got into the sport of longboarding. I absolutely love this board and the design on the underside of it. It rides real smooth and easy to control. Making adjustments is very easy. I liked that it came already assembled, just ready to ride. Highly Recommend this board for anyone just starting out or anyone not looking to spend a lot on a board.
66 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2010
when i bought this board i thought it would be a little slow and small. i got into the sport of longboarding when my friend made a board out of scratch. i didn't want to build one for safety reasons. so i looked on amazon and found this beast. it says when you buy it, it will ship in 4 to 6 weeks. that is not true. the board arrived at my house rite at 2 weeks. when my friend came over we switched boards. he said mine was perfect in agility and speed. good for beginners like me or pros. inexpensive, speedster, criuser, good-looking, what could you possibly want?
on March 13, 2011
This is an awesome board. I has great trucks and a good quality deck. I recommend this board for anyone who has just gotten into the sport of longboarding or even to more advanced riders. Check out the video review for more specs and info about the board.
55 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2010
This board is great for beginners and i highly recomend it to anyone who wnts there first longboard there is 0 wheelbite so far great downhill setup with the trucks nice concave board its great for carving and cruisng easy to adjust and i love it!!!!!!! get it!!!!!!
on August 5, 2010
I decided recently that I wanted to try out longboarding as a way to eventually get into surfing without having to drive down to the beach every day. Since my only previous memories of skateboards involve me falling off of them I didn't want to spend too much money, enter the Atom Pintail. For the price I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better. The board is smooth, stable, and cruises great. You can get some decent carves going and there's plenty of room for cross stepping and other dancing moves.

The only problem I had with the board (which other reviewers have pointed out) is a bad bearing. You're probably best off picking up a package of Bones Reds when you order this and just replace the bearings first off. They're about $12 bucks and totally worth it, the board is a lot more enjoyable with them than with the stock bearings.

Other than that though I would highly recommend this board to anyone looking to get into longboarding but not wanting to spend a lot of money straight away.
on April 28, 2011
My longboard came in two days with standard shipping. I was very excited because this is a very cheap board but it came with very good deck,wheels,trucks,and bearings. Usually long board shops give you standard Abec 3 bearings but this board came with Abec 5. I was surprised by this. All the parts are amazing but you can upgrade them even better. I prefer red bones bearings. I bought the bearings and the wheels spin twice as fast. I love the design on the back but it can damage if you grind. The wood is soft because you can easily make dents in it. i tried it in the rain and it still works great. You should loosen trucks to carve and tighten them on flat grounds. There is no wheel bite even i loosened alot. When you hit a tight turn you to get some wheel bite so I carved mine out. This is a great first longboard for beginners. This board is 10 by 39 which makes it good for carving and going down hills fast. The board's grip tape is nice and strong. Its been 4 months and The grip is still in awesome shape. You totally control the board and even more. The wheels that it comes with are just like the picture and it doesn't slide well. After I got my orangatang stimulus 70mm 86a wheels, they slide like glass. It is hard to do some manuals but this board still is amazing. BUY THIS BOARD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
on May 19, 2011
Besides the shipping issue I had once I recived my board I couldn't be happier. This was only my second time longboarding, the first time I hopped on I was addicted. The board is great gets nice speed and carves well I know in time I'll have to get new wheels but totally worth it. As a college student transportation is really essential and this board does the job and the price is reasonable. No doubt get it and youll be happy.
on May 23, 2011
This was my first longboard purchase, and as a starter board I do not regret it at all. It's a solid setup for first-time riders because it it's mellow and fun to ride. It also isn't terribly fast. I would immediately recommend this to anyone who has never longboarded before.

However as someone who is 230lbs I've managed to bottom out the board by getting it to flex so much it hits the sidewalk. Not during normal cruising, though. As long as you know you won't be hippie-jumping over anything you should be fine even if you're kind of on the heavier side.

Wheel bite (where the wheels rub against the board causing the board to stop pretty much instantly) is also an issue when turning too hard but you can still turn around on a regular-sized residential road without issue if you use the entire diameter of the street. However, this is an issue with any longboard of this design and not a flaw of the Atom board.

One thing to note is that the wheels are further out from the center of the deck than they are on a regular skateboard so there is a short learning curve where stepping on the wheel can be a problem.

I give it a four out of five because it was a little flexier than I anticipated but still an awesome longboard for the price.
on April 10, 2012
So i bought this board over a month ago and fell in love with longboarding. It is a great first board, but I had to do some tweaking to get it up to par. First off the wheels needed to be loosened a tad bit. Secondly the board made a funny squeaking noise whenever i turned. After lubing up my trucks, this went away. I went boarding about a half hour or more every day, and the board worked great. It handled hills well, and was long enough for me to learn how to cross step. Only issue with the board is that it is made extremely cheep. A month in, and the board already has a crack running longways on the edge of the board. When riding it feels like it could snap in half at any moment. I would only recommend this board to someone who is buying for the first time and is not sure if they are going to really get into the sport. If you know you will use your longboard a lot, then do not buy this board! I only give it three stars because it was a great starter board for me. I plan on selling this board to upgrade to a more well built board, but I will be spending over twice as much! So once again, great starter board, but feels very cheep and cracks easy!
on November 24, 2011
PROS:
- Great for beginners (me!): if you are wondering if you're able to get into longboarding, this board is for you!;
- Great for some carving and had not any wheel bite so far (again, I'm a beginner so I haven't try that hard! lol);
- Price: for who is starting now and don't want spend lots of money and find out you're not that into longboarding;
- Fast shipping: it got from US to New Zealand in one week (paying for normal postage!).
- Solid wood board.
- Great for cruising.

CONS:
- Bearings, trucks and wheels could be better (but remember, you didn't pay $200 for this set, so you still have plenty of money you saved to upgrade this one with better bearing and wheels);
- 4/5 stars is only because the non slippery on the top of the board already started to come off from the edges of the back of board (not a big deal at all but...).

OVERALL: great board for beginners/first time like me that wants to try longboarding for cruising around town, do some carving and maybe try some easy downhills (but remember: don't go faster than you can run!).

Hope that helps who is between a more expensive board or this one (or is wondering what's wrong with this one compared with a more expensive one).