Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI On-Camera Monitor & Recorder
|Price:||$449.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 1280 x 720 On-Camera Monitor & Recorder || 5" IPS/325 DPI Touchscreen Display || Waveform, Vectorscope, Focus Peaking
- Records 1080p30, 1080i60, 10-Bit, 4:2:2 || ProRes or DNxHD Encoding and Playback
- HDMI Input and Loop-Output || Records to 2.5" HDDs/SSDs
- Cut and Tag Editing Tool || 2x Master Drive Caddies || Canon, Nikon Type Battery Adapters
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
SmallRig Tooless Pan Monitor Holder Mount Arm Anti-Twist for Camera Field Monitors, Friction Up to 180° - 1842
Blackmagic Design Video Assist HDMI/6G-SDI Recorder
Atomos Ninja Flame 7" Monitor Recorder - With Atomos Power Kit
Blackmagic Design Blackmagic Video Assist with HDMI and 6G-SDI Recorder, 5" Monitor - Bundle with 2x Spare LPE-6 Batteries, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Ikan 5" 4K Support HDMI On-Camera Field Monitor with Touch Screen, Black (DH5e)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||SSE Photo & Video||SmallRig||The Gadgets Shop||Kellards||Adorama Camera||Prime Camera|
|Color||black||Monitor Mount 1842||Black||—||—||Black|
The Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI Monitor & Recorder features a 1280 x 720 resolution display with 325 dpi providing a sharp image, in a small monitoring package. It records up to 1080 30p/60i resolution via HDMI to an available HDD or SSD using either Apple's ProRes or Avid's DNxHD codecs. Recording at 10-bit with 4:2:2 color sampling, this unit provides you a monitoring and recording solution in one compact battery powered unit.
The Ninja Blade features an on screen display system that allows you to select the functions you wish to control with a touch of your finger. Select from waveform or vectorscope overlay to view the signals, focus peaking helps you to see what is in focus in your shot.
Blade accepts 2.5" HDDs/SSDs, which are sold separately. This is the full version, which includes a docking station that offloads these drives to your computer via USB 3.0/2.0. You also get a Sony-type NP-F570 battery, a charger, an AC adapter for continuous power, and two master caddies for available HDD/SSD It features two 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holed, one each top and bottom.
* 325DPI, 5" IPS 1280 x 720 capacitive touchscreen monitor/recorder.
* Waveform RGB & luma parade, vectorscope with zoom, and test pattern generator.
* Adjustable gamma, contrast and brightness.
* HDMI input and output.
* Real-time monitoring, playback, playout to a PC or Mac with QuickTime, and edit logging.
* Focus peaking, 0-100% zebra, and two modes of false color monitoring.
* Records 10-bit, 4:2:2 in ProRes or DNxHD.
* S-Log / C-Log recording.
* Trigger REC/STOP from camera (Canon, Sony, ARRI, Panasonic, RED, JVC)
* Timecode from camera.
* 2.5" HDD/SSD media storage.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Easy to set up
- HDMI in
- Different record modes and codecs, which all look great on playback
- Major problems with the unit shutting off randomly. I think it has to do with either heat or static electricity, but it's not durable. I returned one unit that shut off when it overheated, and returned another unit that shut off when it encountered any kind of static.
- Too many dropped frames on my third unit. I'm using a manufacturer recommended SSD on a flat surface in an office setting (no jolts or movements), and this unit drops frames every 2-3 minutes for no reason.
Overall, I can't recommend this unit if you're in a line of work by me where an uninterrupted video recording is a necessity. There's some serious manufacturing issues that prevent this from being a useable product.
It's really made for just converting your output to a ProRes file.