BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on June 25, 2015
Just LATHERED this stuff on a new pair of Thoroughgood work boots using a blow dryer to warm them. Posting this picture to give you an idea of the color change (darker pair on left after one coat of wax). Im confident that this will prevent paint and tar from seeping into the leather, so that I can clean off these types of staining materials off.
review image
0Comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2017
Put these on some crazy horse blundstones. I wasn't expecting it to darken as much as they did, but the new color is fine.

I'm mostly upset that, after having this product on my boots for ~2 weeks, it's creating these horrible 'cracks' where the boots bend from my toes. It also seems like it's scuffing off.
I feel like it didn't condition the boots at all. If anything, they look and feel rougher.

The only upside is that they are waterproof, hence the 2/5.
on January 15, 2017
My dad used this stuff when I was a kid on his boots and my gloves and now that I'm a construction worker as well I've been using it. Worked especiallly well with my all leather red wings and still works well now that I switched to keens with some fabric on the tongue. Also works well in my American outback leather hat and of course gloves even though I rarely wear gloves
on September 17, 2016
This stuff has been around forever. My dad turned me on to it 30 odd years ago and not even the lab,e has changed in that time. It will waterproof about any pores surface but looks and works exceptionally well on leather and canvas.
on December 31, 2012
I put this stuff on an old pair of boots that I've had for about 10 years. The soles are wearing thin and the leather was cracked and drying out, but they were still comfortable. They were still mostly waterproof, but my feet would still get a little wet after a day of walking through the low wet areas that I occasionally hunt. I figured I'd try this out and see if I could get another year out of the leather on these boots, and maybe increase their "waterproofing".

I loaded this stuff heavy all over the leather and hit it with a hair dryer. The wax melted immediately and the light dry leather soaked up the wax quickly, turning the leather much darker and returned life back into the leather. Although the boots are much darker now, they'd look good if they weren't so beat up. Even as beat up and dried out as they were, I expect to get another two or three years out of them now, and I expect the soles will probably be the reason I finally retire them, not the leather.

I just had these out in the woods on a quick two hour hike. Although I haven't put them through a normal day of hunting yet, my hike was on very wet Saturday afternoon, kicking through mud and a couple inches of snow, and crossing a few streams along the way. I intentially stepped in the streams, allowing the water to go about three inches up my boots. At the end of the day, my boots were still completely dry.

The stuff appears to work great, but as others warn, it'll darken the leather considerably.

ETA: Since my review I've worn this boots in some pretty wet environments, walking through 6+ inches of water. The only time my feet have gotten wet is when the water level was higher than my boots. Very happy with this product.
on July 1, 2017
works great. only thing is you have to keep re applying it. it doesn't last if you sweat in the hat. was really looking for something to provide a long-term seal for the kangaroo skin hat
on February 22, 2013
Warning: This will (probably) darken your leather. Be sure to test a small part to make sure you are ok with the results.

Sno-Seal has what it takes to stand up to the harsh Wisconsin winters and copious amounts of road salt, once you know how to use it.

You'll want to make sure to get your leather boots or shoes as clean as possible and give them plenty of time to dry before you start the application process. Don't skip this step!

For the first coat, just gob it on. You can't really add too much, but you can add too little. Take extra care to get a nice thick bead of wax into the seam between the boot and the sole. This is the most important part to cover, as it will most likely be responsible for wet socks.

Next, you'll need to heat the leather. I used a hairdryer on low (be sure to keep it moving so as not to burn the leather). You could also put them in an oven under 200 degrees, though put down some foil to catch the dripping wax and keep the oven door cracked. Once all the wax has been soaked up, rub in another coat and repeat. Keep repeating until the wax doesn't seem to be soaking in as well, and then wipe off the excess.

Afterwords, give it a few hours to fully dry and then you can buff/polish. For a typically midwestern winter, you'll probably have to reapply the snow seal after a few months as road salt can be particularly nasty.
on February 26, 2015
Great stuff. I spend alot of money on a new pair of frye boots and wanted something to keep the leather in good condition during harsh northeastern winters. Spray products are good, but this stuff is better because you can really work it into the seams. It is a wax so you will need to apply with a cloth/ paper towel. I used my finder to lay on a large portion of it and then buffed off excess after it had time to set into the leather. For best results 100% put them in the oven at the lowest temp for about 10 min and only take out the boot you are working on, or put a hairdryer into the top of the boot until the leather is really warm. If the leather is warm it will soak up the wax and give you a more lasting waterproofing.

Verdict: highly recommend. feet have stayed dry all winter and only darkens leather by a very slight amount. boots actually looked better after applying.
on February 9, 2013
bought this initially for ma pair of bean boots to be worn during search and rescue missions. stuff works great.

as far as application:
1. heating by fireplace intially before applcation best.
2.i use a cotton hankerchief for initial application
3. use hair dryer to melt sno seal into seams, bought a $5 hair dryer from goodwill for this purpose, as this is all the hair dryer would be used for.
4. then a second hankerchief to smooth out excess .
5. i then hit it again with the hair dryer after that.
6. repeat step 4.
7. let the boots sit for 2-3 hours minimum at room temp. mine set for more than 36 hours due to a scheduled surgery the next day, but did not affect next stage.
8. after letting the boots sit for the alloted time, hit with the hair dryer again to warm up ther boots.
9. repeat steps 2-6
10. used a rag made from an old cotton t-shirt to polish the boots a bit.
11. let sit for 8 hours to fully cool at room temp.

boots will darken as i have done this on a pair of brown Cat work boots and my wifes Romeos (bean bots were Black, so not a concern) but depending how picky you are about the intial color this is not a prob i think as they look good when they darkened. have not used any polish after application, but was not planning to.
on April 16, 2017
This works great on my clarks beeswax leather shoe, makes it look like out the box new. However I used it on a brown shoe and it turned it very very dark, so I suggest testing it on a small area before using it on the whole item.