BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Sno Seal - 7 oz 2 pack
Size: 7-Ounce|Style Name: Pack of 2|Change

on November 12, 2013
I bought Sno Seal out of the recommendation of my best friend. He used it on a pair of boots he wore and always raved about how amazing the stuff was at waterproofing the leather and keeping his feet dry. Living in Oregon, wet feet in the winter is hard to avoid. I had just accepted this as a price for living where I did.

But I decided to take his advice and use Sno-Seal. And I have to say, I am more than amazed. It is an incredibly effective product. It is super easy to apply. Youll want to get whatever leather you are waterproofing nice and warm ( I used a spaceheater). Then you just keep rubbing the wax into the leather until no more can be absorbed. Thats it.

NOW, there is a huge disclaimer that I feel the bottle doesnt truly give justice. This will drastically change the color of the leather. I have a pair of Clarks that were tan. Sno-Seal turned them a shade of dark brown. I knew this was going to happen after seeing my roommates shoes (the color change was actually half the reason I bought the stuff; it gives incredible depth and character to the leather that is very appealing). IF YOU USE THIS ON LIGHT LEATHER, IT WILL DARKEN IT BY A LARGE MARGIN. Just be aware of that and spot test if you are unsure of it.

But that being said, this stuff works great. Water beads off my boots now and my feet are staying dry in conditions that would otherwise leave me soaked. Great price, easy to apply, and will lengthen the life of your leather products by a huge amount. Couldnt recommend this stuff more!
on February 24, 2017
I gave it a 5 based on the results and the information that was provided with the product. It will waterproof your boots, that is what I have tried so far and is why I bought it. I have an older pair of leather boots that have lost their waterproofing over the years and I have used various products, all of which have worked but basically for one good snow hike. This was recommended to me by another dog musher who is from the upper N.E. and said it was similar to many products back there. It's the real thing. Just simple ingredients that work. The preparation is much more than the easy products but the heating of the boot prior to application seems to be the key. It allows the solution to soak into the leather. I have been out three times after the first application in deep snow and they have stayed waterproof. I am waiting to apply it to the my expensive Gore Tex boots which lost their waterproof quality in the second year. If you are willing to do a little work at application and use a little elbow grease you will have water proof boots. I am hoping for them to stay this way without another application, but if I need to I can. Remember this is a natural product, and it will darken any surface that you apply it to. But it works, that is all I wanted.
on July 24, 2017
This stuff is the best for cleaning leather and protecting it from the elements. It is a hard product to find sometimes though. I was very happy to find it on Amazon though!! If you have anything that is leather, use this product on it and be amazed at how soft and supple it becomes!! Removes dirt, mold and mildew as well.
on July 20, 2017
I have used this product off and on for thirty years and it has never failed (if instructions are followed) and I have already done three pairs of boots and I look forward to walking in wet areas without my boots getting wet to my socks. I will definitely order again when I run out.
on February 8, 2016
This is one of the greatest products of all time!
I ordered a 2 pack because I had several items to do. 3 sets of work boots. Several work gloves. 3 sets of motorcycle gloves. Motorcycle boots and jacket.
I only used half of one.
That is even after sanding down an axe handle and my Opinel knife and waxing them.
I've also waxed my leather handles on my knives.
Only one caveat. After you have cleaned the leather or whatever you are applying wax to, and you are warming it by the fireplace. Don't forget about it. 😜
I highly recommend this and I will buy and use this for the rest of my days.
on November 19, 2016
Have been using mink oil on my leather boots until i got this. This stuff is great it basically puts a layer of wax on your boots or whatever you are using it on. I put a coat of this stuf on then go over it thoroughly with a hair dryer to open the pores in the leather and to melt the wax to allow for absorption.
on October 24, 2014
This stuff is amazing! I have tried several different protectors for leather and this one puts the rest to shame. I did a pair of office shoes to test it, warming it up with a hair dryer, applying a generous amount and heating with a hair dryer again, wiping off anything that didn't soak in completely. After I'd done the entire shoe I put in in the sink and ran water over it and it slid off like it was Teflon! Once it soaked in I thought it might have a smell to it but no, it just smelled like leather. I ended up doing my girlfriend's winter boots and a couple more pairs of my own boots with amazing results. How this stuff is not in every store is Chicago is beyond me. I think they don't want to sell it in boot stores because you won't come back next year and buy more boots after the salt and slush trashes them. As far as I can tell one can will do a dozen pair of boots or more and still have some left for next year!
on November 14, 2016
This product went on fairly easy with only a slight discoloration of my boots. I haven't had a chance yet to test it in the weather but the coating on the boots seems like it would put a good protection against the winter salts. Will update this after first experience in such weather.
on September 25, 2017
I guess it keeps my shoes waterproof, but it just looks like I rubbed weird wax on it. It doesn't absorb well and actually damaged one of my shoes. Not really worth it. I would say save your money and go get them waterproofed from a shoe person.
on January 29, 2016
As you can see from my pictures these are very old redwing boots . Excellent product! This is just one coat and I can't wait to see how good they look after I apply the second coat .
review image review image review image review image