Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Attack Of The Wolf King
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on July 1, 2010
"Attack of the Wolf King" is one of Haste the Days best albums, & one of the best albums of 2010!

Personally I liked Haste The Days 1st 2 albums, "When Everything Falls" was my fav., and didn't like "Pressure The Hinges". I thought "Dreamer" was a better album, but I still didn't like it much. Haste the Day went from being one of my fav. bands, to a a band that I didn't even really like. Well, that has changed! In fact, Haste The Day "Attack of the Wolf King" just may be my new fav. album of theirs! (Although it wasn't when I 1st heard it, it is now).

The music in this album sounds more atmospheric, emotional, & soaring than their previous releases with their new members. (One of their new guitarists is from a band called Phinehas, they're really good, & you can hear his influence in this HTD release). This album also has solos, & shredding, along w/ their breakdowns & choruses. I feel it's an exctiting change to HTD's monotony. You'll hear some higher vocals as well, in part to the new members. In fact only 1 original member remains in HTD for this release.

I would recommend you pick up the standard cd release & skip the special edition w/ the DVD, & save yourself the money. Unless you really want the "Stitches" & "Madman" music videos, & the "Meet Me Halfway" Black Eyed Peas cover song, which you could pick up on iTunes for $1.99/ea. for the videos, & $1 for the track.

Some of my fav tracks are "Travesty", "The place that most deny" (featuring Oh Sleeper's vocalist), "my name is darkness" (tho it's short)
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2010
I had previously listened to American Love and Stitches by Haste the Day, and I enjoyed both songs but I felt like something was missing from those songs which kept me from purchasing their earlier albums.

However, after sampling some of the songs I ultimately purchased Attack of The Wolf King and immediately fell in love with it. The screams and clean vocals of the lead singer are very impressive. The drums and guitar work also go really well in many of the songs.

I recently saw these guys live and they brought it hard. One of my new favorite bands just because of this album.

I would recommend listening to: Dogs Like Vultures, Travesty, and The Place That Most Deny.
on March 16, 2011
I was worried when I heard Devin and Brennan left the band. Giuseppe however did a stellar job. His timing and tight chops maintain the high standard Devin spoiled us fans with. Although differences in "Attack of the Wolf King" can be heard from previous HTD releases, they still maintain the core sound and offer a fresh HTD album. Stephen was a great addition after Jimmy left, and with each release, Stephen has only gotten better. HTD reminded me of As I Lay Dying in that each band had a fantastic album that would be difficult to follow. "Dreamer" is a great album and had a unique production quality that I love. I wasn't sure if "Attack" would live up to the heights of "Dreamer", but it might be a tie. Either way, just to get close means it's got to be a great listen! Sadly, "Attack" will be the last of any new HTD albums. To be able to end a career as strong as they have with "Attack of the Wolf King", is something to be proud of.
on June 29, 2010
Are these guys serious?! I just bought "Dreamer" not that long ago... (great album by the way) I own all of their albums and they seem to not only get better with each release, but also better each time I listen to each album.... but this album is just ridiculous!! Completely unexpected... very heavy, well thought out, great production, etc... I could go on and on but you would be better off enjoying this album instead of reading my ramblings! BUY IT NOW!!
on June 30, 2010
It's typical for many bands to mellow by the time they reach their fourth or fifth album. Haste the Day buck that trend, choosing instead to charge harder and faster forward, challenging themselves and their listeners to keep up with their musical intensity and ability.

Time has worn well for Haste the Day, in spite of the fact that Mike Murphy remains as the one original member. One can easily make the case that Haste the Day have proven themselves to be a fertile staging ground for innovation, with former band members such as Jimmy Ryan and Brennan Chaulk going on to leverage their talents in diverse directions. At their core however, HTD remain sinewy, visceral, aggressive, no-nonsense, focused, motivated, and dedicated to the glory of God. The message remains, without apology or ambiguity.

Imagine the stage God will give his followers in Heaven to praise him, and Haste the Day will be one of the headliners. God bless--your reward awaits...
on October 24, 2013
No matter how hard I try to explain how good the album is. No amount of words can describe it fully. Compared to the other amazing albums this band produced they have continued to get better and better. Instrumentally and vocally.
Fantastic album. It's a shame they called it quits
Long live haste the day!
on April 21, 2013
Haste The Day really got their stuff together on this album. Brilliantly mastered. Much harder style, but mixed with a more overall mellowness than Dreamer. If you like anything by HTD, do yourself a favor, buy it.
on July 10, 2010
I am a huge fan of Haste The Day and so are all my friends because of me playing it out at work. I've seen them live and they are utmost amazing. I first fell in love with Pressure The Hinges. I hadn't heard of them until that point in their career and I don't care much for their older stuff. When Dreamer Released Haste the Day became my #1 favorite band that album was perfect in every way. The emotions put into the vocals blew me away and the vocal ranges between the high screams and the low screams and clean singing as well were phenomenal to say the least. But anyways, with high expectations for their newest release Attack of The Wolf King I was a little disappointed honestly. Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge fan and I do love the album I just feel its lacking that power, energy and emotion that Dreamer had brought me to love about them. The album starts hard and fast which was amazing the first song i was totally feeling it the second song was pretty good too. I got to around the 4th song in and it started sounding like every song was the same and they just blended together like one big song till you get to about the 7th song where it starts sounding different again. The screams are kind of monotone and dont change pitch very often altho still brutal but kinda emotionless. But I do have to say that I've been forcing myself to listen to the whole album again and again till I can enjoy it thoroughly and everytime i listen it seems to get better. Overall still an amazing album but if your a new fan of Haste The Day I'd recommend Dreamer first to show you what this band is really capable of.
on December 21, 2013
I was excited to find out Haste the Day were coming out with a new record. With the release of "attack of the wolf king," I was unaware that Brennan (guitars and clean vocals) had left the band. At first I honestly didn't like the record. Brennans voice was a huge contribution to the bands sound. However, after a few listens this album really grew on me. Stephen (screamer and clean vocals) really stepped it up on this album. Attack of the Wolf King is one of Haste the Day's heaviest records!

This album is a must have to finish off your Haste the Day CD collection!
on September 25, 2010
I've listened to some of Haste The Day's stuff back in the day. I really couldn't get into them that much, however I didn't think they were all that bad. I generally, if we want to stay in the genre/category of music, listen to Underoath, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, and The Devil Wears Prada...so of course I'm going to give Haste The Day, being in the same genre as these 4 bands, the opportunity again to wooooo me...and they did. Being a man of faith, I can tell you there are certain parts of this album, how everything connects from the lyrics, instruments, and the vocals...it just sounds really inspiring and moving. I wouldn't give this album a perfect score, but I'm going to, because who's perfect anyways? So my 5/5 goes towards meeting my expectations. Great job Haste The Day, God bless.