- File Size: 187 KB
- Print Length: 36 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Attic Clown Press (February 6, 2012)
- Publication Date: February 6, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0076EA39G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,761,820 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Attic Clowns: Volume Three Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The three stories in this book aren't about clowns. Sure, they have clown characters, but the clowns could be tongueless dwarfs or aliens or squid-head people. The clowns are there to assure the reader that the ride will most definitely being going off the rails and to drive home the fact that what you see and expect is never what you get.
The stories cover two tales of loss of beloved family members and one tale of creeping paranoid madness. They are sad, funny, insightful, unsettling and energetic. And get this - Shipp knows how to write a sentence that grabs you and holds on for a while. When was the last time that you read a "horror" book and had to pause to admire a particularly deft and well made sentence? When was the last time you came across lines full of antic despair or violent whimsy? Shipp can whipsaw the reader back and forth within a single paragraph and sometimes within a single sentence.
Does it all work? Of course not. But it's never predictable, the pace never lags, the point is never lost, and the author never abandons you. That's good enough for me and elevates this to the level of happy, unexpected find.
(Please note that I found this book a while ago while browsing Amazon Kindle freebies. I have no connection at all to either the author or the publisher of this book.)
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Anthologies
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories