4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Audeze EL-8 Titanium, Over Ear, Closed Back Headphone
- Top Choice Closed-Back Headphones - The clear choice for anyone looking for audiophile and pro-grade sound in a portable, planar magnetic headphone. Innovative design features a near weightless diaphragm, plus patented Uniforce voice-coil technology, Fluxor Magnet Arrays, and Fazor Elements.
- With Lightning Cable for Apple Users - Our 24-bit lightning cable brings a significantly better sound through its built-in amplifier, DAC and DSP that lets you bypass the internal components in your iPhone, iPod or iPad. Also offers a SIRI-compatible microphone for voice calls
- Customize With The Audeze iOS App - Personalize your music playback with a 10-band equalizer that changes EQ in real time, and refine bass levels and tamp down highs on peaky recordings with the exclusive Audeze iOS app.
- By Audeze - From the makers of the elite Audeze LCD 3 and Audeze LCD 2, the award-winning EL-8 planar magnetic headphones offer affordability, stellar design, usability and Audeze's signature sound.
- Made in the USA, Designed With BMW - EL-8 Titanium Magnetic Planar Closed-Back Headphones are designed, engineered and handcrafted in our Southern California factory. Custom aluminum frame, floating headband and closed-back headphone style designed by our strategic partner Designworks, a BMW group subsidiary.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Audeze - EL-8 Titanium Closed-back Planar Magnetic Headphones with Audeze CIPHER lightning cable that has a integrated AMP/DSP/DAC and in-line mic. Pro grade Sound Quality with 24 bit connection Plus Premium Comfort. Made in the USA
Audeze started in 2008 in a garage (of course!) when its founders came across a revolutionary flexible circuit material developed for NASA. Realizing this could be a great advance in planar magnetic technology, they first started to make pro audio PA speakers, but dropped this project and started making headphones – the LCD-1.
Taking this first headphone to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, it was a tremendous hit, and that success launched the company. Hanging on that garage wall was the 2001 Space Odyssey poster, and that inspired the company’s name. The founders wanted a name that had something to do with a “journey through audio,” so Odyssey would be perfect, and that’s how the name Audeze (pronounced “odyssey”) was born.
AUDEZE'S PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY
Audeze headphones employ cutting-edge planar magnetic headphone technology for more accurate, high-quality audiophile sound. Our high-end planar magnetic technology connects you to your favorite artists and musicians as if you were right there at the original event.
- We use space-age materials in a near weightless diaphragm that’s four times larger than typical headphones for fast response times, higher resolution and improved imaging, and dramatically reduced distortion.
- Patented Uniforce voice-coil technology delivers a uniform driving force across the entire diaphragm for near zero distortion.
- Patented Fluxor Magnet Arrays focus the magnetic flux nearly doubling the power driving the diaphragm for even lower distortion and greater accuracy.
- Patented Fazor Elements guide internal headphone soundwaves to avoid resonance, producing a more accurate waveform.
MORE FEATURES OF THE EL-8 TITANIUM HEADPHONES
More on the EL-8 Titanium Headphones
The EL-8 Titanium is designed for Apple users with its integrated Lightning cable. Otherwise, it is identical in performance to the EL8 closed back. The EL-8 is the clear choice for anyone looking for audiophile and pro-grade sound. Users worldwide rave about the quality and clarity of sound in this portable, over-the-ear headphone.
The World’s First 24-bit Lightning Cable for Higher-resolution SoundImmerse yourself in sound with Audeze’s one-of-a-kind CIPHER cable for a significant upgrade to your listening experience. It features an inline system-on-a-chip that drives your music to levels you never dreamed of by bypassing the iPhone’s internal DAC and amplifier and streaming high-resolution audio to our high-quality DAC with DSP for significantly better sound quality. The Cipher cable also features a SIRI-compatible microphone for voice calls.
Engineered and Handcrafted in Audeze's California Factory
The sturdy aluminum frame is built to last a lifetime, the earpads and headband are handcrafted with luxurious faux leather for best sound and maximum comfort. The headband fits everyone and contributes to superb long-term comfort. The EL-8 is made at our Southern California factory and engineered to immerse you in sound.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've owned my EL-8c for about 8 months now, they sound phenominal, i wouldnt trade them for any other headphones, and ive tried plenty. if you want true all-rounders for under $1000, open or closed, these are the headphones for you, they at least in my opinion, beat out amost all the competition in every aspect. but thats not the point of this review.
rather than telling you how they're good, im going to tell you their flaws, and how to avoid having them impact you negatively. there are 2 major flaws in the design that have popped up for me
1) the cable, its crap. if you yank the cable out of the headphones just slightly too hard, your cable can easily break. either then contact "plate" that goes into the headphones could bend significantly (and cant be bent back) or the actual ribon cable can completely rip out of the jack its self. to avoid this proble, i suggest you dont use these as a mobile device and instead secure the cable and avoid things like leaning back too far (the headphones are comfortable, sacrificing stability on your head, they will fall off if you lean too far back.) and when securing the cable, make sure it cant touch the ground (REALLY dont want to run over this cable with your chair, it may only be $30 to replace, but paying that weekly would suck.)basically anything that risks your headphones falling or the cable being snagged can easily put your headphones on the stand for a week while you wait for a new cable...
2) the headband. its really comfortable and has a nice clamping force, not too tight, and not too light either, itl stay on your head as long as you dont lean back more than ~50 degrees or shake your head too much. but the problem with it is that its a 3 part construction. the main part is the thin sheet of metal which covers the whole band, the second part is the strap, and the third is where the cups mount to the band, this connection to the band isnt the strongest and if you flex your headhones too much you can disconnect the main sheet from this third piece, it only took 8 months of me putting on my headphones in a way that I consider normal to almost completely rip the mount from the headband (what i consider normal is stretching the headphones about 1 to 1&1/2 inches from your head when putting them on or off) if it does begin to break you'll hear and quite loud cracking sound when putting on / removing the headphones. to prevent this from happening, i'd suggest sliding the headhpones on your head with minimal flattening of the head band, and putting them on straight down from the top of your head, this stretches the band minimally and in the past 2 weeks ive yet to experience any more damage to the headphones.
The built in CIPHER Lightning cable is a nice convenience as i have an iPhone 7, but the max output when using it is weak. I have done most listening with a TEAC Headphone DSP/AMP and the included analog cable on the headphones.