Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Audeze SINE, On-Ear Headphones, Standard Cable (Li..." and save 33% off the $449.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Audeze SINE, On-Ear Headphones, Standard Cable (Limited time promotional offer)
|Price:||$449.00 & FREE Shipping|
- 2017 RED DOT AWARD WINNER: “Outstanding sound….The materials, workmanship and technical equipment of these headphones guarantee a unique tonal and tactile experience.”
- GREAT AUDIO EVERYWHERE: The lightweight, modern industrial design of the SINE folds flat, so you can easily take it anywhere. The sturdy aluminum frame and comfortable leather earpads deliver great comfort wherever you go.
- SUPERIOR RESOLUTION: Our innovative planar magnetic drivers use NASA material to provide lower distortion, better bass response, and clearer, more accurate sound than any other on-ear headphone.
- DISTINCTIVE STYLE: Designed by our partners at Designworks USA, a BMW group subsidiary, the SINE’s industrial design makes a “stand out in the crowd” statement.
- COMFORTABLE, LONG-TERM LISTENING: Engineered and handcrafted in California, these headphones are built for superb, long-term comfort and deliver an immersive, dynamic music experience.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Audeze SINE On-Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones With Exclusive Technology For Optimum Accuracy & Sound Quality - Durable Leather & Aluminum Construction, Designed for Maximum Comfort - Made in USA
Audeze started in 2008 in a garage (of course!) when its founders came across a revolutionary flexible circuit material developed for NASA. Realizing this could be a great advance in planar magnetic technology, they first started to make pro audio PA speakers, but dropped this project and started making headphones – the LCD-1.
Taking this first headphone to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, it was a tremendous hit, and that success launched the company. Hanging on that garage wall was the 2001 Space Odyssey poster, and that inspired the company’s name. The founders wanted a name that had something to do with a “journey through audio,” so Odyssey would be perfect, and that’s how the name Audeze (pronounced “odyssey”) was born.
AUDEZE'S PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY
Audeze headphones employ cutting-edge planar magnetic headphone technology for more accurate, high-quality audiophile sound. Our high-end planar magnetic technology connects you to your favorite artists and musicians as if you were right there at the original event.
- We use space-age materials in a near weightless diaphragm that’s four times larger than typical headphones for fast response times, higher resolution and improved imaging, and dramatically reduced distortion.
- Patented Uniforce voice-coil technology delivers a uniform driving force across the entire diaphragm for near zero distortion.
- Patented Fluxor Magnet Arrays focus the magnetic flux nearly doubling the power driving the diaphragm for even lower distortion and greater accuracy.
- Patented Fazor Elements guide internal headphone soundwaves to avoid resonance, producing a more accurate waveform.
FEATURES OF THE SINE SERIES
More on the SINE Headphones
The SINE headphone is the next step up for many conventional headphone users. As the world’s first planar magnetic on-ear headphones, they offer better transient response (so the attack of the snare, kick drums, and acoustic instruments sound more realistic). Having a driver that’s at least 3x larger than other brands means much better bass response.
Cutting-edge industrial design by BMW’s i8 team
Our strategic partner Designworks, a BMW group subsidiary, provided the industrial design for the SINE. Audeze combines their cutting-edge designs with our own advanced planar magnetic technologies to create an astonishingly accurate sounding headphone with a custom aluminum frame and unique floating headband to provide maximum comfort over long listening sessions.
Engineered and Handcrafted in Audeze's California Factory
The SINE is a blend of striking modern industrial design, top-quality build, and our superior planar magnetic technology. It’s lightweight, folds flat for easy travel, and is available with our optional CIPHER Lightning cable for Apple iPhones and other iOS devices.
Compare with similar items
HIFIMAN HE-400I Over Ear Full-size Planar Magnetic Headphones
Etymotic Research ER4P-T microPro Precision Matched In-Ear Earphones
Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone - Gunmetal
Beyerdynamic T51i Portable Headphones, Silver/Black
Audeze LCD-XC Over Ear | Closed Back Headphone | Bubinga wood cups
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Adorama Camera||jerimac LLC||GRAMOPHONE||GRAMOPHONE||avSoundz||WORLD WIDE STEREO|
|Color||Black, Black||Black||Black||Gunmetal||Silver||Bubinga wood|
|Item Dimensions||31.5 x 7.87 x 15.75 in||7 x 8 x 4.5 in||2.06 x 6.62 x 5.62 in||8.86 x 9.76 x 3.66 in||2.7 x 7.8 x 8.3 in||13 x 13 x 8 in|
|Item Weight||0.66 lb||0.82 lb||0.66 lb||3 lbs||7.41 ounces||7 lbs|
|Additional Features||stereo, lightweight||lightweight||lightweight||tangle-free-cord||ios-phone-control||Planar Magnetic Headphones|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Hence my comments on the SINE headphones. I purchased here through Amazon (I love Amazon Prime). In a word, one of the best audio purchases I have made. Disclosure - I am already a fan of Audeze, owning a few of their other headphones...I believe Audeze are building some of the best, most naturally sounding, harmonically right cans available today. There is a super fine line between transparency and spotlit/edgy/analytical, between real foundational tight fast bass and boom boom boom smear the midrange bass, between musical warmth and B O R I N G homogenous sound. The list goes on. The SINE is on the right sight of all these fine lines. How do I know? I get lost in the music and don't think about it. My leg and toes are tapping. And, there are moments when a high hat or fingers plucking a bass startle me with realism.
All this in a closed back headphone with a small footprint. I need to compare these to my Audeze LCD-XC closed back headphones. I think from memory, the bigger drivers in those create a bigger slightly more dynamic soundstage, but they also aren't portable and as light as the SINE headphones. Caveat, I have only burned in these SINE headphones for about 72 hours so they may have more to give that I am not hearing now.
Dear CEO of Audeze, please give your engineering and designer folks a raise. Hey, it's Christmas time, give them a nice holiday bonus for nailing it and pushing the edge of the envelop in new meaningful ways. While you're at it, give yourself a raise for creating a company and environment that is obviously firing on all cylinders.
Some other thoughts...
- Build quality (craftsmanship, materials, manufacturing, etc.) are way way way way way way above the price point they cost me. I would have thought these were $1,500 headphones unpacking them. Fortunately the sound quality matches the physical quality.
- I like the way the cable plugs in -- secure and stealthy fit. Am curious if aftermarket cables (eg, Cardas) will be available.
- I read some reviews where folks said these can be less comfortable since they are on ear. I have little ears so they fit primarily over my ears, creating a nice vacuum closure.
- Lightning cable with Audeze app (with equalizer) is a nice addition...can customize to your ear anatomy and preferences, maybe even boosting upper mids as some say the rock solid bass can detract from the mids. I don't find that to be case, but on some tunes, adjusting the EQ can help compensation for the way the recording was engineered.
- I find running the stock cable into the Audioquest Red Dragonfly is IDEAL. This combination was a revelatory experience. One where I thought (listening to King Curtis through Tidal) that it is a primo time to be an audiophile/music lover. For a little more than $400 for the SINE, and another $200 for the Dragonfly and some monthly green on Tidal, I have a portable audio rig more capable than anything a few years in this space, and which competes (sound quality) with a home audio system that would cost $10,000+. Amazing. Makes me wonder why I have so much other gear.
- The most compelling thing I can conclude about the SINE headphones is they are truly high end and musical. Toe tapping enjoyable. This product has what I would say is "gestalt"....all the things come together to make it truly compelling and enjoyable.
1. People with Cauliflower Ear caused from years of wrestling and having their ears dragged across the mat until all of the nerve endings are destroyed.
2. People who own a 3d printer and can create adapters so that they can fit $25 earpad replacements that can be worn for more than an hour. Think I'm joking? Search for "Audeze Sine ear pad adapter" on Thingiverse and note the number of times this recipe has been downloaded: 150+ times as of 6/8/2017.
3. BDSM crowd with aural pain fetish.
Why they couldn't include more comfortable pads, or at least make some available is beyond me. I've seen various threads showing that some people have success getting HM5 or MSR7 ear pad replacements to fit on but this has not been my experience. However, I have both of these ear pad replacements and they were extremely loose fitting and ruined the sound.
I'll give it a star for the decent sound and build quality. Offer some pads that are meant to fit these cans without ruining the sound much, I might buy them again.
After getting through the original failure to get the right headphones that I ordered (which took more than a week to resolve), I have been using these with the CIPHER cable. Talk about a totally different experience. The headphones go from sounding thin and harsh with less than average bass, to an alive and exciting headphone that makes a lot of music fun. Yes, it's that dramatic of a difference. The available audeze eq app that can adjust the integrated dac/amp is a nice addition, allowing for minor adjustments to get it exactly how you like.
I also tested these with a standard cable through some other DAC/AMP setups. While the headphones sound better than running straight to a phone or laptop, the best results for me were with an amp that had a bass boost. Specifically, the OPPO HA-2 that I have worked really well in this situation. If having full bass isn't a priority for you, the DAC/AMP setup still gives these cans much needed power and presence.
I'm going to stick with the CIPHER setup. It sounds great, has ample power and volume, and provides a great listening experience.
I ordered the headphones with the CIPHER cable. Amazon/Audeze sent me the cheaper ones with a standard cable. As such:
1: this doesn't work on an iPhone 7.
2: when using these with a standard cable into another mobile device they don't sound very good, and don't get very loud. (This is why I ordered the other ones).
3: I am now stuck waiting for these to be returned, and then to get new ones (even though I paid extra to overnight these first ones to use on a project). Awesome.
These headphones without an external amp/dac setup are nothing special. Totally not worth the $$. Maybe, if the correct ones show up, I'll give them more stars
Most recent customer reviews
The Sine checks all the boxes.Read more
Better when used with cipher cable.
ios software is buggy, it's equalizer is not working as expected, probably they will fix it soon.Read more