Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Audeze LCD-XC Over Ear | Closed Back Headphone | B..." and save 27% off the $1,799.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Audeze LCD-XC Over Ear | Closed Back Headphone | Bubinga wood cups
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BEST CLOSED-BACK HEADPHONES - Your favorite music erupts from a silent background taking on a life of its own. The sense of space is enormous, the midrange and high frequencies offer fantastic detail. Get the benefits of planar magnetic headphones with increased isolation and greatly reduced ambient noise with this closed-back design.
- PLANAR MAGNETIC HEADPHONES - The LCD-XC headphones let you experience clear and accurate sound thanks to a near weightless diaphragm, plus you get the benefits of our Fazor Elements (Sound wave guides) for more realistic imaging and phase response.
- AUDEZE QUALITY SOUND - The LCD-XC planar magnetic headphones accurately reveal everything on the recording with a dynamic, nimble, neutral and transparent quality. Meet the ultimate tool for recording engineers, musicians and audiophiles alike.
- DESIGNED AND MADE IN THE USA - Using the finest, most luxurious materials like African Bubinga wood, combined with cutting-edge planar magnetic headphone technology, LCD-XC headphones are thoroughly engineered and meticulously hand-built at our facility in Southern California.
- WITH PORTABLE DEVICES OR AMPS - Audeze LCD-XC headphones will play on portable devices but sound best driven by a high-quality headphones amplifier like our King Headphone Amplifier
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Audeze LCD-XC, BL, BB, TC Bubinga Planar Magnetic Headphones - Closed-Back Headphones - Sound Engineer, Musician or Audiophile Headphones - Hand-Built, Headphones Made in USA
Audeze started in 2008 in a garage (of course!) when its founders came across a revolutionary flexible circuit material developed for NASA. Realizing this could be a great advance in planar magnetic technology, they first started to make pro audio PA speakers, but dropped this project and started making headphones – the LCD-1.
Taking this first headphone to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, it was a tremendous hit, and that success launched the company. Hanging on that garage wall was the 2001 Space Odyssey poster, and that inspired the company’s name. The founders wanted a name that had something to do with a “journey through audio,” so Odyssey would be perfect, and that’s how the name Audeze (pronounced “odyssey”) was born.
AUDEZE'S PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY
Acoustically engineered for accuracy
Audeze’s innovative planar magnetic technology delivers clear and accurate sound that reveals everything on the recording.
Diaphragms thinner than a human hair
We use space-age materials in an ultra thin diaphragm four times larger than typical headphones for fast response times, dramatically reduced distortion, higher resolution and improved imaging.
Near zero distortion
Double-sided magnet arrays delivers a uniform driving force across the entire diaphragm for near zero distortion.
Fluxor Magnet Arrays
Patented Fluxor Magnet Arrays focus the magnetic flux nearly doubling the power driving the diaphragm for even lower distortion and greater accuracy.
Patented Fazor Elements guide internal headphone soundwaves to avoid resonance for a more accurate waveform.
More on the LCD-XC Headphones
The LCD-XC Headphones
The LCD-XC is incredibly dynamic, neutral, and transparent - accurately revealing everything on your recordings. It has quickly become the ultimate tool for recording engineers, musicians, and audiophiles for its clean, accurate sound. The sense of space is enormous, and the midrange and high frequencies offer fantastic detail so you can hear further into the recording with more air and separation between instruments. The LCD-XC is the closed-back version of the X for noisy environments.
Industrial Design by AudezeYou’ll be proud of how the LCD-XC looks and sounds; it’s imbued with sophisticated looks and beautiful earcups that are manufactured at our facility. The quality of the entire structure provides years of trouble-free listening. Our cutting-edge designs and circuit technologies have created a breathtakingly beautiful sounding headphone.
Engineered and Handcrafted in Audeze's California Factory
The LCD-XC headphone is thoroughly engineered and meticulously hand-built using the finest, most luxurious materials combined with cutting-edge planar magnetic technology. We closely match the transducers, then match the gorgeous equatorial African Bubinga wood earcups. Bubinga is not listed in the CITES Appendices or on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. We match earpads by leather texture and color. Choose real lambskin leather or microsuede headbands. The earpads are filled with carefully chosen acoustical foam. You can pair the LCD-XC with portable devices but it sounds best driven by a quality amplifier like our King Headphone Amplifier for best results.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Absolutely incredible. The build quality is truly superb. These headphones are built to last. Their sound is buttery smooth. Incredible low-end and sub bass. The imaging is fantastic. Treble has sparkle but without semblance. The mids are recessed but by no means lacking.
The head band. These headphones are relatively heavy. Which is fine but the headband's weight distribution is poor. And considering the weight, the padding is minimal.
All together I have to rate it 5 stars.