Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Audeze Mobius Premium 3D Gaming Headset with Surround Sound, Head Tracking and Bluetooth. Over-Ear Gaming Headphones for PCs, Playstation 4 and Others.
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear|
|Item Weight||0.05 Kilograms|
|Control Type||Volume Control|
About this item
- The first premium high-end, fully immersive 3D gaming headphones designed for high-end PC gaming. With head tracking by WAVES Nx technology, Mobius also works with PlayStation 4 and Xbox. All processing is in the headphones, so latency is negligible.
- Fully integrated surround sound functionality - Mobius produces the same awe-inspiring cinematic experience you would find in a theatre. Mobius looks just like a 5.1/7.1 sound card to your computer.
- 3 ways to connect - Switch from USB to wireless, featuring Bluetooth, AAC, & LDAC. And with the new LDAC technology, you get three times the data bandwidth as other Bluetooth headphones for superior audio. Finally, high-rez audio over Bluetooth!
- Crystal-clear voice calls - Mobius comes with a flexible/detachable boom microphone with built-in noise attenuation, mute/unmute functionality, and independent volume controls to provide exceptional voice quality. Discord Certified.
- Comfortable - Mobius's comfort is enhanced by the inclusion of replaceable, contoured memory foam ear pads and an adjustable, durable memory foam padded headband.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
With Mobius, you just don’t play a game, you’ll live it. With fully-integrated WAVES Nx surround sound functionality, Mobius produces the same awe-inspiring cinematic experience you would find in a theatre. Immerse yourself in your favorite movie. Unplug and listen to music, binge watch Netflix, or re-watch Game of Thrones. Connect to your PCs, game consoles, and mobile devices by USB-C, Bluetooth, or analog (cables included). Boom mic (removable) is also included, and will work with communications like Twitch as well as your phone calls.
“The Audeze Mobius isone of the most exciting headphones we’ve come across and nothing short of a game-changer. It has phenomenal sound - that much is expected - but what I didn’t expect was just how fantastic its built-in surround sound could be. Even calling it that is reductive. This is more than just surround sound. Mobius is VR for your ears.” Review from MMORPG.org:
“I tried the Audeze Mobius headphones with "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Mobius quickly proved their worth once enemies started intruding into my comfort zone. I found myself inside a building when I heard the unmistakable hum of a car getting closer and closer behind me. I turned back and I pointed at the source of the sound that was coming from outside the house. Then I tracked the sound as it moved. The real test for the Mobius was whether I was tracking that sound accurately. I followed the sound of the car through the building walls when it crossed a window and I could finally see the car. It was proof that I was hearing exactly where the car was located from the moment I first heard it.” Review from Business Insider
"If you can get past the the cost, the Audeze Mobius are superb gaming headphones. Sound quality is some of the best you’ll find in gaming headphones and the Mobius are incredibly versatile thanks to the multitude of connection options. The Audeze Mobius are more than just gaming headphones to keep at your desk. They’re everything headphones to bring with you into the world too." Review from IGN.
High-End PC Gaming. Discord certified!
Mobius gives you the most realistic listening experience due to our Planar Magnetic drivers and the 3D surround sound – you’ll easily hear characters before you can see them! For PlayStation, you’ll use the USB connection, and for Xbox, you’ll use the analog cable (with some feature limitations). Control keyboard commands with your head movements via our key-binding features. For example, you could program a “head-up” move to peek around a corner or bring up the map in PUBG.
Watch movies in 5.1 from your laptop or tablet
Using the USB cable, watch movies in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. You can turn the head-tracking feature on/off to your preference and, using our app (PC & Mac) set your very own HTRFs for the best sound, specifically for your ears.
High resolution audio via Bluetooth
With the new LDAC codec, you get 3x the data rate! Perhaps more importantly, LDAC does not change the sample rate before compression like all other systems. This means your 96kHz or 192kHz files are not down-sampled to 44.1kHz. And LDAC is available on virtually all Android phones/tablets.
Customize the audio to your own ears and have your head movements control your games!
With Audeze’s HQ application (Windows or Mac) you can input your specific head measurements to get the most exact audio. Measure your own intra-aural and head circumference distances and add the room ambience. Additionally, you can use key-binding to allow your head movements with Mobius control some aspects of your games (depending upon the game, of course). For example, while playing PUBG, you can tilt your head up to see the game map. Or move your head to the left to peek around corners or bring up a barrier.
Audeze's Planar Magnetic Technology
Audeze’s innovative technology delivers incredibly clear, accurate sound that reveals everything on the recordings. We use space-age materials in an ultra-thin diaphragm four times larger than typical headphones for fast response, dramatically reduced distortion, higher resolution, and improved imaging.
WAVES Nx surround sound technology with Mobius
Waves is a world-leading developer of audio DSP technologies and featured on many hit records, major motion pictures, and popular video games throughout the world. A recipient of a Technical GRAMMY award, Waves is acclaimed by many top professional users worldwide. More than 400,000 recording studios, mixing and mastering facilities use Waves' portfolio of cutting edge technologies on a daily basis to create top-selling music, movies, and games. Waves' professional technologies, 25 years of expertise, and passion for sound are now utilized for premium audio experiences on consumer electronics devices.
Audeze started in 2008 in a garage (of course!) when its founders came across a revolutionary flexible circuit material developed for NASA. Realizing this could be a great advance in planar magnetic technology, they first started to make pro audio PA speakers, but switched direction and started making headphones – the LCD-1.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Aside from the quality control issues I ran into, these are excellent headphones. Bluetooth sounds amazing. PC gaming with 3D 7.1 surround sound on an ultrawide monitor is really an experience. The controls on the headphones are complicated, but they are really nice to have once you get used to them. Being able to pause music and change tracks without touching my phone really adds a lot to the experience.
This particular color (the carbon Amazon exclusive) comes with the latest firmware, which means:
The mic is functional
The headset settings persist when powered off
You get the "warm" EQ setting
Keep this update in mind when reading other reviews, as these were major issues when this set first came out.
There are a few drawbacks that are worth mentioning:
1) You can't leave the headset on and plugged into your computer all the time. If you are expecting this to be like a normal gaming headset where you just turn the computer on and go, you will be disappointed. If I leave the headset on and put my computer to sleep, the headset will be dead the next day when I try to use it. I still have to charge it some before I can turn it on, even though using it on a PC will charge it while in use. It's a pain, but I've gotten used to it.
2) If you blow into the mic on accident, your friends will hate you. Supposedly Audeze is going to send out pop filters which should help with this.
3) The USB C port is in an awkward spot such that you can sort of see the cable sticking out when plugged in.
4) The head tracking center drifts if you keep your head turned for too long. For example, I use an ultrawide and I have to turn my head a bit to look at menus that appear in the top left part of my screen. If I hold my head there for 30-60 seconds or so, the center of the head tracking will drift a bit and then when I move my head back to where I am facing the center of the screen, the sound is no longer centered. You can either wait for it to drift back, manually recenter it, or mitigate it using 3D auto, but it's a little annoying when it happens.
5) Sometimes the headphones stop autoconnecting to your phone via Bluetooth and you have to re-pair them or manually connect every time. This is uncommon and has not happened yet with my most recent pair
6) The headset autoconnects to my phone even when I am using it wired to my PC, so I don't get notification sounds from my phone until I turn the headset off, change to Bluetooth on the headset, or turn off Bluetooth on my phone.
7) It's heavy. My head hurts a little where the band sits after long sessions.
8) some of the EQ settings are off center, one side is noticeably louder than the other even when other EQ settings are centered correctly.
The theme here is that the firmware for this headset is very bad. It tries to do way too many things at once. With that said, the sound experience is so good that I personally don't mind dealing with any of this stuff, but it is by no means a plug and play gaming headset like most others
I've never felt so immersed in a video game since buying these bad boys. I cant describe it, but the sound feels like it's coming from around you, not pumping directly into your ears like most headphones.
This is the sound inhale been missing. I normally suck at FPS games, but with these headphones, I hear enemies better than ever. It's such a great experience.
Top reviews from other countries
When the 3D function in enabled even if there is no aux connected or BT is being used there is a mild ‘static’ sound and it’s a little irritating. Also, with 3D enabled, when I removed the aux cable from the Xbox controller there was quite bad popping sounds, like feedback. I can even hear mild feedback when I touched the aux cable end.
The volume and chat wheel are not easy to move up and down due to the design. In fact, I find it’s quite difficult to adjust both wheels without accidentally pressing them in.
After trying this headset. I believe that music playback from my phone is very good, not sure whether it could be considered better than the Sony WH-1000XM3 which I own. I have tried numerous Xbox games and I really cannot tell much difference compared to my Corsair HS35 especially when the volume is turned up on the Corsair.
The clamping force is fairly string whereas the Corsair is not. The fake leather ear cups on the Mobius will probably make my ears sweat after long gaming sessions but the fabric cups on the Corsair do not.
I shall be returning the headset to Amazon.
These are the best 'gaming' headphones I've tried, as to be expected from Audeze but they are far from the best headphones I have tried or own. The convenience of having an attached microphone, in a lag free bluetooth package outweights the alternative stereo headphones + standalone mic solution.
The sound in high res stereo mode is clear, punchy and enjoyable to listen to with an exceptionally wide sound stage for a closed pair of headphones. Bass is well presented but not overbearing and boomy as most gaming headphones are and highs are dynamic and fun without being harsh like the MMX300's. These are some of the most enjoyable headphones I've listened to, for both music and gaming. These are not £700 off my daily T5p's in sound quality as the price difference would suggest.
While attractive from a marketing sense, the virtual surround is something best leff off, creating a muddy sound that masks what it's trying to acheive. For gaming I leave these in stereo and so does my partner. The 3d head tracking is actually considerable fun, giving the impression of being able to 'explore' the music, but something irrelevant for gaming.
I am possibly spoilt by headphone comfort, owning some particularly high end products worth considerably more than these so please take my view as purely subjective. These are not a good fit for me - the headband digs into my head, leaving it seriously sore after no more than 20 minutes. However my partner finds them extremely comfortable for extended periods and prefers them to ligther headphones that I find extremely comfy.
I'm slightly surprised that most reviews praise the build quality of these. Perhaps compared to other gaming headsets they can be considered well built but amongst lesser priced non-gaming headphones these sit out like a sore thumb. For the price tag I would except better, especially from a company like Audeze. With an all plastic construction, while weighty, they feel flimsy in my hands and have developed an unpleasant creak on both sides when moving the earcups even slightly. I appreciate that they are trying to pack high end audio into an affordable gaming package, but I would have expected a more premium touch for the price.
From a pure gaming perspective I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend trying these. If you find them comfortable you are getting a fantastic sound in a portable, optionally wireless, package that can be used with your computer, console, phone or even home theatre system. For those a bit more finnicky about quality or comfort I would suggest a lesser priced, but higher quality (think DT770s) pair of stereo headphones and a standalone mic (standing or modmic).
Upon research, I found that some hear the hiss and some don't so you may not be affected but for those of us with sensative hearing it is a game stopper.