Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Color: Silver|Style: AT-LP120-USB Turntable|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,090 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,278 reviews
on October 6, 2016
OK...I don't normally write many reviews. But I felt compelled to write about this turntable. First of all, I will start out by saying I grew up with TT's most of my life. I did have a pair of Technics 1200s way back in the day and worked in every Dance club within a 50 mile radius at one time as well. Then as I got older and the digital world caught on...I won't say I lost my passion for vinyl...but did find myself amused by CD technology and was hooked. And like many other people my age, the crates of vinyl got stored and rarely played. I had also gotten married and no longer worked in the club scene, so I sold the 1200's. And opted for a single Direct drive Auto Technics Turntable just to always have one available. But it only got turned on a few times in many years. Well, recently while going through some old keepsake items, I kept looking at those old crates of records and caught a new vinyl bug. Little did I know...I was already behind the 8 ball and Vinyl has been all the rage. So I began playing the records again. But that old Technics unit had sit so long...it just wasn't working right. So the search was on and I ran into this one. Read all the rave reviews about it and for the money, felt it was a good deal. Besides the fact that it looks almost identical to my old 1200's...so it was a no brainer. I'm not going to be Djing with it but I already knew my way around it. It came delivered in perfect shape. I did an extensive set up on it. Plugged it in and gave it a whirl.
Well...It tracks great and is a very heavy duty build quality. I did pick up an extra stylus head and opted for an Audio Technica AT440MLB cart and now this thing really sounds good. The AT95E that now comes stock is pretty good as well but it has it's drawbacks. First off, this TT has a built in Pre amp and usb port. It comes with Audacity software to load onto your computer so you can just plug the unit into your computer and archive all your vinyl to MP3, etc. But it is a known fact on these Turntables, this built in Pre amp, even when not in use tends to darken or muddy up the overall sound or your records. Many people have pulled the pre amp out and experienced a much brighter sound. Many youtube vids showing this done. I plan on keeping mine stock just in case I ever want to archive all my vinyl one day..and have worked around the whole "Muddy, Dark" sound issue with the use of the AT440MLB cart and a little ol thing called an EQ. Yes...an EQ does wonders on any analog type equipment. A little EQ adjustment for Vinyl...store the setting in one of the six pre sets on the Technics EQ and all done.
All in all...if your looking for an audiophile turntable...keep looking. There are great ones out there. But your going to spend double the price just to get in the ballpark. Not including the cart. But if you just want to play your records with a quality unit that will sound great, not tear up your records and looks fantastic I highly recommend this unit. Of course though...the set up is crucial and very important. They make this unit in Silver and Black and I wore myself out trying to decide which one to get. But I finally opted for the Black one and so glad I did. It is a High Gloss Black and looks fantastic. Very classy looking.
I gave it four stars because I did have to make a cart change to get the audio quality I was looking for. But in all fairness, that is a personal thing and you may find the one that comes with it is perfect for you. Pick one up and try it out, everyone should have at least one Turntable !
44 comments| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2015
This turntable was an upgrade from an Audio-Technica AT-LP 60. I have been listening to my vinyl more and more lately and, while there wasn't anything wrong with my old turntable, I just kept thinking/feeling that I wasn't getting the best sound from it so I started looking around for an upgrade. I looked at offerings from Pro-Ject, U Turn and others... with most of those I would have ended up spending more for the turntable and then also have to purchase an amp to place between my turntable and my receiver (which doesn't have a Phono input).

I realize that many "audiophiles" aren't crazy about this turntable because of the built-in phono amp. I'm not one of those guys who sits around in a smoking jacket sipping brandy... analyzing the sound quality of my music. I am a guy who's listened to music all his life, loves great music and a great, big sound coming out of his speakers. This turntable delivers like Domino's for me and my needs. From a build-quality perspective it's definitely a step up from my old turntable. It is heavy (there is a large metal weight bolted inside the bottom of the chassis (I found this out by watching a couple youtube videos). Even though the chassis is plastic on the outside, the weight and feel of the switches/controls feels really good. Everything from the power switch to the start/stop button to the cueing lever feels like good quality to me. The hinged cover opens with a good, solid feel and stays put in the open position. There are a lot of features here that I'll probably never use... not a DJ so I don't know that I really need to change the pitch of my music or play a record backwards. If you're interested in doing any of these things they're here for you. I do really like the pop-up light tho. It keeps me from having to turn on brighter lights to line the stylus up with the beginning of the record.

I did spend a bit more to get the black version, but I'm happy with the way it looks with all the rest of my other components which happen to be black. If you are interested in upgrading components you can always get a higher-quality cartridge/stylus. I don't hate the one it came with which is the Audio-Technica AT95E (the green one). Apparently this turntable used to come with a lesser-quality cart that was white.

One last thing, and it's a very important note. My old Audio-Technica turntable's cover got scratched up really bad during a move. I contacted Audio-Technica support to ask about ordering a new cover. I fully expected the cover to cost a crazy amount of money and for it to be such a huge pain in the ass that I'd just say the heck with it. I contacted their tech support and got a reply from someone within 24 hours. He was incredibly helpful and told me the part number I needed and the price. I was impressed with how nice and helpful he was as well as the fact that they weren't gouging me for the replacement cover (I think it was around $20). I called him back and ordered the replacement, shipping was a very reasonable $4 and it was on my doorstep within 3 days. I was surprised and impressed with the service I got... something I don't think most people can say very often.
44 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2016
Not my old Technics SL-1200MK2 (I wish I never trusted them to my so called friend), but a really good second if you are not interested in dropping major coin. It has been years since I was robbed of my beloved MK2s, so I do not have in depth recollection of their awesomeness, but the LP120s have all of the bells and whistles that I remember. I am sure there is some quality differences and the tone arm is porable not as good. But I cannot tell the difference now. The LP120 works and sounds great. I am not using the USB so no comment on the A2D converter.
on May 23, 2017
Bought this as a replacement when my old, 30 years worth, turntable died, and have used it to convert my LPs to MP3s. It has performed flawlessly, right out of the box, as I would expect, given the price. It lacks auto-return at the end of the record, but that's OK with me, since that feature makes use of complicated mechanical connections that can go wrong. Hope I can get another 30 years out of this turntable.
on December 3, 2016
Let me start by saying this. If you're searching for a good middle-of-the-road starter Table, this is it. I have never owned a professional turntable, but this is leagues above those Crosley's and all-in-one's you can get at department stores. This is an Audiophile-worthy table, for sure. Has all the features you'll need, totally manual. Sounds great with the included AT-95E Cart, and despite the VERY short hardwired RCA ouput cables, this is a stellar and wonderfully designed table! Sounds great, looks great, and it's under $300! Couldn't get no better than that! This also makes great recordings of your records if you're into that!
on February 11, 2014
I was on the fence about this one. I scoured over product pages for turntables for days. I don't know much about them, to be honest. My last experience with one was back in the 80's and that one was fairly cheap. I wanted something higher end that would also look nice in the living room. Sleek and modern but not a huge case or tons of controls. I settled on this one. It has a higher price point but I decided to take a chance. Do not regret that decision at all. This is a beautiful piece of hardware. It is heavier than you would think, so bear that in mind, but it is substantial and elegant. It my be a bit overkill for a home system, but it's worth it. Sound is great and it's like having a piece of art you can play with.
on January 28, 2017
This turntable is amazing! I bought this about 9 months ago, and it is a machine that never gets old. It is easy to use once you get in the swing of things, and sounds fantastic on my sound system. The only downside is the internal preamp. The problem is that the preamp seriously limits the capabilities of this turntable! It creates a weird digital sound when switched on, and even when off you can tell that it is there (according to many people). Luckily this turntable is built pretty simply, so removing the preamp should be a breeze! This is also a great turntable to hotrod into the perfect machine. I highly recommend getting the heavy audio technica counterweight as the stick weight has to be set very far from the pivot point. The heavier weight makes for better tracking. Also after 9 months of fairly constant use, I am starting to get the urge to upgrade my cartridge. While AT makes a good beginner cartridge, I know that this turntable can produce better sound. For those reasons I'm knocking off one star, but do not despair this is a great product!!
on January 14, 2014
I am new to vinyl. I remember playing with my parent's as a kid and was fascinated with it. Now I am 25 and a lot of my favorite albums can be found on vinyl with a free digital download. Its on my iPod and on vinyl! I researched the entry level ones and found that the automatic turntables did not have a counterweight and skate-free feature. This is not a big deal if you plan on burning up vinyl. I decided to pay a little more for a turntable that allows me to take better care of my vinyl.

Out of the box it came together easily, very intuitive. In fact I only looked at the directions when I was adjusting the counterweight, which is also easy. The feet under the turntable have a thick rubber pad between the table and the bottom of the feet to absorb shock. A very nice touch and it works very nicely.

I plugged it all into my Bose computer speakers and it sounds great! I plan on buying bigger speakers to use exclusively with the turntable but the ones I have do the trick. The RCA cables are nice but I would like to be able to replace them down the road, which will be a challenge as they are fixed and not replaceable.

I suggest this to anyone who wants to listen to vinyl. I am not an arrogant "audiophile," just a guy who appreciates all kinds of music. It is about $100 more than the LP-60, but this is worth it. There is also a USB and software to record music onto your computer.
on May 30, 2016
I recently came into a collection of records, and I needed a turntable for 33, 45, and 78s. I shopped for awhile, and came to the conclusion that, considering band for the buck, this was my best option. I have not been disappointed. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I enjoy quality and love my music.
There is a little bit of a setup. There are some calibrations, including balancing the tone arm. The instructions that come with it are 95% clear. There was a little bit of ambiguity on the attachment of the counterbalance, but a little bit of trial and error made it apparent after awhile. You will notice immediately, after unboxing, that Audio Technica is serious about the quality. It is HEAVY! Not so heavy for the average Joe to pickup. It's heavy compared to your big box retailer brands (Crosley, Ion, Jensen, etc...). Everything goes together like it was meant to be that way.
The included cartridge is great for playing my 45s and 33s. However, I'm having to purchase a separate one for my 78s. I don't fault A.T. for not including it, but it would be nice since it does play 78s and the included cartridge in not appropriate for that size. I'm sure they could and just jack up the price. I would also like to have a more powerful integrated phono amp. Again though, that would just jack up the price.
I've never owned a turntable before, and I truly enjoy this one. It's a great experience setting the record down on the mat, turning on the power, seeing the strobo light come on, starting the motor, cueing the stylus, and dropping the tone arm. A.T. found a great balance of quality, features, price.
on May 4, 2017
great turn table, solid, easy to set up and it sounds great. Customer service is also great, I had an issue where one speaker was fading out, emailed them and in less than a day they shared a detailed response of how to remedy the situation, which turned out to be an easy fix.

For those who are unsure if it's worth the money to get a turntable when you can stream music for cheaply, I'd say the experience of putting on an album and listening all the way through has been worth the money. There's also a definite improvement in the warmth of the sound that you don't have to be a complete audio snob to notice.