Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Audio Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct Drive DJ Turnt..." and save 27% off the $449.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Audio Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct Drive DJ Turntable
- Professional DJ turntable
- USB output - connects directly to your computer; includes Audacity software
- Direct drive high-torque multi-pole motor for demanding DJ use. Starting Torque >4.5 kgf.cm
- Professional features for DJ use in nightclubs, touring and mobile applications
- Selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- If you are purchasing the product for a sales area outside the U.S., you should consider purchasing the turntable from your sales region. This unit is set to operate on 120V AC.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Type: 3-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: 16-pole, 3-phase, brushless DC motor
- Drive Method: Direct drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM
- Turntable Platter: 332 mm dia. die-cast aluminum
- Starting Torque: >4.5 kgf.cm
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Wow and Flutter: < 0.1% WRMS (JIS WTD) with 33 RPM
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 55 dB (DIN-B)
- Pre-amp PHONO: 2.5 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec (HP-4005)
- Pre-amp LINE: 150 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec (HP-4005)
- USB Function
- Power Supply Requirements: 120V AC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 13W
- Accessories Included: Slip mat; dust cover; platter; 45 RPM adapter; counterweight; headshell; power cord; USB cable; dual RCA (female) to 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-plug (male) stereo adapter cable; dual RCA (female) to 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-plug (female) stereo adapter cable; dual RCA (male) cable with integrated ground wire; stylus target light; Audacity software (CD)
Direct-Drive Professional DJ Turntable (USB & Analog)
This superbly made, professional quality DJ turntable is designed primarily for DJ use in nightclubs, touring and mobile applications. It can also be used by music lovers to play their record collections at home. Its sleek, elegant gloss-black and silver design fits into any stereo music or home entertainment system, and its built-in switchable phono preamp enables it to be used with a wide variety of receivers, powered speakers and other A/V components. As an added benefit, the turntable offers a USB output that allows direct connection to a computer for easy LP-to-digital conversion.
Built to deliver exceptional music reproduction even under the most demanding conditions of professional use, the AT-LP1240-USB utilizes a powerful direct-drive 16-pole, three-phase motor for unwavering speed stability along with easy back-cueing, forward and reverse play and quiet operation at 33-1/3, 45 or 78 RPM. The turntable features an S-shaped tone arm with adjustable tracking force (counterweight) and anti-skate adjustment and a removable universal cartridge mount (cartridge available separately).
- Direct-drive, high-torque, multipole motor for demanding DJ use
- Fully manual operation
- Start and brake control adjustments
- Selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- Professional anti-resonance, damped die-cast aluminum platter with DJ-style slip mat
- ½” mount universal headshell (phono cartridge sold separately)
- Balanced S-shaped tone arm with hydraulically damped lift control, anti-skate, height adjustment and lockable rest
- Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software to create digital files from vinyl records
Trusted by Professionals
Whether it’s on the boardroom table, the stage or in the studio, Audio-Technica products are trusted time and again by industry professionals looking for reliable, lovingly developed audio products for all budgets.
It’s Audio-Technica’s commitment to innovation, customer service and meticulous design that ensure professionals turn to us to provide solutions in conferencing, houses of worship, broadcasting, live sound, recording studios and beyond.
50 Years of Devotion to Music
For over 50 years Audio-Technica has worked alongside leading figures in sports and music broadcast to develop and hone a range of products that deliver on the highest level.
Audio-Technica have developed and delivered products to power the Grammys, World Cup, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games as well as every Summer and Winter Games from Atlanta 1996 to Sochi 2014.
A Legacy in Innovation
Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products. It’s expertise in innovation quickly spread to various new fields and led to the development of tone arms, microphones and headphones. Audio-Technica soon became a benchmark in those fields. Making history.
A self-made man and audiophile, Hidéo Matsushita was the former Director of the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. It all started in his workshop, with the hand crafting of stereo cartridges. 50 years later, Audio-Technica has become a global leader in audio innovation.
A Passion for Listening
Humility, passion, creativity and expertise in sound are the core values behind Audio-Technica’s legacy, greatly inspired by its founder - whose imprint on the company’s philosophy is still felt today. Audio-Technica’s passion for listening evolved in the 70’s, when it started designing headphones, building upon a legacy in innovation, meticulous engineering and artistic design.
Today, Audio-Technica’s audio products have become globally synonymous with consistently high sonic performance paired with impeccable build construction and artistic design.
|Drive Method||Belt Drive||Direct Drive||Direct Drive||Direct Drive|
|Speeds||33 1/3, 45||33 1/3, 45, 78||33 1/3, 45, 78||33 1/3, 45|
|Built-In Switchable Phono/Line Pre-Amplifier||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Electronic Brake System||✓||✓|
|Forward/Reverse Operation with Pitch Control||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Audio Technica AT-LP120BK-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable (USB & Analog), Black
Audio Technica AT-LP60BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black
Audio-Technica AT-LP5 Direct-Drive Turntable, Black
Audio-Technica AT-LP3BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black
Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Professional Turntable (Black) with Extra AT95E Cartridge
|Price||$449.00||See price in cart||$99.00||$449.00||$249.00||$348.00|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||VirVentures||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||aSavings - Same Day Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||17.72 x 6.56 x 13.9 in||13.86 x 17.72 x 6.1 in||18 x 16 x 6 in||21 x 9 x 16 in||21 x 9 x 19 in||9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 in|
|Item Weight||27.6 lbs||23.5 lbs||8.5 lbs||—||17.2 lbs||26.5 lbs|
This superbly made, professional quality DJ turntable is designed primarily for DJ use in nightclubs, touring and mobile applications. It can also be used by music lovers to play their record collections at home. Offers direct drive high-torque multi-pole motor for demanding DJ use, dual start/stop controls and an S-shaped tone arm assembly. Features selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds and selectable internal stereo phono pre-amplifier.
Legal DisclaimerFully Authorized Audio Technica Dealer.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Cables are detachable and included (RCA w/ground and power)
- Switchable internal preamp (you can use an external amp, stereo phono input, or stereo Aux/CD input)
- Compatible with many cartridges, not just AT brand
- Can play 33rpm or 45rpm records on the fly (special cartridge may be needed for 78s but you can set the speed on the fly)
- USB output for high quality digital transfers
- "Braking" system to adjust how fast the platter spins up and stops
- Counter weight, anti-skate, tone arm height adjustments for precise cartridge alignment
- Sound from the turntable's preamp \ line output (going to an AUX input on my stereo) was better than using the phono input on my stereo.
- Included Slip mat is geared more towards DJing, I purchased a Cork It mat instead
- Line output is only 150 mV. Typical CD output level is 300 mV. You will have your volume knob turned up a bit more. An external pre-amp will get you the boost you need.
- Audacity software that it comes with can be downloaded for free from their website. I would have preferred better software for record transfers that have plugins included for removing record noise etc..
- Needs better instructions for setting up the cartridge, I bounced around from youtube videos, Audio Technica website, and online tutorials to get the alignment right. I purchased an AT440MLB cartridge and the instructions were lacking. Screws included were also not the easiest to use, but I'll leave that for review against the cartridge.
I read a couple reviews about platter wobble and thought my system may have the same issue, however, I noticed that if there is any warping on your slip mat or record, the tone arm will sway or float up and down on those spots and potentially send a low frequency rumble to your speakers.
I experienced a low frequency pulsing on my speakers on a couple of records, and I blame the records since it does not happen on my entire collection. To remedy this you can use 20 Hz high pass filters, or purchase a pre-amp that has a built in high pass filter. A better slip mat and a stabilizer like the At618 (basically a weight) will also help.
I don't think you can get find another player with better features or quality for $300. I was happy this didn't come with a cartridge since I most likely would have "upgraded" or replaced a stock one if it did.
Cambridge Azur 651P Preamp
Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050 (7.2.1 Dobly Atmos configuration)
Klipsch RP280F speakers w/15" sub, RS-42 surround and RP140S Atmos.
Then one of the Technics turntables that I had given to my daughter soon developed a speed regulation problem that could not be corrected by simple cleaning and adjustment. This problem made me realize that I had waited too long to replace my ageing Technics turntables, because Technics had suspended production of their turntables in 2009, and the last few remaining Technics turntables on the market were selling at premium prices. So I began searching the internet for a deal on the best available equivalent turntables. My search narrowed to a choice between a used Technics SL-1210M5G, and the new Audio-Technica AT-LP1240. I wanted to buy two turntables to replace two of the old ones that I own, and I could not justify the cost of buying two Technics SL-1210M5G at once, at present-day prices: so I finally decided to buy one new Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 and one slightly used Technics SL-1210M5G to replace two of my three old turntables that were built in the 1970’s and 1980’s. The turntables that I ordered arrived almost simultaneously. I had also ordered identical Shure M-44-7 high-output magnetic cartridges, to allow a more equitable comparison of the two different turntables.
The used Technics SL-1210M5G turntable was described by Kellards thus: “THIS IS IN BRAND NEW-CONDITION FULLY TESTED” but I found the power line selector switch still set for 220V and the brake circuit was so far out of adjustment that the platter spun backwards when the stop button was pressed, so I had doubts about it having ever been tested at all. I was eventually able to adjust everything to correct functionality, and it was fully acceptable in appearance.
The new Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 arrived fully functional in all respects and had only one real design deficiency, the tone-arm counterweight was nearly too light for the cartridges weight,
but I soon discovered that the heavier counterweight from any Technics turntable will fit properly on the Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 tone-arm, so the problem was solved.
This is my comparison of the two turntables is based on only two weeks of actual service:
It is a good thing Technics has stopped producing turntables, because if they were still shipping the same SL-1210M5G that was delivered to me: they would be terribly embarrassed by the comparison with the quality and functional features of the new Audio-Technica AT-LP1240. It has better starting torque and a better brake, and both functions are easily response-time adjustable. It has a wider range pitch control and it can operate at 78 RPM. It has an on-board pre-amplifier, if you need it, and it has an auxiliary USB output that allows you to rip vinyl over to any digital audio format. It costs less than half as much as the Technics and delivers more features and functions with equal sound quality. My history and vanity made me buy the Technics SL-1210M5G turntable. I am sure that if I had it to do over, I would have bought two Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 turntables, and I would have saved about $860.00 in the bargain.
Most recent customer reviews
Just as good and great to mix with..