4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Audio-Technica AT-LP3BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Fully automatic Belt-drive Turntable operation with two speeds: 33-1/3, 45 RPM
- Balanced straight tone arm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Built-in switchable phono/line pre-amplifier with attached dual RCA output cable
- Switchable Pre-Amp modes for moving Magnet and moving Coil cartridges
- 1/2" mount Universal head Shell with at91r dual moving Magnet phono cartridge and long-life diamond stylus
- If you are purchasing the product for a sales area outside the U.S., you should consider purchasing the turntable from your sales region. This unit is set to operate on 120V AC.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Color: Black
- Type: Belt-drive turntable, fully automatic
- Motor: DC servo-controlled
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Turntable Platter: Die-cast aluminum
- Wow and Flutter: Less than 0.25% (WTD) @ 3 kHz (JIS)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >50 dB (DIN-B)
- Output Level: Pre-amp “PHONO”: 1.5-3.6 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Output Level: Pre-amp “LINE” 129-313 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Phono Pre-Amp Gain: 36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- Power Supply Requirements: 120V AC, 60 Hz
- Accessories Included: AT91R Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus; 1/2" mount universal headshell; power cord; 45 RPM adapter; removable hinged dust cover; 4 mm rubber mat
Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black
The AT-LP3 fully automatic belt-drive turntable lets you take your analog listening experience to the next level with advanced features not typically found on automatic turntables. The balanced straight tone arm comes with a 1/2" mount universal headshell and AT91R Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge, giving you excellent high-fidelity performance, plus the option to use other moving magnet or moving coil cartridges of your choosing.
A hydraulically damped lift control allows the stylus to be precisely and safely lowered and raised at any point on a record. Yet the turntable also offers fully automatic operation, so you can simply press the Start button to begin play and the Stop button to lift and return the tone arm and shut off the turntable (the stop function occurs automatically when a record has played all the way through).
The AT-LP3 is constructed of anti-vibration damping materials that limits low-frequency feedback. Resonance is further reduced by the turntable’s die-cast aluminum platter and accompanying 4 mm rubber damping mat. Equipped to play both 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records, the AT-LP3 features a built-in switchable phono preamp and an attached dual RCA output cable that enable it be connected to a home stereo, powered speakers and other components whether they have a dedicated turntable input or not.
Available in black (AT-LP3BK) and white (AT-LP3WH).
- Fully automatic belt-drive turntable operation with two speeds: 33-1/3, 45 RPM
- Balanced straight tone arm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Built-in switchable phono/line pre-amplifier with attached dual RCA output cable
- Switchable pre-amp modes for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- ½" mount universal headshell with AT91R Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge and long-life diamond stylus
- Anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter with 4 mm thick rubber mat
- Damped base construction for reduced low-frequency feedback coloration
- Includes 45 RPM adapter and removable hinged dust cover
AT-LP3: A Revolution in Automation
AT91R Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge
Specially designed for the LP3, the AT91R Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge incorporates an aluminium cantilever for higher-rigidity and improved pick-up of subtle details.
Removable universal AT-HS3 headshell allows users to upgrade their cartridge to further enhance their sound. Suitable for 1/2" mount cartridges and 4-pin turntable arms.
Incorporating a hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest, the LP3’s straight balanced tonearm includes a radial ball bearing for horizontal movement and pivot bearings vertical movement.
4.5mm Platter Mat
Reducing unwanted vibration and for stable play, the LP3 includes a 4.5mm thick rubber platter mat.
Trusted by Professionals
Whether it’s on the boardroom table, the stage or in the studio, Audio-Technica products are trusted time and again by industry professionals looking for reliable, lovingly developed audio products for all budgets.
It’s Audio-Technica’s commitment to innovation, customer service and meticulous design that ensure professionals turn to us to provide solutions in conferencing, houses of worship, broadcasting, live sound, recording studios and beyond.
50 Years of Devotion to Music
For over 50 years Audio-Technica has worked alongside leading figures in sports and music broadcast to develop and hone a range of products that deliver on the highest level.
Audio-Technica have developed and delivered products to power the Grammys, World Cup, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games as well as every Summer and Winter Games from Atlanta 1996 to Sochi 2014.
A Legacy in Innovation
Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products. It’s expertise in innovation quickly spread to various new fields and led to the development of tone arms, microphones and headphones. Audio-Technica soon became a benchmark in those fields. Making history.
A self-made man and audiophile, Hidéo Matsushita was the former Director of the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. It all started in his workshop, with the hand crafting of stereo cartridges. 50 years later, Audio-Technica has become a global leader in audio innovation.
A Passion for Listening
Humility, passion, creativity and expertise in sound are the core values behind Audio-Technica’s legacy, greatly inspired by its founder - whose imprint on the company’s philosophy is still felt today. Audio-Technica’s passion for listening evolved in the 70’s, when it started designing headphones, building upon a legacy in innovation, meticulous engineering and artistic design.
Today, Audio-Technica’s audio products have become globally synonymous with consistently high sonic performance paired with impeccable build construction and artistic design.
|Drive Method||Belt Drive||Direct Drive||Direct Drive||Direct Drive|
|Speeds||33 1/3, 45||33 1/3, 45, 78||33 1/3, 45, 78||33 1/3, 45|
|Built-In Switchable Phono/Line Pre-Amplifier||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Electronic Brake System||✓||✓|
|Forward/Reverse Operation with Pitch Control||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Audio Technica AT-LP60BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black
Audio Technica AT-LP120BK-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable (USB & Analog), Black
Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-USB Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable (USB & Analog), Black
Audio-Technica AT-LP5 Direct-Drive Turntable, Black
Audio Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct Drive DJ Turntable
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Turntable Lab||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||aSavings - Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 21 x 19 in||16 x 18 x 6 in||17.72 x 13.86 x 6.1 in||14.17 x 14.02 x 3.84 in||9 x 21 x 16 in||6.56 x 17.72 x 13.9 in|
|Item Weight||17.2 lbs||8.5 lbs||23.5 lbs||8.5 lbs||—||27.6 lbs|
The at-lp3 fully automatic belt-drive turntable lets you take your analog listening experience to the next level with advanced Features not typically found on automatic turntables. The balanced straight tone arm comes with a 1/2" mount universal head shell and at91r dual moving magnet phono cartridge, giving you excellent high-fidelity performance, plus the option to use other moving magnet or moving coil cartridges of your choosing.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Modern design / look
• Weight on the tonearm is pretty accurate (double checked with a digital tracking force scale).
• I like the addition of the ground wire – keeps things quiet
• Included preamp can handle MM & MC cartridges.
• Universal, removable, headshell makes it easy to swap cartridges.
• Alignment for cartridge is easy by following the measurements given in the instruction manual
• Decent weight to the device, feels solid
• Nice set of vibration damping/absorbing feet.
• Stylus drops softly onto the record (controlled descent)
• Easy to set up
• Simple design, easy to use. All of the buttons and switches are clearly marked and easy to read.
• White finish hides dust
• Detachable power cord
• Dedicated spot for the 45 adaptor
• Responds very well to cartridge upgrade. I installed a NAGAOKA MM (MP) Cartridge MP-110 and the sound really improved. However, the yellow & gold of Nagaoka didn’t match the vivid red color of the included AT-HS3 headshell. Luckily, I had a black Denon: DP-300F Headshell with gold script from my Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable which fits the Audio-Technica (AT) LP3’s tonearm perfectly. The combo looks pretty good together.
• Vivd red colored headshell doesn’t "go" with all cartridges from an aesthetic standpoint – anything but a red, black, or white cartridge doesn’t match & looks out of place.
• The included AT91R is a basic cartridge (very similar to, if not the same as, the AT3600 & the Audio Technica CN5625AL .7 mil Conical Half-inch Standard Mount Cartridge) is ok but AT really should’ve stepped it up here (they make many cartridges and could've easily supplied a better one with the LP3)
• No clasp for the tonearm
• Belt drive, (I would’ve preferred quartz lock direct drive like the Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable in Silver)
• Hardwired RCA cables cannot be changed or upgraded (if you need longer or shorter terminations)
• Accessories were not easy to unpack (taped to styrofoam and difficult to extract).
• My platter is blemished, every time it completes a revolution I can clearly see the dark blemish in the aluminum finish and it seems to have a very minor “warp/bump” at that blemished spot as well.
• I foresee the white buttons on the front getting dirty easily or even turning yellow over time as white plastics/resins have a tendency to do this as they age due to repeated contact with the oils, dirt, and sweat we produce.
While I don’t own an Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable in Silver, I don’t have to in order to see that for $50 additional you get a direct drive motor (no belt to replace EVER), a better cartridge in the AT95E > the AT91R, plus the ability to adjust pitch and reverse direction. While both of these offerings from AT feature built-in preamps, only the AP3 can utilize a Moving Coil cartridge but, in all honesty, if you’re going with a MC cart, you’re going to want a much better preamp (like the Mani Phono Stage) and, quite likely, a step up transformer (SUT) as well. The LP120 can also digitize your record collection with the included USB output and Audacity software while it would require aftermarket equipment for the AT-LP3 to perform this task.
At the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES0, AT touted the AT-LP3 to be perfect for “the new generation of vinyl record and audio enthusiasts [who] can now make the step up to superior sound with Audio-Technica’s new AT-LP3 turntable. The [AT-LP3 is the] perfect upgrade from an entry-level turntable” (Source: https://audiotechnicanewsroom.com/2017/01/05/ces-2017-audio-technicas-new-at-lp3-turntable-offers-vinyl-record-enthusiasts-a-sonic-step-up/).
While I agree that the Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver is the entry level turntable from AT (and many others as this is made by Hanpin, not AT), the AT-LP3 isn’t exactly in between the AT-LP60 & AT-LP120, especially when you compare all that you get in the LP-120 (the LP3 is supposed to fit in between the two but the LP3’s price tag is too close to that of the LP120 to say that the AT-LP3 really sits between the two as the LP60 is $99, the LP3 is $249, & the LP120 IS $299). I suppose that If you were choosing solely between the AT turntables available on the US market, I’d recommend that you go with the LP120. But if you want a current production, fully automatic belt-drive turntable, you may be comparing the AT-LP3 to the Denon 300F. Between those two, I would recommend the AT-LP3 for several reasons.
Out of the box, with no modifications whatsoever, I find the AT-LP3 to be the better turntable. Both the 300F & LP3 are slick looking pieces of equipment so it’s a moot point there. But, the AT-LP3 comes with the AT91R cartridge while the 300F includes a “no name” cartridge and, at its retail price of $330, is significantly overpriced compared to the AT-LP3. Also, I find it strange that there is no dedicated spot for the 45 adaptor on the 300F while the AT-LP3 has a spot on the top left of the base for it. In regards to performance, I found the AT-LP3 to track better than the 300F, both before & after cartridge change (the Denon was difficult to get dialed in properly). The AT-LP3 also appears to be of better build quality as the actions of the automatic mechanisms are smoother on the AT-LP3 > the 300F. Lastly, to my ears, the sound quality from the AT-LP3 is superior to that of the 300F & the AT-LP3 responds far better to a cartridge upgrade than the 300F. Additionally, the Denon’s are reported to suffer from quality control issues (mainly due to inconsistent speed issues in that they aren’t always the most accurate when playing back records – please see the reviews on Amazon.com for the 300F). That said, I never had any speed issues with the Denon 300F that I owned so I guess I was fortunate. While the 300F can be a better value (as it regularly goes on sale for ~$50 less than the MSRP of the AT-LP3) the $ you save may not be worth it in the end given the quality control/dependability issues. Also, the additional headshells for the Denon are ~ $40, whereas the additional headshells for the AT-LP3 are ~ $30 which makes the ease of upgrading cartridges a better bargain with the less expensive headshells from AT (no, you don't have to purchase additional headshells but I find that it makes swapping out cartridges much easier especially if you want to be able to compare them to see which one(s) work best with the turntable). In the end, I would have liked to rate this between three & four stars but I gave it the benefit of the doubt as it betters its direct competitor, the Denon 300F, but it falls short against its sibling, the Audio-Technica LP120.
I think this is a great turntable for any entry/mid level users.
Here are some pros & cons:
Easy setup (comes with user manual)
On/Off buttons seem to be a bit cheap (still have 5 stars)
I was a little unsure of what additional products i'd need to make this player fully functional, so i'll share exactly what i bought.
Turntable (duh): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRDMKG5/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0
Power Supply: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KZ2ZQE8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Speaker Wire: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-16-Gauge-Speaker-Wire-Feet/dp/B006LW0W5Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494418746&sr=1-3&keywords=speaker+wire
Banana Plugs (plugs into amp): https://www.amazon.com/Banana-HTTX-High-Quality-Speaker-Connectors/dp/B01HAVT4AS/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494418779&sr=1-9&keywords=banana+plugs+for+speaker+wire
All said and done, i spent roughly $560 on this entire setup. I hope this helps your vinyl adventure!
Most recent customer reviews
Very happy with this unit.Sure you could spend a lot more, but why?Read more
So far ... no complaints and looks great. 1st turntable - great choice.