Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Studio Mi..." and save 60% off the $169.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
2-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Studio Microphone , Black
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$70.00 (41%)|
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Standard for Affordable Studio Condensers
The price and performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology, making it ideal for project/home-studio applications.
Due to high-SPL handling and wide dynamic range.
Custom-Engineered Low-Mass Diaphragm
Provides extended frequency response and superior transient response.
Sound Source Isolation
Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source.
Pivoting, Threaded Stand Mount
Attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone.
Stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch.
Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards set the AT2020 apart from other mics in its class. Its low-mass diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The AT2020: the new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In terms of condenser mics, the only other one that matches this guy for the price is the MXL 990. I would say the 2020 has a warmer reproduction.
As for quality, ive dropped this mic a couple times ( i know, thats a no-no for condenser mics) and it still works perfectly fine, my MXL 990 broke on the first drop.
Audio-Technica makes great products, but has a nasty habit of trying to making parts of their products proprietary so you're forced to buy their over-priced accessories; and they do this under the guise of convenience/innovation. In this case, because the microphone is just a little wider than the industry standard, you can either use the mount it comes with (which has no "shock" protection) or buy their shock mount at the tune of 70 dollars. Shock mounts really don't need to be more than 10 dollars... So yes, this is a great microphone, especially when comparing it against my cheaper 25 dollar condenser mic, but their shady practice of widening the base/handle of the microphone as an attempt to goad me into buying their shock mount kept me from giving it that elusive fifth star.