Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Audio-Technica AT2020USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone (OLD MODEL)
|Price:||$129.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Side-address studio condenser with USB digital output (Windows and Mac compatible)
- Crystal-clear, natural sound for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, and voiceover use
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Low self-noise - perfectly suited for sophisticated digital recording equipment
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:28 Mins|
I give this product a 5 star rating. It is easy to use, high quality and very competitively priced. This is a great desktop mic to use for making podcasts or recording music.
I am not a musician so I am not able to speak to that aspect of the microphones ability. I did use it to make several voice over videos and it performed perfectly. Never a hick-up or any spurious noises heard at all.
I did not include specs into my video review because it would add to the file size and be too small to read here on Amazon's video player.
Regular readers of my reviews know I try to supply specs when necessary.
Here are the specs:
Element: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
Polar pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20Hz-16,000Hz
Power Requirements: USB power (+5VDC)
Bit depth: 16
Sample Rate: 44,000 kHz
Weight: 374g (13.2 oz)
Dimensions: 162.0 mm (6.38") long
52.0mm max body diameter (2.05")
Output connector: USB type
Accessories: Pivoting stand for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, soft protective pouch, tripod desk stand; 3.1m 10' USB cable
System Reqs: Mac OSX, USB 1.0 or 2.0 64MB RAM minimum. Windows XP Home or professional USB 1.0 or 2.0 64MB RAM minimum.
So for a great USB microphone I recommend this highly!
About the video: After uploading I noticed that Amazon's codec (video compressor) has made the video quality sub-par. I will try to reupload it again with a different codec.
Thank you for watching!
1) This mic is USB powered. This is pretty much the prime reason that this is the perfect mic for the casual/beginning level user. If you were to buy a regular condenseor mic, or even the regular version of the AT Condenser Mic, you would have to have additional equiptment to power it. For those who, like me, know very little about audio equipment, you would end up paying for far more then you originally expected to spend and most likely been all kinds of confused about how to use it. Being USB powered is truely a God-sent, because all you need to do to make it work is plug it in. Theres no program to load, no instructions to follow, and best of all no sweat to break. As soon as you plug it in, the computer acknowledges it just like any other UBS device and you go on with your buesiness. You dont even need to sit and "safely" eject the thing, just yank it out and your done. No damage done to you computer or your mic. Best of all, the UBS cord is pretty standard, so you can easily replace it if the one that comes with it gets damaged.
2) The price. A lot of professional level condenser mics are pretty expensive, like around three hundred dollars at the cheapest level. Granted, that's a somewhat random number, but again, for the casual user, that's not exactly wallet friendly. I got mine in a music store for one fifty. I wish I had looked online for one a little cheaper, but it was still a wise investment. Thus far I haven't seen another mic this good for this cheap.
3) Durability.Read more ›
|Length: 4:41 Mins|
The only reason why I put 4 stars instead of 5 is because it's not very good at accepting very loud sound.
The quality blew me away. I had to tweak a few settings in garageband (reverb, EQ) to get the clean sound I wanted but it took very little time to do. My vocals are now very clear and the acoustic guitar sounds so much more alive in my recordings.
I noticed that when my RAM is lagging there is a VERY noticeable sound delay (This is due to the fact it is not a direct line in, rather it is a USB mic that has to take up more RAM to process the sound). I fixed this problem by closing out of the other programs and/or unplugging the USB cord, waiting a few seconds, then plugging the cord back in - sound lagging problem solved.
The mic is heavier/bigger than I thought it would be. It is constructed with quality materials (I'd venture to guess that the entire exterior of the mic is made of metal). Included in the box are the USB cord, the Mic, tripod legs, booklet, and a soft travel case.
I am VERY happy with this mic. For the price you are getting an amazing deal.
Update Mid March 2011:
It has been nearly a year since purchasing this mic and so far I am still very impressed with it. Since buying this mic I updated my recording software to Logic Pro 9 and the mic still works perfectly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My Grandson say that this mic is very good, He would even rather have this one over some other brands that are suppose to be better. Works great for him.Published 1 day ago by George
Decent sound and the blue indicator light is cool. The stand is a bit awkward and I have had the mic tip over several times due to it being "top heavy".Published 23 days ago by angelsRreal
The mic works perfectly it sounds amazing but I would pick up a mic stand to do with it because the stand that comes with it isnt that good in my opinion because if you have like a... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Really nice microphone. It's fun to get on Skype with my friends and creep them out by getting really close to the thing and acting like I'm in an ASMR video. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dustin Kleisch