Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
|Price:||$139.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Detachable cable
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:33 Mins|
The price/performance ratio is excellent, as with the previous M50s. The removable audio cable is the biggest difference, and the color choices are awesome. Worth checking out, for sure!
Enjoy the video!
The headphone cushions are also noticeably more comfortable for extended periods of use. As comfortable as the previous model was after extended use I would get this feeling that my head was being suffocated and gripped which would lead to a headache and while I don't think that feeling can ever be removed these headphones do a great job of prolonging that feeling.
For those asking about the cable connection going into the LEFT headphone, it is a snug connection so you won't have to worry about the plug coming out.
All in all if you own a pair of ATH-M50's I wouldn't go rushing out the door to replace them with these unless removable cables are that big of an issue to you but if you don't own the M50s this is definitely the way to go since you won't have to choose between coiled or straight cables when you can have them both.
M50 - look for deals online and you can find a brand new one for under $100 easily (I bought mine brand new for $80) with a deal alert on Slickdeals.
M50x - $169-189. Since they are relatively new there has not been any price reduction or deals yet and won't be for quite sometime.
Sound quality -
Same as M50, i.e. excellent and the best you can get for this money. Tons of reviews covering this so I'm not going into details.
Sound isolation i.e. noise cancellation -
Same as M50, i.e. very good. These aren't active noise cancelling, but its good enough for using in airplane, train, library, public transit or any other quiet environment. A very big plus compared to a lot of headphones that leak sound and renders it useless in such environments or in bed at night.
Build quality -
Speaker components - same
Band - same
Padding - uses a slightly better material, but Audio-Technica won't give out the exact specifications.
Both these are made in Taiwan.
Convenience - (I found this to be a big deal)
Connectors and wires - M50 comes with only 1 attached coiled/straight cable with a 3.5 mm plug and a 1/4" adapter; M50x comes with 3 cables plus its removable.Read more ›
1. Sound quality. Highs are crisp, but not too bright; mids are good; bass is punchy and tight. It is difficult to find *better* sounding headphones in this price segment.
2. Build. They are very solidly built and ergonomics are great. There is no complex suspending system, so there is nothing to break.
3. Very comfortable. These are over the ears (as opposed to on-ear) headphones, so there is no unpleasant pressure. The new ear pads are very soft, and the headband is enveloped in the same soft material.
4. Portability. Both cups rotate horizontally 180°, and they fold vertically, to make the headphone's dimensions quite small and portable-friendly. The supplied pouch comes in handy.
5. Unlike their predecessors, the ATH-M50X arrive with three detachable cables: a long straight one (you can use it to connect to a source that is further away), a short straight one (very handy when connecting to a smartphone, or if your computer is located very near to where you sit), and a medium-length coiled one (for mixed purposes). The insert-and-turn locking system secures the cable to the left cup.
6. No sound leakage. These are closed-back headphones, so you can use them in a room, filled with people, or while commuting, without the need to worry that you might disturb someone.
7. With an impedance of 38 ohms you do not need a headphone amp to drive them.
1. Cable connectors are proprietary. But then again you get three cables in the box, so it is unlikely that you will be looking to buy new cables any time soon.
2. At 285 g (10 oz) plus the cable, the ATH-M50X are a little heavier than similar-sized headphones I have owned. But making them lighter would most probably affect build quality.
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sound great but I'd recommend replacement earpads because the ones included are a little thin.Published 15 hours ago by Alex P.
Very nice headphones. Paired with a modmic this makes for a great PC headset. Great sound quality and solid construction. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Kenton
Just a little too tight on my head. Other than that they are awesomePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Been using for over a year and still in great condition and sound wonderful.Published 1 day ago by Evan Hou
I over analyzed the purchase.....probably any would have worked .....perhaps ears can distinguish ...they work goodPublished 1 day ago by Big Guy
Great pair of headphones. Better specs than Beats, half as cheap. I got a hard case with these, link below. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
These headphones are AMAZING! The sound is fantastic. I've been ruined because I can't stand to listen to music without these. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Sasha
Awesome sound, and I own and love my Sennheiser 650's. Fantastic value. Great for everyday listening. Bulky but great sound isolation and comfort.Published 2 days ago by Barry Issberner