Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on May 22, 2014
I purchased this wired mike because my wireless PA receiver is a little flakey (it cuts out after a few minutes of use). I have not experienced any problem with the PA using this wired mike, however. This mike is accurate and distortion free as long as you hold it at the proper distance from your mouth. A little experimentation will help you find the right distance for you. If you're soft-spoken you'll need to hold it a little closer.

My PA system is susceptible to feedback if you hold the mike too close to the speaker. But this is common to most, if not all, microphones. The 15-foot cord is a good length, allowing you to put some separation between mike and speaker. It's not as convenient or as flexible as the cordless mike, but at least it's reliable.

My only quibble, and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5, is that the 1/4" jack seems a little loose in the socket on the PA. Perhaps I should blame this on the Hisonic, since a 1/4" jack is, by definition, 1/4" in diameter and rigid. But the mike cord also bayonets into the microphone, and this fitting is a little loose, too. So I'll stick by my 4-start rating.
on January 21, 2016
Audio-Technica ATR-1100 Unidirectional Dynamic Vocal/Instrument Microphone

The Good: Bought this to go along with my portable speaker:

The Bad: The adapter broke right away but I was able to replace it for 2 bucks. I think someone at my party just mistreated it.

The Bottom Line: Just use this for karaoke so my review is not based on quality of sound but on FUN
on January 6, 2014
I choose this Mic for playing with friends in a public venue. I am using this with a 50 watt Marshall amplifier. We play a small public room of no more than 15-25 people. My issue is that the sensitivity is not good for a sit down session. I must keep my lips almost touching the mic to blend any sound from my amplifier with other players. This may be fine for Karaoke, but not if you are keeping a distance of 2-4 inches from the mic or trying to sing a duet using the same mic.. The rated sensitivity of this mic is -59db. I have found that -75db or better is more useful. Also, I have found mic's that have more useful specification at 1/3 of the price of this product.
on January 27, 2014
I bought this to record to a computer and I tried two sound cards and it was not sensitive enough in that task. However I tested it on an amplifier and it was fantastic. It must have some circuitry to reduce feedback because this one gave no feedback at all no matter how high the volume was set on nearby speakers. My daughter used this as a vocal mic when she made a music video for YouTube and it out performed more expensive microphones. As a PC mic I would give it zero stars, don't be fooled by other reviews that say it works for that, BUT if you are looking for low price mic for stage use this performs way better than much more expensive microphones in places where feedback can be a problem. Of course this one does not use a real microphone jack but adapters are found both at Amazon and any good musical instrument store. On the other side of the coin, just plug it into an instrument jack and set the amp for clean.
on April 20, 2016
You get what you pay for. I use this mic to make announcements at our clubhouse. That's all it is good for. For $20 it works great. This is not a vocal mic or a mic to put in front of an amp. The sound is mediocre at best as is the frequency response but for $20 it will do the job if you just want your voicemto he heard.
It gets a 5 cause it does exactly what you would expect from a $20 mic. Works as advertised.
on December 10, 2015
I think I reviewed this once before, but my opinion has changed a bit. The adapter for the jack broke quickly, but the seller did offer to replace it for free. Mic quality isn't ideal after comparing to other unidirectional mics. It's fine for like a karaoke night or something, but definitely not suitable for recording. I found myself spending more time fiddling with recordings to get it to sound good than actually recording. Plus there's a low static constantly. Happened on PC recordings, and my amp.

Overall I wouldn't get this unless you're cheaping out. None of this I associate with the seller though; nothing but good things to say about them.
on September 17, 2013
For the price you can't expect it to be some perfect professional microphone. But if you are on a budget and you don't need anything fancy this could work great for you. Depending on what you are hooking it up to it may be extremely quiet. I mean Extremely Quiet! Almost to the point that you can't hear anything. But fear not. If this is the case you use a laptop as an amplifier. The sound setting in windows allows you to do this. You may need to google how exactly to do this because its a bit different depending on the version of windows you have. But you plug the mic in the mic port, the speakers (or speaker system) in their port, adjust the settings correctly and you are ready to roll. The downside with using the laptop as an amplifier is that there is a short delay between when the speaker speaks and when you hear it over the speakers. This delay is unavoidable because of it having to convert the sound from analog to digital. It is only a few milliseconds but it is a little weird when you first start talking into the mic. I used this mic to DJ at my brothers wedding reception. I had it connected to sound system with 11 speakers and 2 sub-woofers. If I were a professional DJ I'd have sprung for something more fancy. But since it was a one time thing I didn't want to break the bank and this worked just fine.
on May 17, 2017
I used this with my little tascam to record vocals, so yea I was working with a small budget. This microphone does a damn good job for the price.
on January 31, 2015
The shipping was fast, which I liked. The product came with everything that it said it would, as far as accessories BUT the mic does not pick up good audio and you can hardly hear anything when recording. I'm not satisfied with it and probably wont even end up using it. Pretty disappointed. Not with the seller but with the quality of the product. It wasnt expensive BUT I basically threw my money away on it.
on November 15, 2016
It worked..... barely. Not what I was looking for or expecting at all. Plugged it into my surround sound that is very loud. Had volume all the way up and still couldn't hear me talk. Had to put my mouth basically over the microphone and then could only barley hear me and it was very unclear.