Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Camera Condenser Sho..." and save 46% off the $69.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.61 shipping
3 Year Asurion Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Camera Condenser Shotgun Microphone
|Price:||$68.30 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 2-range settings: normal and tele
- 3.5mm connector plugs into video camera
- Designed especially for use with video cameras
- Freq resp: 70 Hz-18,000 Hz
- Imp: Normal 1000 ohm +/- 30% and tele 2200 ohm +/- 30%
- Please refer the User Manual before use.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern - Normal: Cardioid
- Polar Pattern - Tele: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 70 – 18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity - Normal: -56 dB
- Open Circuit Sensitivity - Tele: -45 dB
- Impedance - Normal: 1,000 ohms
- Impedance - Tele: 2,200 ohms
- Weight: 113 g (4 oz)
- Cable: 1 m (3') long, permanently attached cable with 3.5 mm (1/8") mini-plug
- Accessories Furnished: Camera mount; microphone stand clamp; foam windscreen; AA battery
Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Crisp & intelligible pickup—far away or up close. In its “Tele” range setting, this cardioid condenser is engineered to pick up dialogue and sound effects at a distance, while bypassing ambient noise such as traffic, air-handling systems, room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations. Designed especially for use with video cameras. For best results, position mic as close to sound source as possible. Beyond three or four feet, the audio may start to sound distant. Also, try to aim the mic at the sound source, as sound from the side or rear will not be picked up well. Still, some side or rear sound may be recorded—keep this in mind, especially if mounting mic to a camera, since some camera operation noise may be captured.
Winner of numerous industry awards, Audio-Technica manufactures products that set quality, durability and price/performance standards for live sound tours, broadcast and recording studios, corporate and government facilities, house-of-worship venues, and more. A-T microphones are chosen for critical government installations and are also selected for major broadcast music events, including the Grammy Awards and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
- 3.5 mm connector plugs into your video camera
- Two range settings: "Normal" for close & medium-distance; "Tele" for long-distance
- Includes camera-mount, stand clamp, foam windscreen, battery
Compare to similar items
This item Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Camera Condenser Shotgun Microphone
TAKSTAR SGC-598 Interview Microphone for Nikon/Canon Camera/DV Camcorder
Neewer 14.17inch/36cm Uni-Directional Shotgun Mono Microphone for Camcorder and DSLR Camera
VidPro XM55 Professional Video & Broadcast Unidirectional Condenser Microphone Kit, 13 Piece
Rode NTG2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
BOYA BY-PVM1000 Pro Broadcast-Quality Interview Shotgun Microphone with Foam Windscreen & Shock Mount & Cleaning Cloth 3 Pin XLR Output for Canon 6D Nikon D800 Sony Panasonic Camcorders
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||GizmosForLife||Ellisa-us||Photo Guard||EastCoastDeals||Amazon.com||COCOMALL|
|Item Dimensions||0.25 x 9.8 x 0.3 in||7.7 x 11.3 x 2.7 in||5 x 16.7 x 1.7 in||4 x 10 x 2 in||2 x 13.25 x 6 in||4.33 x 13.39 x 5.91 in|
Crisp & intelligible pickup far away or up close. In its “Tele” range setting, this cardioid condenser is engineered to pick up dialogue and sound effects at a distance, while bypassing ambient noise such as traffic, air-handling systems, room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations. Designed especially for use with video cameras.
Top customer reviews
1) Noise. There is a background hiss that is constant and unbearable, no matter the setting. Yes, one can successfully get rid of it using Adobe Premier. But that's a huge pain in the ass. I don't have time for that. Maybe if the end point audio was considerably better, but it's not compared to the stock mic. It's probably indistinguishable if I blind tested it. If you're not willing to denoise the audio in post-production, this mic is not for you.
2) There is no indicator light. Trust me. You're going to forget to switch it off, and it's going burn through a battery. Is the mic on or off? Is there any battery left? Don't know. There's no indicator light. Really, how much would have indicator light add to the cost of production? Terrible choice far as I can tell.
Reasons you may want this mic.
-You need to record something distant.
-You want to exclude the camera sounds (to a greater degree compared to the stock mic).
The bigger issue here is that this is somewhat monster in size for most small camcorders and DSLRs/mirrorless, and the inertial of the mic is such that the mic will shift the position of the on-camera mount, making the front end droop. Not cool. The entire purpose of a shotgun mic is to point at the subject, and no matter how much you turn the pivot screw, it can never be tight enough.You could shift the entire unit back in the on-camera mount to balance better, but then the strain relief for the fixed output cord ends up in your face (or obscuring the screen on a look down). So you can surmise that when they say "video camera," they mean one with a side viewfinder/screen. Or at least one set back considerably from the accessory shoe.
On the A6300, there also seems to be an issue where the camera picks up more noise than it should; my surmise is that the camera wants to provide plug-in power, and the internal amp of the mic is overpowering it a little.
I decided to get some experience by getting a relatively cheap, but well reviewed model. Of those available, this wasn't the cheapest (close), but seems to have the potential I was looking for. I also got the mono/stereo adapter plug Cables To Go 40634 3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Mono Female Adapter (Metallic Silver).
This mic really does work & work well. My set up with either the T3i or 60D allows manual sound adjustment & this mic works very nicely on both cameras. Yes ther are some issues such as noise, but it really is a nice mic overall.This also allows you to better target the sound. Since many others complained about poor results with the normal setting, I've only used it on tele. I'm still unsure about using the Magic Lantern firmware upgrade, but that could conceivably resolve some issues.
Yes, it would be nice if it had an on/off LED. Yes, it would be nice if a stereo adapter wasn't needed. The fact remains this is a very well made mic available at a very reasonable price from a highly respected mfr. that includes a lifetime guarantee. I recommend this product, it's definitely a good value.
I didnt have any problems whatsoever with this mic. I shot in the wind and it only picked up slightly. The batterly life was great. The sound was awsome once I edited the videos. I have a Panasonic Camera and there were no issues connecting the aux mic input. Now the one thing I wish I would have bought was a "dead cat" type of muffle device. The mount fit the shoe perfectly and there was no concern.
For storage I used a 2 foot section of 2" pvc pipe. I only glued one end closed with a cap so the other can be opened. The mic fits perfectly and has room for a few extra batteries. By the way it is a good idea to store the mic without the battery in it.
The one thing to remember is it is easy to leave the power on as there is no light.