Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Camera Condenser Shotgun Microphone
|Price:||$69.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 2-range settings: normal and tele
- 3.5mm connector plugs into video camera
- Designed especially for use with video cameras
- Freq resp: 70 Hz-18,000 Hz
- Imp: Normal 1000 ohm +/- 30% and tele 2200 ohm +/- 30%
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern - Normal: Cardioid
- Polar Pattern - Tele: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 70 – 18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity - Normal: -56 dB
- Open Circuit Sensitivity - Tele: -45 dB
- Impedance - Normal: 1,000 ohms
- Impedance - Tele: 2,200 ohms
- Weight: 113 g (4 oz)
- Cable: 1 m (3') long, permanently attached cable with 3.5 mm (1/8") mini-plug
- Accessories Furnished: Camera mount; microphone stand clamp; foam windscreen; AA battery
Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Crisp & intelligible pickup—far away or up close. In its “Tele” range setting, this cardioid condenser is engineered to pick up dialogue and sound effects at a distance, while bypassing ambient noise such as traffic, air-handling systems, room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations. Designed especially for use with video cameras. For best results, position mic as close to sound source as possible. Beyond three or four feet, the audio may start to sound distant. Also, try to aim the mic at the sound source, as sound from the side or rear will not be picked up well. Still, some side or rear sound may be recorded—keep this in mind, especially if mounting mic to a camera, since some camera operation noise may be captured.
Winner of numerous industry awards, Audio-Technica manufactures products that set quality, durability and price/performance standards for live sound tours, broadcast and recording studios, corporate and government facilities, house-of-worship venues, and more. A-T microphones are chosen for critical government installations and are also selected for major broadcast music events, including the Grammy Awards and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
- 3.5 mm connector plugs into your video camera
- Two range settings: "Normal" for close & medium-distance; "Tele" for long-distance
- Includes camera-mount, stand clamp, foam windscreen, battery
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:10 Mins|
|Length: 0:51 Mins|
For a $50.00ish mic with a lifetime warranty, you can't go wrong.
|Length: 3:48 Mins|
I shot a scene in front of a courthouse a few days ago, and there were so many buses going by that I ended up screaming out most of the dialogue - it was a little bit deafening. The performance of the mic on its regular mode was OK, but on telephoto mode it completely blocked out the sound of the buses (which were behind the camera).
Later that same day I followed a guy around on a busy street at night while he was performing some magic, and the sound (also on telephoto) was really good. I was far enough back with the camera that I couldn't hear a lot of what he was saying, but the mic picked it up - clean, good volume, and intelligible.
Two warnings, make sure the mic wire is not touching anything or bumps into anything because it will get picked up on your audio. And if you are in a slightly loud environment use the telephoto. In fact, I'm sticking with the telephoto permanently for now on. I'm leaving 4 stars because I have only used the mic a few times and I don't know how it will hold up, but so far I am very happy with my purchase.
- Decent build quality - the mic feels solid and looks good. It has a metal exterior and has a nice, smooth feeling finish on it.
- Clearly marked switch: Tele, Normal & Off
- Switch moves back & forth nicely and has definitive stops for each setting.
- The permanently attached cord is about 20" (50 cm), including a 4" (10 cm) coiled portion. If you stretch the coiled portion out, the entire cord is now about 35" (90 cm), but I wouldn't suggest ever stretching it to that length.
- AA battery is included.
- Mic stand mount & hot-shoe mount are included.
- Foam windscreen is included.
- NO indicator light to show that the mic is on or which mode it's in (i.e. tele, normal or off) - this is really my ONLY complaint about this mic
CRACK PIPE FANTASY LIST:
- Dead-cat windscreen
- Case or sleeve to put it in
- Non hard-wired cord (meaning I could swap the connected cord with a different one)
- Free date with Natalie Portman
- Free pair of Canon C300s
- Box of Junior Mints
I've tested this now with my own voice, both inside and also outside.Read more ›
Its cable is 3 feet long and coiled, and it's hardwired to the mic, so it picks up more electrical interference than a straight cable of the same effective reach. Simply having a jack would allow the option boosting the signal closer to the mic before a long cable run from a boom, for example.
But its biggest flaw is that it's unreliable. Mine had a bad internal wire connection and failed in its first hour of use. I've seen this happen with other sub-$100 shotguns. Audio-Technica has a generous lifetime warranty, and it's great to be able to trust the manufacturer to make it right; but one needs to be able to trust the gear itself. I wouldn't take this mic on a shoot without a backup, and then it's not such inexpensive option.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good sound, until wire connection to the microphone goes bad. Terrible static noise anytime the wire wiggles. For the price I paid, should have come with longer warranty period. Read morePublished 3 days ago by H.Boss
This is a terrible mic with nothing but buzz. When I first received it, I just thought I got a dud. But I've now learned that there are counterfeit "lookalike" miss being... Read morePublished 9 days ago by Barbie Taylor
Sounds ok, try adding an on/off light to know if the battery is working/good.Published 28 days ago by Jason
I have gotten to use this mic one time out side in may it did really good.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Definitely not a perfect mic, however, it is definitely an outstanding one. I am a student film maker, and this thing has done everything from capturing dialogue in a silent room,... Read morePublished 1 month ago by WK
bought this for video works great with my iPad with a 5$ adapterPublished 1 month ago by andrew hardy
buy cheap, buy twice.
Took it out of the box and all i can hear on it is noise. Directly on camera: noise. On cheap pre-amp: noise. Read more
Im a musician and try to record most of my shows for playback, however the audio quality on a household camcorder can be iffy and overwhelmed easily by a band, especially if... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Joe