- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- ASIN: B000IXUPM2
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2001
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. Cheap -- why spend your money on Apple's overpriced iPod video setup when all you need is a simple cable.
2. Standard RCA output connectors should will work on older and newer television sets.
3. Very easy to set up -- just make sure you enable video output (and optionally, widescreen output) from the Video Settings section of your iPod
1. iPod Video quality is only slightly better than what you'd expect to see from an antenna signal. That being said, it's definitely
2. I recently purchased the television series, House M.D. from iTunes. Using a 30GB 5th Gen. iPod, I can expect to watch only two shows before the battery diess.
3. I attempted to connect it to a third-party USB power adapter. When playing content through the cable with it plugged in, the picture becomes very grainy -- to the point where it is unbearable to watch. An OEM Apple charger may not present this issue.
4. Perhaps it is just an illusion, but when the camera pans in a video, there appears to be somewhat of a fish-eye effect on the screen from time to time. Again, I doubt it is related to the cable.
In my opinion, for the price, the pros strongly out-weigh the cons. If you're real serious about watching/listening to your iTunes downloads, you may wish to consider purchasing AppleTV instead -- otherwise this is a great solution.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got this for my brother so he can play movies from his phone on his TV. Worked with no problems until he lost it.Published on January 19, 2014 by Brian
It is a great product, but it only work with the Ipod Video, it won`t work with my new Ipod ClassicPublished on December 5, 2011 by Jesus Armando
Only audio works. Thats all its good for. They were suppose to send me another one. Never did.Published on October 20, 2010 by Febe
Plugged into Ipod and guess what! Audio and video came out the other end! A little spendy but what can ya do?Published on February 22, 2007 by blues boy