4-Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Audioengine A5+ Active 2-Way Speakers (Black)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Built-in power amplifiers, 50 watt per channel RMS
- Compatible with any computer (Mac or PC)
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Improved thermal management
- Remote control, 1/8" and RCA inputs, USB power, all cables included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Audioengine A5+ Premium Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Started in 2005, Audioengine is an independent speaker company based in Austin, Texas that designs and builds high quality, easy to use audio gear.The flagship Audioengine A5+ speaker system has received numerous awards and accolades from audiophiles and reviewers around the world for the incredible performance at an unbeatable price.
The A5+ was designed by the Audioengine team as an all-in-one high performance speaker system that can easily connect to a computer, turntable, TV, gaming console, and more!
SMALL SPEAKERS, BIG BASS!
The flagship Audioengine A5+ set the standard for bookshelf systems and is the ideal option for your desktop or living room. Everyone knows the difference between custom-built, small batch products and the disappointment of mass-produced, plastic, over-marketed products. You won’t hear any enhanced super-mega-hyper-monster boomy bass from these powered speakers. The low end from the A5+ is real bass, very near to the originally-recorded music. From rap to classical to movies, you’ll get tight, punchy bass with an awesome growl that will make you smile – regardless of the volume level.
EASY CONNECTIONS AND AUDIOPHILE-GRADE COMPONENTS
All Audioengine powered speakers feature classic A/B analog amplifiers that are incredibly warm sounding and the preferred amplifier of audiophiles. Most consumer speakers use cheaper digital amps but Audioengine uses the best components possible to create the award-winning "Audioengine signature sound". Kevlar woofers, silk dome tweeters, and hand finished wood cabinets put these speakers at the top of their class. No software, apps, or plug-ins to install so the A5+ takes minutes to set up. Plug in your source via RCA or mini-jack, and for some additional low end punch use the variable RCA output to connect to any subwoofer, like the Audioengine S8.
The A5+ is an affordable, audiophile-grade system that was created by the Audioengine design team to be incredibly versatile. Use the A5+ with your favorite turntable, computer, Sonos Connect, gaming console, TV, or any component with mini-jack or RCA outputs!
HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
The Audioengine 5+ Premium Powered Speaker System delivers the audio performance and aesthetic quality expected from Audioengine and continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi. Even if you’re not an audio enthusiast your music will sound better!
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) bookshelf-style speaker system
- Power Output: 150W peak power total (50W RMS / 75W peak per channel), AES
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, RCA L/R
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out, USB (power/charge)
- Input Voltages: 115/240V, 50/60Hz manually switchable
- Amplifier Type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Drivers: 5″ Kevlar woofers, 3/4″ silk dome tweeters
- SNR: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- Frequency response: 50Hz-22kHz ±1.5dB
- Weight (both speakers): 25 lbs
- Dimensions: each speaker (HWD) 10.75″ x 7″ x 9″
Compare with similar items
Vanatoo Transparent Zero Powered Speakers (Black, Set of 2)
Audioengine A2+ White (Pr.) 2-way Powered Speaker System
Audioengine A5+ Limited Edition Premium Powered Desktop Speaker Package (Black) With B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver
Audioengine HD3 Powered Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) Cherry
Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker & S8 Subwoofer Bundle - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Kraft Street Audio||Vanatoo LLC||DEDICATED AUDIO||OneCall||ListenUp||OneCall|
|Item Dimensions||7.75 x 7 x 10.75 in||7.75 x 4.75 x 7.5 in||5.51 x 4.33 x 6.3 in||—||11.81 x 8.86 x 11.61 in||29 x 22 x 19 in|
|Item Weight||25 lbs||8.5 lbs||7.72 lbs||—||9.92 lbs||—|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've recently worked on improving the sound quality of my audio system in my home office. I ripped all of my CDs into AIFF format via iTunes, and I purchased the Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC and Schiit Magni 2 Uber Amp to condition the sound between my Mac Pro and the speakers. But, the 2+ didn't seem to churn out the clarity and depth of the music in the way I had hoped, so I decided to do some research on a new pair of desktop computer speakers.
I was looking for a pair of high quality speakers that wouldn't leave a permanent scar on my wallet. I settled on the Audioengine 5+ as a good balance of quality vs. price.
I'm very pleased with the purchase. As I had hoped, the 5+ do a far better job at higher volume than the 2+. The 5+ produce a nice, crisp and clear reproduction of my music throughout the sound range.
They aren't small speakers...for a pair of "desktop" computer speakers, they are quite large, probably about three times the size of the 2+. But if you have the space on your desktop, they do a fantastic job of producing a deep wall of sound which wraps around your computer screen.
I like that the 5+ has a volume knob on the front of the main speaker, although it turns without a stop...so you don't really know how low or high the volume is until you listen to the output. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning nonetheless.
If you purchase these, I strongly recommend getting the Audioengine S8 subwoofer...it nicely rounds out the low end and allows the 5+ to do what they do best: produce mid and high range sound. I tried using these without the sub just for comparison purposes, and the difference was striking. The 5+ alone do not do an adequate job driving the bass once you've heard them with the S8.
Also, I'd recommend getting an external amp to hookup between your computer and the speakers. For only around a hundred bucks, an external amp (like the Schiit Magni 2 Uber) nicely boosts the sound through the 5+.
These speakers were designed to handle relatively high volume, but the built-in amp in the main speaker doesn't adequately drive the sound. At least not to my untrained ears. An external amp swiftly solves that issue.
If you value high-quality reproduction of your music while working at your desktop computer, you can't go wrong with the 5+.
If you share a wall with a neighbor you might not be able to use the subwoofer much. Without the subwoofer in my small bathroom the bass is so-so but for sure not strong enough for my taste - it’s MUCH better with the subwoofer.
As you can see in the pics it's a bit much to fit on my master bathroom counter but I wouldn't be happy with less.
Two small downsides on the subwoofer:
• A remote would be very helpful to adjust the subwoofer volume.
• It's difficult to see the notch on the dials to make adjustments. I made a white mark with a white Sharpie (Sharpie Extra Fine Point Poster Paint Marker-White).
Other products pictured that I recommend:
• Adjustable standing/sitting desk: Crank Adjustable Sit to Stand Up Desk with Heavy Duty Steel Frame (60", Silver Frame/Black Top)
• Tripp Lite Isobar Surge Protector Power Strip: Tripp Lite Isobar 4 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 6ft Cord Right Angle Plug, & $50K INSURANCE (ISOBAR4ULTRA)
• Motion Sensor USB Rechargeable Lights: Wardrobe Light, OxyLED Motion Sensor Closet Lights, 20 LED Under-Cabinet Lightening, USB Rechargeable Stick-on Stairs Step Light Bar, LED Night Light, Safe Light with Magnetic Strip, 3-pack, T-02U
• Pyle Subwoofer Sound Isolation Platform: Pyle PSi15 Acoustic Subwoofer Sound Isolation Platform Dampening Recoil Stabilizer Speaker Riser Platform Base (for Studio Monitor, Subwoofer, Loudspeakers, Shelf Speakers, etc.) 15'' x 15'', Single Unit
• Audioengine Desktop Speaker Stands: Audioengine DS2 Desktop Speaker Stands (Pair)