Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 147 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,086 reviews
on May 15, 2017
One of the premier rock voices of our age, mixed with a pure powerhouse line up. Loved this when it came out and love it more now that I can spin the album in my listening area.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 10, 2004
This is a terrific album. Chris Cornell has got one of the best voices in rock today, Tom Morello on guitar is full of energy and creative but classic riffs, and Wilk and Commerford on drums and bass make sure you will be banging your head long after your neck muscles have given out. There are times when Cornell's voice sounds like an instrument, and the synergy of these four guys is heavy and gorgeous. I'd say this strong vocal-guitar duo with blues-based rock and strong beats is quite reminiscent of the classic Led Zeppelin dynamic. Production gives the group a full sound with a garage echo. Cover art is by Storm Thorgerson, who has done work for Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. Booklet includes lyrics.
Usually when I buy a new album I upload 3 to 5 songs to my computer -- from this album I ripped 10 of 14 songs. My favorites are Show Me How to Live, What You Are, Gasoline, Bring Em Back Alive and The Last Remaining Light. As well as having excellent vocals and playing, the lyrics are interesting and mature -- not just of the "gotta have you, baby" variety. Shadow of the Sun starts out over a subdued and lyrical guitar lick, "Once upon a time/I was of a mind/to lay your burden down." What lovely phrasing. And how can you hear "Now you've found another slave/Now I'm free from what you want/Now I'm free from what you need/Now I'm free from what you are" (from What You Are) and not think this is rock at its very best? I think this album will stand the test of time. I've been listening to it over and over for weeks, and it always makes me want to move and sing along and bang my head against a wall. Isn't that what rock is supposed to do?
Awesome, passionate rock.
on August 20, 2005
I cannot resist this band and will always buy their cds any time they release one, no question. If you're mad or vindictive, and are seeking retribution, I think this could be your band, too. ;)

I think I like almost every song, and they have songs I can listen to over and over and get stuck in my head and I don't even mind. Isn't that a rare thing? I wake up with their music in my head and it colors the landscape of my dreams. They are not trendy, in my mind, since I bought the first cd when it came out, and I always come back to it. They have music good for dark days, and some for better days when you just need something mildly devious and just want to smile knowingly. I would go into a burning building to get their cds out, or buy them again if they were stolen, taking solace that the thief likes good music too.

Do not abandon hope; there is great music out there that will speak to you, if not for you, when you have no voice at all.

Buy this if your soul is wounded and angry. It has helped me heal.
on January 6, 2017
Wonderful clean sounding pressing...
on June 21, 2017
The case (as always) comes with some scratches. But i still can rock it out
on June 9, 2017
Good, not bad but not great either.
Good music
on June 9, 2017
Love
on January 31, 2016
Best Audioslave album by far.. There isn't a bad song on this one!
on May 31, 2013
So many great songs. The innovative and funky yet hard hitting rock riffs from Tom Morello combined with the perfectly driven bass compliments from Tim C. driven by the percussive punishment of Brad Wilk make for a great sonic experience. The aforementioned trio formed the music that made Rage Against the Machine such a great and influential band. This power trio combined with the soaring vocals of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell make up an entirely different style of music than fans of Rage or Soundgarden are used to, but the end result is a real treat to listen and move to.