Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on November 25, 2011
This is a textbook about auditing; you cannot expect it to be an easy read. It gets dry sometimes and hard to visualize or conceptualize. It intends to give a general and introductory understanding of what auditing is and does a much better job when compared to other books in the market. Nobody should expect to learn "apply-by-Monday-morning" skills from an auditing textbook; there is no such thing. However, this book has very good chapters on statistical sampling theory and methods of determining the audit samples. Fraud-related examples, kiting demonstrations can be very useful and are easy to understand. I think it is an okay textbook. Minus one star for being repetitive sometimes, minus one star for focusing primarily on public accounting. Overall: if your instructor asked you to buy it, kudos to the instructor; there are really awful auditing textbooks out there; you can survive this one and learn a lot if you are really interested. For CPA prospects: if you are a textbook person this might be a good start, but it will not be sufficient.
on July 12, 2013
I ordered this book knowing full well that it was a used product but the condition of this book was pathetic. Chapter 1, 20, the glossary, and the supplemental financial statements were all missing from the book. I don't mind the highlighting and books being rough around the edges when buying something used, but selling something that is missing whole chapters is ridiculous. I found the actual content of the book to be informative and easy to read overall.
on March 13, 2011
If I had known this was the textbook we were going to use for my required Auditing class, I would have said "to hell with it, I'm not graduating".

Like someone else said, the meat of the contents were put off to the side in a teeny tiny table. The things my professor tested were the things in size 6 font tables (we typically type our essays in size 12 font, in case you didn't know and it puts some perspective into things).

What I think I paid for is whatever the authors could fit into 575 pages without a second editing. Sure the book was run through a spellcheck, since all periods and T's seem to be crossed, but I doubt they cared for much else. Which meant that reading this book is worse than cleaning a porta-potty for the first time in 10 years.

To simplify things, lets pretend this book is a book about the 'sky'. Here's how a typical chapter would sound:

This book is going to tell you about the sky. So we are first going to tell you the color. But this color is no ordinary color, it is specifically the color of the sky. We kid you not. Also, please note that the sky is up. Because the sky is up, it is not down. The sky is sometimes blue, but other times it's gray, red, yellow, and even white or purple or green depending on what's in the sky. If you put a kite into the sky, well, then there could be other colors in the sky.

Now let's also pretend you bought the book because it was advertised as being very informative of the atmospheric pressure of the sky. Well, looks like you just blew $200 bucks, because there is nothing relevant, save for a table with font so tiny that it stresses the eye.

I've kept all my accounting books, even introduction to accounting, but this is the one book I won't be keeping. Thank you for wasting my time and making Auditing unappealing to the masses.

Oh and, please don't buy this book unless you have to. My professor even said that while we should read the book, we shouldn't rely on it, and it's only required because SHE is required to assign us this textbook. Bummer for me. +$200 for them.
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2014
This is a good text that indicates the procedures of an audit in a very organized way that is presented in a way that represents real-life audits.
on February 22, 2015
Everything is Awesome!!!
on April 23, 2010
This is a good textbook for the topic. It could use more concrete examples to illuminate the technical points. I'd rate it 4.5 if partial stars were allowed.
on January 15, 2011
Book was Brand new with ACL CD. But did not come with Earthwear Online product registration code. Therefore, It should have been cheaper.
on June 1, 2010
can't say more than the tile...after the whole term finishes, the book makes me more confused...
on January 14, 2012
The delivery schedule of this product was just as advertised. I bought this book for an upcoming class, and buying through Amazon saved me both time and money in preparation for this class. I was very impressed by the condition of the used book, and especially by the speed of the delivery. Good job!
on January 16, 2012
I think I received a great bargain when ordering this book. It arrived really quickly and has been a joy since then to have. Great seller. Easy transaction.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse