Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 26, 2012
Note: I ordered this item along with another product on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving Day) at 2:09am with Free Super Saver Shipping using my Amazon.con e-gift certificate balance and this calendar arrived the next day.
Begin the New Year of 2013 with the Audubon Engagement Calendar. I have bought this calendar for many years and now always from This 9.2" x 6.3" calendar comes tightly sealed in a hardy ready-to-mail box for a gift for someone, but be sure to buy one for yourself too. Just write in the sender's return address and receiver's address, add the proper postage from your post office and it's ready for air-mail.
Begins on Monday, December 31, 2012 to Sunday, January 5, 2014. Inside the weekly calendar are 55 original photographs of nature with an informative description of each photo, location, and the name of the photographer.
The lettering of the months, days and numbers are big enough to read. Each entry of the day has a space of 6" wide and 1" high to write your appointments, meetings, video conferences, travel and airport dates, hotel information, phone numbers, birthdays, anniversaries, dates to pay bills, as well as, make a note of to watch your favorite tv show, movie releases and DVD releases, podcasts and webcasts. The wire-ring bounded calendar can also be used as a daily diary or journal.
Included are American holidays and some holidays observed in Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, Scotland and the United Kingdom. Also International holidays, religious, Christian and Jewish holidays. Moon phases, Equinox and Solstice.
Back pages include information about Audubon, important bird areas and finding the flyways, Audubon Directory including state offices and center & sanctuaries, perpetual calendar of 2012, 2013, 2014, a couple of lined pages for notes or tasty recipes.
A new feature is a free online "Page-A-Day" calendar for download or email. The details are inside.
Buy these calendars for your employees.
Printed on FSC-certified paper from responsible sources.
on December 9, 2012
I've been buying weekly planners with nature photography for several years and this is my first year w/ the Audubon. It's beautiful! It is unique in that the photographs are full-page - there are no margins! So the picture is just bigger. All the other calendars I've tried have a photo, sometimes very small, in the middle of a white page, which I really dislike. I get the calendar to look at pictures, so I really really like how the photos here are full-page. There is an equal mix of landscapes, animals and up-close nature (like flowers). Photographs are from all over the world. Great quality.
on January 25, 2013
I bought one for myself and one for a gift. This type of calendar is just great, not only for keeping important appointments and dates noted, but there is plenty of room to jot notes about weather, what birds are in your yard, what flowers are blooming, and other notes of interest that you might want to refer to from year to year for comparison. I love comparing snow fall amounts and dates, temp highs and lows, and dates of arrival of migratory birds, dates I go hiking and where, what trails are snow-free, or conversely, where and how many miles I go x/c skiing. Photos are stunning and pages are thick enough so ink will not bleed through...even if you use a Sharpie.
on November 13, 2012
I have been buying the Audubon Engagement Calendar for years. It suits me perfectly for a number of reasons. First, the pictures are gorgeous. There is room to write on the space for each day all across the right side of the book. The paper is nice and sturdy. But what I like the most is that there is a picture on the left side of every page. When I make an appointment, I clip the appointment card to the left side of the page, opposite the note that I have written about the appointment.
on March 17, 2013
I've used these engagement calendars 20 years. I use them as a short diary. They remind me when I got a procedure done at the doc or dentist. What sets off an alergy reaction or sick stomach. Also I have almost instant recall about an incident at work that has served me well. There is just enough space to write a couple of sentences describing my day. The calendar was delivered fast and is one of my favorites. Who knows? I might want to write a book someday
on January 2, 2013
As in previous years, the Audubon Engagement Calendar 2013 is exquisitely lovely. Formatted for beauty and efficiency, it's the perfect desktop calendar. There's plenty of room to write daily notes and reminders, the spiral binding allows the book to lie flat on the desk top and stay open until it is closed. Photos are on every page throughout the book. I would recommended this to anyone and would give as a gift.
on October 15, 2012
I confess I'm an engagement calendar junkie. Each year I get two: Audubon's & the Sierra Club'sSierra Club 2013 Engagement Calendar. I'm a psychotherapist, and one wall of my office -- the wall facing me as I work with clients -- is bookshelves. I have several years' worth of Audubons & Sierra Clubs facing me on those shelves, enjoying their pictures year after year.

This year, as always, the Audubon gives me a different, but still beautiful take on nature. Both Sierra Club and Audubon have pleasing variety. But as you might expect, Sierra Club concentrates more on the land -- landscape vistas -- and Audubon concentrates more on species -- animals and plants, especially animals. Audubon is more international, too. Perhaps especially this year.

Highlights, for me, in this year's Audubon include the picture on the cover: a Florida egret displaying. Other especially attractive pictures are mother/child giraffe, two Sumatran tigers, a wonderful New Zealand creek abundant with ferns and tree ferns, an exciting face-on mountain lion running in the snow, a colorful pair of European bee-eaters (small birds related to our kingfishers), a landscape of sea pinks coming down to the sea in Cornwall, and a low-angled sun (not sure if it's dawn or dusk) over the Grand Canyon.

There are, of course, many more.

If you insist on getting only one engagement calendar, either Audubon or Sierra Club are great. Be guided by your own tastes -- landscapes or species.

But why not indulge and enjoy both throughout the year and beyond!
on February 17, 2013
This Engagement Calendar is of great quality but yet a great value!! How often can you say that about a product?!
This was a gift. I made baskets & filled them with: Audubon Calendar, Audubon field guide, Audubon bookmarks, oragami cranes, silk flowers, pine cones, Audubon Birds of America Tiny Folio, bottle of wine, bird seed. These baskets were gifted to two friends who are avid bird watchers/nature lovers. This was a huge hit!!! Everyone at the party was commenting on MY gifts when there was a huge table full of gifts!!! Quality & Value!!!
on April 12, 2013
I hate to give this calendar only two stars because it is actually a beautiful calendar and one I like to use every year. However I recently discovered that the dates in mid-May, 2013 are incorrect, starting on Sunday, May 12, The calendar lists this date as May 14, and all the following dates for the month of May are thus incorrect by two days, I have just now checked further and the same mistake has occurred in the month of July, e.g., Sunday, July 14th is listed on the Audubon calendar as July 12th and thus the remaining dates in July are also incorrect.
I sincerely hope that the publishers of this calendar will not repeat these mistakes on future calendars as I would like to continue to purchase them - if they are indeed correct!
Thank you.
on January 3, 2013
I've used this calendar for many years and have always felt the outstanding photography is a huge asset (since I love superb nature shots). The paper is glossy, so you need a gel pen or other "flow" pen to write on it without skipping. I like the fact that the 7 days per page shown start with Monday.