Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Audubon Torpedo Steel Squirrel Baffle Model NATORPEDO" and save 16% off the $28.70 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.20 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Audubon Torpedo Steel Squirrel Baffle Model NATORPEDO
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Torpedo shaped steel squirrel baffle
- Made of textured powder-coated steel
- Includes coupler for mounting to any pole 1/2" to 1 3/8" in diameter
- Torpedo baffle is 6-inch in diameter
- The baffle is a “slide on”.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This squirrel baffle is made of powder-coated steel. Includes coupler for mounting to any pole 1/2" to 1 3/8" in diameter. Torpedo baffle is 6-inch in diameter. Pole mount squirrel baffle below feeder about 4 to 5 ft above the ground with included coupler. Allows birds to feed while preventing access to squirrels and other critters. The baffle is a “slide on”. One needs to remove the feeder and slip over the top on a one- piece pole.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That said, the product is very well made and has indeed "baffled" our squirrels who desperately want to get up to the seed and suet feeders. It is also better looking than the flared, saucer style baffles.
It is important to have a TALL pole (my new one is 7 or 8 feet) so you can place the baffle high enough so the squirrels can't run and jump on it. You also cannot put the pole close enough to fences, trees, railings, etc so that squirrels can simply jump over and use the baffle as a convenient landing pad. I think one of these issues is the problem with the small number of reviewers who said their squirrels defeated the baffle.
- one end of the feeder pole must be straight, so you can slide the baffle over the pole
- entire pole must be thin enough to fit through the hole in the baffle (about 1.5 inches)
- straight part pole must be at least 7 to 8 feet tall with no obstructions
- bottom of baffle must be at least 4 to 5 feet above level ground (higher is better). squirrels can jump straight up at least 5 feet, maybe a little more, it must be high enough that they cannot jump past 1/2 way up the baffle
- ground must be level, and there must be absolutely NO objects above ground level within a 12 foot or greater radius in all directions (farther is better). Squirrels can jump at least 12 feet horizontally, and even further if an object is taller than their target
- there must be no overhanging or tall objects within a 20 foot radius in all directions. squirrels can jump very far from a tall object, and can easily drop down from an overhanging object
- the lowest part of any bird feeder should be higher than the top of the baffle (assuming all other conditions in this list are met)
If you have all of these points met, the baffle should work perfectly for you.
I've had this set up for several days, and the squirrels have repeatedly tried, and failed, to reach the feeder. If installed correctly, under the proper conditions, this is an excellent product.