Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Audubon Torpedo Steel Squirrel Baffle Model NATORPEDO” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 35% off the $28.70 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.87 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Audubon Torpedo Steel Squirrel Baffle Model NATORPEDO
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Torpedo shaped steel squirrel baffle
- Made of textured powder-coated steel
- Includes coupler for mounting to any pole 1/2" to 1 3/8" in diameter
- Torpedo baffle is 6-inch in diameter
- The baffle is a “slide on”.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||15.75 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||2.75 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||NATORPEDO|
|Shipping Weight||2.4 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Audubon Torpedo Steel Squirrel Baffle Model NATORPEDO
GrayBunny GB-6844 Premium Bird Feeding Station Kit, 22" Wide x 91" Tall (82" above ground height), A Multi Feeder Hanging Kit and Bird Bath For Attracting Wild Birds B01EM8MY22
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||GrayBunny||Amazon.com||Squirrel Stopper LLC|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 6 x 15.75 in||2 x 22 x 91 in||13.75 x 13.75 x 5.5 in||36 x 36 x 96 in|
This squirrel baffle is made of powder-coated steel. Includes coupler for mounting to any pole 1/2" to 1 3/8" in diameter. Torpedo baffle is 6-inch in diameter. Pole mount squirrel baffle below feeder about 4 to 5 ft above the ground with included coupler. Allows birds to feed while preventing access to squirrels and other critters. The baffle is a “slide on”. One needs to remove the feeder and slip over the top on a one- piece pole.
Top Customer Reviews
That said, the product is very well made and has indeed "baffled" our squirrels who desperately want to get up to the seed and suet feeders. It is also better looking than the flared, saucer style baffles.
It is important to have a TALL pole (my new one is 7 or 8 feet) so you can place the baffle high enough so the squirrels can't run and jump on it. You also cannot put the pole close enough to fences, trees, railings, etc so that squirrels can simply jump over and use the baffle as a convenient landing pad. I think one of these issues is the problem with the small number of reviewers who said their squirrels defeated the baffle.
My bird feeder is on a pole in the middle of my yard, away from fences and trees. If the squirrels are jumping onto your feeder from anywhere but the ground this product will probably not work for you.
- one end of the feeder pole must be straight, so you can slide the baffle over the pole
- entire pole must be thin enough to fit through the hole in the baffle (about 1.5 inches)
- straight part pole must be at least 7 to 8 feet tall with no obstructions
- bottom of baffle must be at least 4 to 5 feet above level ground (higher is better). squirrels can jump straight up at least 5 feet, maybe a little more, it must be high enough that they cannot jump past 1/2 way up the baffle
- ground must be level, and there must be absolutely NO objects above ground level within a 12 foot or greater radius in all directions (farther is better). Squirrels can jump at least 12 feet horizontally, and even further if an object is taller than their target
- there must be no overhanging or tall objects within a 20 foot radius in all directions. squirrels can jump very far from a tall object, and can easily drop down from an overhanging object
- the lowest part of any bird feeder should be higher than the top of the baffle (assuming all other conditions in this list are met)
If you have all of these points met, the baffle should work perfectly for you.
I've had this set up for several days, and the squirrels have repeatedly tried, and failed, to reach the feeder. If installed correctly, under the proper conditions, this is an excellent product.