Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on February 12, 2013
Keep in mind I've only had this for a few hours, but really like it so far.

I'm fairly technical, so I had no problems setting it up. It defaults to its own network, so you join it with your computer, configure it to your home network, then listen.

I listen mostly to Pandora via a Mac while I work at home in the kitchen. Even streamed music like Pandora sounds very good on it. Bass is good but not over-powering. Clear sound otherwise.

In two hours of listening, I have not had one audio drop, but I do have a robust network. Rarely do I have those kind of problems.

I like the size, it's very unassuming on my kitchen baker's rack and.....NO LIGHTS THAT I CAN SEE! I really hate it that so many devices these days have these bright blue lights on them. I don't use it in the bedroom, but I have so many other devices I have to cover up in my bedroom, it's annoying. I like sleeping in the dark.

So simple. Volume knob on top, but it seems to sync with your Airplay device. So you can turn it down at the speaker, or turn it down at your Airplay device and each device seems to know the volume has changed. No chance of turning it up too loud by accident.

Do not think this can take the place of major speakers in a large room, but I really like it for casual listening in the kitchen while I work or cook.

I plan to purchase two more of these, one for the bathroom while I shave and get ready for work, and another for the garage while I work out there. May also get one for the bedroom. I use a great program called Airfoil on my Mac which allows me to stream any sound source on my Mac, to multiple speakers around the house. Thus, I can stream Pandora, or Spotify to every room where I have these speakers, or Apple TVs.

Superior to Bluetooth for providing whole house stereo. I think Bluetooth is OK if you use only one device, but pairing with multiple devices is annoying. Don't have to do that with these.

So, 5 stars so far!

UPdate 4/22/2013 - Has been working pretty much perfect since I got it. I am going to purchase another.
on August 20, 2016
This is the best AirPlay speaker you can buy. It has AMAZING room filling sound with deep lows and nice highs. I've had 3 for over 5 years and they're still going strong, so don't listen to the haters. This is by far the most underrated speaker on Amazon. Anyone who says they have connectivity problems probably have crappy routers or haven't updated their router firmware. Here's my setup: I basically hacked together my own Sonos system using 3 of these speakers and a sound bar and Airfoil on my Mac. I live in a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2400 sq ft house. My computer and router are upstairs and two of my Audyssey speakers are down stairs. The signal has to travel through many walls and I almost never have connection issues. I did have connection issues in the past, but when I upgraded my router, firmware, etc, those issues disappeared. I started out with one of these and it was so good I bought another and then another. Buy it! But make sure your wifi is up to the task so you're not frustrated.
on February 22, 2014
The Audyssey is by far the best sounding AirPlay speaker that I have, and I have many (2 JBL OnBeats, a Klipsch G-17, and an iHome iW2BC). The bass is plentiful and not muddled. I do not listen to "thump"-type music and I do not find it overpowering as some reviewers do. If you like good, strong bass, you will like it.

However, it suffers the same flaw that all airplay speakers seem to have, and that is spotty connections. When it works, it is solid, but sometimes it won't connect, or it will play for a few seconds, cut out, play, cut out, etc. This is really annoying. But I have yet to fine an airplay speaker that does not have this issue. So only four stars.

One thing that I did that helped was beef up my wireless network. I added a second router in bridge mode and put it where the wireless signal wasn't very strong. Even if you get a decent internet connection and have an otherwise good wireless signal, you may not have a good enough signal for airplay. I find that airplay is almost perfect on my home AVR units, which are hard-wired to the network. They seem to immediately pick up and never drop the music, so I am pretty sure this is a wireless signal strength issue. I wish the Audyssey had an ethernet port like the iHome. It would be nice for those of us who are more wired and less dependent on wireless.

I'd like to try Sonos, but the price has kept me away.
on February 14, 2015
Don't buy this! After using it for a year and a month, it stopped working. When I plug it in, there are no lights, sound, etc. When it did work, it was very inconsistent. Some days it connected well via airplay with my iPhone 6 and other days it did not not. Most of the time when it was connected, it kicked my phone off of airplay and then I would have to reconfigure the system on the audio dock, which was an annoyingly long process. Most of the time I resorted to using the aux cable, which defeated the purpose of buying a wireless speaker. Do not buy it. It is a waste of money.
on January 31, 2014
I have the Audyssey bluetooth tooth speaker (South of Market) that I love. I decided to get the Air Dock to replace it. The bluetooth speaker works better in the basement as my wifi is spotty down there. The Air Dock was super easy to set up. Just make sure you keep the user guide around so you have the web address just in case it gets dropped off of your wifi (I had this happen once and panicked because I thought my husband threw away the guide and I could not find the address on the net). The sound is so awesome you will love it!!
on March 20, 2013
I am still puzzled, why it is still not really mass product yet?
Well build, great sound (especially on bass side), small size, reasonably priced (try to compare to other reputable brands of same class product). Over 1 year working well on my master bad room.
WiFi pairing could be slightly tricky, but if you have at least basic IT skill, then should be ok to get it,
Highly recommend.
on November 5, 2012
This has been a difficult process. I have contacted their customer service twice and they couldn't,get I t resolved.
A friend finally got it paired up and working but now it will not stay paired up with mr router, I have to redo the process each time to get it working
Good sound when it works but not a very smooth process.
Joe Brunell
on December 1, 2013
Look, I read some the reviews listed here. All I can say, is that I have owned this air play speaker for nearly a year. Without exception everyone that has heard it in my house cannot believe this much sound can come that little box. The base could be too much for some, but if you enjoy hard crisp room filling sound give this try. It connected to my iPhone and iPad quickly and hasn't quit since.
on February 3, 2016
I use it in Europe and it works only in USA tension. I think this modern gatget should have bitention charger. The sound is great and clear even in the high position.
on July 11, 2012
I purchased this after several good reviews from other sites. We received the speaker and proceeded to set it up. After several tries it would not connect. Reading the fine print and troubleshooting information. You must use WPA, WEP will not work on the security. Once that was fixed all was well. Sound quality was great and using airplay from any of our devices is awesome. This went on for 2 weeks. Then we deiced to un-plug and move the speaker to another location. This is when things quit working. After hours of troubleshooting and trying to get with tech support( which is very slow to answer messages weeks). I finally returned to Amazon for a replacement. We will have to wait and see how the replacement holds up.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.