3 Year Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
August DTA240 High Gain Digital TV Aerial - Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital Antenna for USB TV Tuner / ATSC Television / DAB Radio - With Magnetic Base
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
15% extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Daffodil US is the sole authorized seller of authentic August products on the amazon.com. Offers from other sellers are scamming attempts, counterfeit products or unauthorized reselling. To ensure your complete safety and the excellent service we strive to give our customers, please avoid purchasing from other sellers
- Standard coaxial cable - Ideal for use with all Digital ready devices,Compact and lightweight - Perfect for portable TV’s and multimedia players
- Magnetic base - Improve reception by harnessing large metal surfaces
- 4.9ft cable - Easy and flexible positioning for best reception
- Optimized for digital reception - Receive clear ATSC and radio broadcasting
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
August Portable Digital Antenna
1. Receives free High Definition TV broadcast signals (such as ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, The CW, and PBS). Supports 1080p HD.
2. Can be easily hidden from view behind a picture, bookshelf or television.
3. Fast setup in 3 easy steps – Unwrap, Plug in, and Scan channels.
4. Easy to place high on a window or wall or flat on a table for great reception to watch crystal clear HD shows!.
1. If you are using a flat screen HDTV, please check your TV's manual to make sure your TV has a built-in tuner for receiving over-the-air broadcasts.
2. You should retune your TV and digital box from time to time to ensure you are receiving all available services. Retuning takes only a few minutes and can be done with your remote control.
3. Make sure your tuner can receive HD signals, otherwise you won't be able to receive and watch HD channels.
4. Signal quality determines how many channels you can receive as well as picture quality. Once you receive the antenna, hook it up to your TV, and try moving it around your home to find the placement with the best signal. You might be surprised how many HD channels you can receive!
5. Capable of receiving frequencies of VHF 174-230MHz and UHF 470-860MHz it is ideal for both ATSC broadcasting.
6. All of our antennas have a 12 months warranty. If you are not satisfied with the amount of channels you are receiving, please contact us so we may immediately assist you and help to solve any problems you have.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For me this is a 1 star antenna which I gave 2 stars because it may work well for open, straight-line distance reception which may benefit from this "high gain" antenna. It is small for tight locations and has a magnet to hold it in place. BTW: The magnet is supposed to help reception which I found not to be true. I guess, although my "line-of-sight" to our broadcast antenna(s) is a straight line, homes and businesses interfere with this antenna which may be more suited for totally flat grounds in open space areas.
I bought this to use when testing tv tuners and setting things up. So I had very modest expectations. My mohu leaf antenna picks up 50+ stations. This picks up the three main broadcasters ONLY. So it works, and at least inside a metropolitan area will probably let you pick up the strongest signals. But, do not expect anything else.
"high gain" is baloney.
This is a standard, quarter-wave monopole antenna, without a signal amplifier. Nothing special. Accordingly, it has the gain of a normal monopole antenna - 3 dB (decibels) over the half-wave dipole, or 5.19 dBi (decibels isotropic). A true high-gain antenna has at least 6 dB (8.19 dBi).
The antenna picks up strong signals, however, weak(er) signals are not picked up reliably: the image/sound becomes garbled if the antenna is moved to different locations or someone moves around. How high will the antenna be raised also contributes to the receiving success - the higher the antenna, the better the reception. It is acceptable for portable applications, but inadequate for stationary conditions other than the one stated above (strong signal)
So for that I award five stars and the suggestion that since it is relatively inexpensive, digital radio listeners might want to try it out. I wish that I had done so years ago. I think that Amazon should give this some recognition in its product description.