Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Vaporizer kit
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on June 18, 2010
This a well-designed unit that is easy to use. The construction quality is pretty good and it seems from the onset that it will last a long time if taken care of, unlike some other similar products I've purchased. The directions say to put one drop of the essential oil on the pad when using the unit. I've found that two drops is optimal but that is just preference. This unit comes with one standard-size bottle of Aura Cacia brand Lavender Essence oil, which is an oil used for calming (the description doesn't tell you which scent you're getting). It also comes with a handy guide to oils and their uses if you don't already know. There are two settings, high and low on the unit. It's not overly noisy. My husband has a small fan he likes to have run while he is sleeping but it annoys me greatly and after he falls asleep I unplug it. However, this unit isn't noisy enough to bother me despite my annoyance from the small fan's noise. What I also like about this unit is that there are no lights on it, unlike other units; I like complete darkness when I sleep. You really don't have to buy a spare or replacement filter for the unit unless yours gets damaged or lost since after each use, all of the oil is atomized and the pad is clean for another scent.
55 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2011
I love this little vaporizer! It works really well--the scent is strong and pure from one single drop. It is safe, as there is no heat. And it serves as a white noise generator if you put it on the "high" setting...it's not super loud, but loud enough to disguise household noises while my twin babies are sleeping. The low setting is quiet and diffuses the scent just as well. The scent pad is large, so you can use it for several different scents. I thought I would need to buy several, but I see now that the scent gets completely diffused, so reusing the pad it came with will not be a problem. This is exactly what I wanted for my twins' room.
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2011
I am used to a window fan over the summer and love the quiet hum that drowns out other noises. I wanted something to throw a soothing scent in the air as well as have a nice noise over the colder months. This vaporizer has a high and low setting and the low is barely noticeable and the high still not considered loud. I have a small master bedroom (11 x 13) and it emits a nice fragrance into the air while we sleep throughout the night. I used peppermint and lemon one night and could not sleep a wink, my bad, I know better. It is nice soothing fragrances from now on, lavender being a favorite and Thieves Oil if anyone is feeling under the weather.
on February 28, 2013
Been looking for something safe and not have to worry about water levels .
This was a good find. I have allergies, with this machine turned on and it's vapors spreading my room( I like eucalyptus ) I sleep like a baby: wake up with no congestion whatsoever ever and I feel great!
Highly recommend this for kids ir adults who have allergies.
on June 16, 2013
Product is a fan with a pad insert. Place a few drops on the pad and the air passes through it. The aroma lasts about 15 minutes and then dissipates. It works okay but I wasn't impressed with the results.
on June 10, 2012
I am always very delighted with all my purchases from Amazon. This product, however is a little questionable. I so enjoy the scents of essential oils. I do find the Aura Cacia Diffuser doe's not produce "lasting" aroma for too long.
on February 10, 2011
I was really looking forward to receiving this item. It looked very promising. However once I received it I was a little let down. I don't think it's worth the price. It's just a small plastic fan. The essential oil is placed onto a disc on the underside and a small fan circulates air up through the device and the scent is distributed. The scent doesn't last very long.
on February 22, 2011
The product works just ok.. the smell of essentials oils disappears within 20 minutes or so. It works pretty well for the first 20 but then it stops diffusing the aroma. Did not meet my expectations.
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2011
I love this diffuser; mine is identical but branded as a Fan Fuser. It works perfectly except that the fan mechanism broke loose inside the unit when it was dropped; that's my fault, but that did knock my rating down a star for fragility. I need to get out the gorilla glue and do some reconstructive surgery... it was relatively easy to pry apart the glued housing to see what the problem was.

This one's especially nice for children's rooms, as there's no heat involved (which is also good for the therapeutic qualities of your oils) and no way to over-saturate the room with oil. Put on the number of drops you want diffused, turn it on, and leave the room for the entire night if you'd like.

I have two pads and have never used the second; as another reviewer mentioned, pure essential oils will evaporate almost entirely... leaving the pad ready to be used again. Users should not expect the scent to last forever, as once the oil has evaporated, the scent will be gone as well, and reapplication of the oil will be needed.

Price shopping might save you a bit over the Aura Cacia price... hint, hint. ;)
on November 21, 2012
First I really like the diffuser, it puts out alot of scent for only about 2 hrs. I have 4 dogs and like to have it run longer. I add a few drops more and get the strength I want. the fan is not loud at all. so all and all I like the product and have actuallythinking of getting another on for our bedroom.