Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 250 reviews
on January 9, 2017
I bought a box of these to try on my Meyer HD-1 monitors but the speakers are 15" deep and hung over the rear of these isolators too far for me to be comfortable.

You get four pad sets in a box so one box is enough for a pair of monitors. I like the way the angle can be adjusted by using the extra piece of foam that's included.

I am using them with a pair of Equator D-5 speakers, the pads handle the weight of these well. I have listened to the speakers with and without the pads in place. I don't hear any difference with or without them so I'm not sure about the claims of isolation. When I play the speakers loud and put my hand on the top of my mixing console meter bridge I can still feel quite a bit of vibration.

The biggest benefit is the adjustable angle, I like having the speakers tilted forward and down a little, I raised them from two stars to three because of the adjustable angle. If not for the angle adjustment I'd feel ripped off for buying these since quite a bit of vibration still seems to come through and I personally detected no difference in sound as a result of using these.

Good luck and good music to all!
on July 26, 2016
It took me a while to decide weather to buy the real things, a knock-off version of these or yoga blocks. Luckily, I found an amazon gift card that paid for almost the entire thing. I had no idea that the difference between these and something else was going to be so vast. First off, let me say that I am a DJ with KRK Rokit 6 G2 speakers. Not the worlds greatest speakers, but by far better than 99% of any speakers I have ever heard. They were sitting on my desk behind my mixer and I was getting good sound, but it never had the perfect tone I was expecting. These pads brought the sound off the desk and into my face. The 8 degree angle on these is perfect for the height I am off the desk and the response I was getting turned these monitors from an A to an A+. I will NEVER go back to anything besides these, and I will make sure that every speaker in my home is sitting on a pair of Auralex MoPADs.

Thank you for making such a great product!
on April 29, 2014
I bought these because my speakers are positioned on a hutch above my desk, I use these to point the speakers down on my listening position. Not only do they do a wonderful job angling the speakers at me they have also make a huge difference in bass response. I use a set of polk rt5 speakers and they have never sounded as good as now :)

Also as a note, the picture is a little misleading, as other reviewers are mentioning they do come with 4 of the pieces shown so put together they are sufficient for 2 decent sized bookshelf speakers or possibly 4 smaller speakers such as satellites.
review image
on May 9, 2014
I'm on a limited budget, and my nice PC setup, synthesizers, and studio monitors are on a plastic folding table as my desk. I'm sure you could imagine that this is not the acoustically optimum configuration. Even a moderate volume on my 8" Event 20/20BAS monitors would start everything on the desk buzzing. These pads have mostly eliminated that. Also, the way they bring the tweeters up to the level of my ears makes a very noticeable difference in stereo imaging. I've used these in the past on a desk that had two shelves up and to the sides of where the computer monitor goes, and this design lets you remove or rotate the foam wedge to adjust from flat level to two different downward angles (or, I suppose upward, if you flipped them around). Could you find a piece of foam and cut out your own? Probably. Would it be the right firmness to support a heavy set of monitors while still absorbing as much vibration as these do? Probably not.
on November 26, 2016
Chose these because they have the highest angle possible of all the iso foams I researched. These angle up to 8 degrees (foam is 2.75" tall on the highest side).

These work. Definitely cut the unwanted extra bass I was getting from just having my speakers sit on my desk (and the angle points them right at my ears, without having to augment my desk). Not saying you can't get the same performance from any other foam, but good luck trying to make homemade ones look worth a damn.

Only negative for me is the seams between the pieces are difficult to get perfectly aligned so all of them together look like one piece (I'm OCD when it comes to that stuff). If you can find another brand that's one piece and fit your speakers, go for that...but I doubt they'll have a these angles.
on June 13, 2017
I was always skeptical of isolation pads because I never wanted to pay a lot for what is essentially styrofoam cutouts. Boy, was I wrong. The quality on these, as well as the one for my sub, is second to none. It definitely changed my perspective on music focal points and the benefits of having a room dedicated to music. I am no audio expert, but I can tell when something changes as drastically as these isolation pads did. I now want to rearrange my room layout to better my audio intake experience!
on August 4, 2016
5 stars for the actual product. Makes a WORLD of difference with my JBL LSR305's. If you don't already have some isolators, do it right now.

1 star for Auralex for how they market this. In the image and everywhere else they make you think you need two sets based on the dimensions they list, but each set ALREADY comes with 4 bases, enough for 2 monitors. So I ended up with 8 bases. I tried to return, but you can't return just 1 of the 2 packages, and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning everything just to buy the single set (that part's on me, I know). To me this seems shady, I don't know if I'm the only one.
on August 29, 2017
These work well! It's really helpful having so many configuration options. I'm using these with my KRK Rokit 5's, but they're versatile enough to work with a ton of different models. I haven't had any issues with these sliding. The only downside is the price - which is about 2x as expensive as other Amazon options. Overall, I'd say these are worth the price based on the quality - however, depending on your budget and needs, you may want to consider less expensive options.
on June 15, 2016
What a difference these pads made with my classic Bose 901 speakers. What I noticed at first was that the sound was less muddy, and more clear and defined. I didn't realize that they are sold as pairs (2 pads for each speaker) so I ordered two sets. However I was able to use the second set on my bedroom speakers and that made them sound better two. The pads are heavy duty and don't crush down under the weight of a large speaker. they can be adjusted to aim the speaker up or down slightly. I used them with the level configuration. Very happy and have reccommended these to my audiophile friends.
on April 16, 2014
I tried the cheap way first - cutting foam to shape and putting the speakers on it. Well, it looked bad and the foam didn't have a consistency to its strength, so it would sag in random places leaving the speakers leaning one direction or another.

I'm a perfectionist and a little OCD, so that wasn't going to work. I spent the bucks to buy these and was glad I did. They look fantastic, professional, and are firm enough to hold my nearly 20 lb Vanatoos.

I thought the box only came with two (as the picture shows), but it actually comes with EIGHT wedges. I use four for each speaker, two across and the top two inverse and upside down to create the flat surface. I like how the wedges are angled so if you'd like to angle your speakers you have that option as well.

These are all things you can't really do yourself very well with foam you cut yourself. Believe me I tried. If you don't care about presentation, appearance - or even effectiveness, by all means make some yourself. I'm entirely happy with this and would buy it again.