Auralex RC8 Resilient Channel in 25 Gauge Metal; Box of 24- 8' Lengths
- Reduces sound transmission from room during construction
- Product is used to hang drywall instead of attaching to studs
- RC-8 is made from 25 Gauge Steel
- Installation information provided
- Decouples drywall layer from the supporting stud structure to reduce sound transmission through walls
- performance of RC-8 can be enhanced using dual layers of differing thicknesses of drywall with a layer of Auralex SheetBlok in between
- For best sound isolation, Auralex recommends incorporating the following products into your room construction in the options shown above
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Auralex's RC-8 Resilient Channel is a specially-formed, sturdy metal device that, when used to hang drywall (instead of just attaching the drywall to the studs or joists), GREATLY improves the sound transmission characteristics of the wall or ceiling system.RC-8 should be installed horizontally at the bottom and top of your wall, then every 2' or less in between. Up to (2) layers of 5/8" drywall and a layer of SheetBlok may be hung on RC-8, even on a ceiling.RC-8 is available in handy 8' lengths that are ground shippable. There are (24) 8' pieces per box. It's unbeatable!
From the Manufacturer
Auralex’s RC-8™ Resilient Channel is a specifically designed durable, yet flexible 25 gauge steel channel used to attach drywall indirectly to the supporting wall structure. This mechanical decoupling increases the sound transmission class of the wall or ceiling system. The performance of RC-8™ can be enhanced using dual layers of differing thicknesses of drywall with a layer of Auralex® SheetBlok™ in between.