- Brand Name: Auray
- Model Number: EPDMDR7506356
- Item Weight: 0.05 pounds
Auray Deluxe Velour Earpads (Pair)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Padded Velour for Comfort
- For Senal SMH-1000 Headphones
- For Audio Technica ATH-M30 Headphones
- For Sony MDR-7506/V6 Headphones
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I didn't like the idea of paying $20 bucks for a set of replacement pads, but I am so glad that I did. These pads fit PERFECTLY. Since putting them on, they have yet to fall off. They were actually very easy to put on.
I also didn't expect them to outperform the original pads. But wow, what a pleasant surprise. Two things that are greatly enhanced by these pads. They isolate sound much better than the stock pads. When people try to talk to me, I can only see their mouths move. I can't even hear a peep. And no one can hear what I am listening to. There is very little to no sound leakage, so I can blare my music without bothering those around me. Secondly,they are so comfortable. The open area of the pads is actually larger than the stock pads. And the pads themselves are a LOT thicker. I can't believe how comfortable these pads are. I have yet to have any sort of pain during extended use. The headphones almost feel like they are floating when I have them on. These greatly reduced the pinching feel that some with larger heads experience with the MDR-V6 cans.
$20 seems like a lot for these pads, but they are well worth the money.Read more ›
The Auray Deluxe EarPads seem to be well constructed. After installing:
* The Auray Deluxe EarPads on my vintage MDR-V6 headphones were about as comfortable as the Sony OEM pads they replaced. The replacement pads exerted about the same clamping force and were softer than the worn out cloth covered Sony OEM pads they replaced.
* The leakage of the Auray Deluxe EarPads on my vintage MDR-V6 headphones was about the same as the worn out cloth covered Sony OEM pads they replaced, but noticeably more than the leakage of my new 2014 MDR-V6 headphones (which have little if any leakage at normal listening levels).
* The isolation from external sounds of the Auray Deluxe EarPads on my vintage MDR-V6 headphones was about the same as as the worn out cloth Sony OEM pads they replaced, but noticeably less than the isolation of my new 2014 MDR-V6 headphones (which have very good isolation even at low listening levels).
* When new, the signature of my vintage MDR-V6 headphones was 25Hz to 10kHz +/- 3dB. The Auray Deluxe Earpads had a subtle impact on the signature of my vintage MDR-V6 headphones when compared to their signature when they were new.Read more ›
Installation takes some patience, but eventually, the retaining band will fit into the groove in the phone body.
I only replaced the OEM Sony pads because the plastic surface was cracked and was falling off. Hopefully, the soft cloth pads will hold up longer. They are a good fit on the MDR-7506's, although the ear opening in the Pearstone pads are slightly smaller in width than the OEM pads so may be slightly less comfortable for users with larger ears.
For 20 bucks, these pads make the old 7506's feel more like the extremely comfortable Shure SRH940's which are my current preferred closed-back headphones priced at less than $1000.
-- What makes these pads great: dense internal foam, soft fabric skin, more durable than the originals, slightly better ambient noise isolation.
-- Think about: the harder internal foam means the headphones press more firmly against your temples. For me at least, this makes the headset slightly less comfortable for long use compared to the original Sony earpads.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Should be labeled as an upgrade part,instead of replacement part. Sooo soft.Published 2 months ago by Mizunkey
I've had these on a pair of Sony MDR-7506's for over a good year now. Way more comfortable than the original vinyl... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Rohjay
These are more comfortable than the original Sony ear pads, and look like they'll hold up better. They're a tight fit, making them hard to get on initially, but once in place they... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Direwolf
One of my Best purchases so much more comfortable than originalPublished 16 months ago by Roberto Deoliveira
These are a wonderful upgrade from the original pads and I'd recommend them to any MDR-V6 user, even if their original pads weren't falling apart.Published 16 months ago by K. McNutt
Replaced the original ear pads on my Sony MDR 7506 today with the Auray Deluxe Velour Earpads.
When I opened the first package I had to go through the trial and error thing,... Read more
The pads are great! They replace my tattered old pads from my Sony's, but unfortunately they let sound through really easily. Even half volume is audible in a quiet room.Published 18 months ago by Isaac Smith