Add to your order
Enjoy fast, FREE delivery, exclusive deals and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime
Try Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery
Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping
99% positive over last 12 months
Auray ISO-ARMOR-2 Microphone Isolation Chamber
- Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges
- Learn more about free returns.
Purchase options and add-ons
- Reduces Ambient Noise & Room Reflections| Yields a More Dry, Direct Sound | Use Without Acoustic Treatment | Fits Microphone Diameters up to 2.3"
- High-Density, Open-Cell Acoustic Foam | Perforated Aluminum Shell | Built-In Nylon Pop Filter Screen| Integrated Suspension Mount | Lightweight and Compact
- Portable Isolation<br> Weighing only 1.4 lb, the ISO-ARMOR-2 is easily transportable and provides convenient, space-efficient isolation from distracting room noise and reflections for microphones with diameters up to 2.3"<br><br> Improved Vocal Tone<br> The deep microphone chamber aids in achieving a focused vocal sound void of excessive coloration from flutter echo and room reverb
- Special-Design Acoustic Foam<br> High-density, open-cell acoustic foam shields your microphone from unwanted indirect sounds such as echoes bouncing from wall to wall and noise from fans or air conditioners<br><br> Sleek Aluminum Shell<br> The perforated aluminum shell provides a modern look for "in-the-studio" photos and additional protection against sonic degradation from undesired off-axis sounds
- Integrated Sliding Pop Filter<br> The built-in, two-layer nylon pop filter minimizes destructive plosives, slides up and down for easy microphone access, and can be removed for close-proximity vocals<br><br> Includes Mounting Adapter<br> An included suspension mount neatly secures to the bottom of the ISO-ARMOR-2, keeps your microphone steady and stable, and decouples the mic from external vibrations and sympathetic resonance
Frequently bought together
The Auray ISO-ARMOR-2 is a portable microphone isolation chamber designed to deliver lightweight, compact, and effective acoustic isolation for vocalists, voice-over artists, podcasters, and audiobook narrators in acoustically untreated spaces such as homes, hotels, offices, and project studios. Its high-density, open-cell acoustic foam and perforated aluminum shell work together to reduce ambient noise and tone-coloring reflections. The resulting sound is more dry, direct, and controlled, making it ideal for strong, up-close vocal presence.
The integrated suspension mount ensures physical stability for your microphone and reduces noise from vibrations. Its cylindrical design and suspension bands allow you to securely mount mics up to 2.3” in diameter. A built-in removable pop filter slides up and down for quick access to the mic. The pop filter’s two layers of nylon provide protection against plosives, which can cause clipping and distracting pops in the sound.
Construction Material: Shield: Aluminum, Interior: High-density, open-cell acoustic foam
Compatibility: Fits microphones with diameters up to 2.3" / 58.4 mm
Dimensions (H x W x D): 7.2 x 8.0 x 7.0" / 184 x 203 x 178 mm
Weight: 1.4 lb / 0.6 kg
Package Weight: 1.95 lb
Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 8.5 x 8.0 x 7.7"
Compare with similar items
| || |
Microphone Pop Filter, Wind Shield Acoustic Filter for Record Studios, Mic Sound-Absorbing Foam Vocal Isolation Foam Ball Noise Canceling Sponge, Five-sided Sealing Design Microphone Windscreen
Micfuns Studio Microphone windscreen F3 microphone Wind Shield Pop Filter for 1.77 inch-2.36 inch Vocal Isolation Booth portable Studio Equipment, soundproof cover
Microphone Pop Filter, Wind Shield Acoustic Filter for Record Studios, Mic Sound-absorbing Foam, Vocal Isolation Foam Ball, Noise Canceling Sponge Microphone Windscreen
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||M Z Photo||Lentamy||Big Mike shang mao||Lentamy|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 8 x 7.2 inches||7.48 x 7.48 x 6.5 inches||8.66 x 8.27 x 7.09 inches||7.68 x 7.68 x 6.38 inches|
Reviewed in the United States on May 6, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I make videos on gaming as a hobby; nothing too extravagant in both set-up and equipment used. The Auray Iso-Armor-2 comes in handy as it would have cost me more to purchase enough acoustic tiles to treat my room. Not to mention I'm not in the position to be altering my room in such a fashion; even if it's just smacking a bunch of foam on the walls.
That said, this does a great job cutting out surrounding and background noise. Great example: my dad is a pretty loud talker. My bedroom with the door closed, and I can still hear him past a wall and a door on his computer roughly 25-30 ft away. Without this, my mic would easily pick up his voice. With this, you can easily miss it if you didn't know the background noise existed! So it definitely does the job of protecting the mic from background noise.
I've also used it whenever I had to be in online meetings. My neighborhood has it's random bouts of loud noises; revving cars or kids screaming their lungs out in the streets. As it is with my dad's voice; you can barely hear those background noises unless you were actively paying attention for such instances.
Unfortunately, it does go for $100. On the expensive side for most, I'm sure; but it does cost less to purchase enough acoustic foam tiles to smack onto your walls. And on the plus, it's effectiveness and sturdiness do somewhat make up for the pricing; though I only bought it because it was on sale and I had gift cards.
Another con is the size. There's no denying the Iso-Armor-2 is a bulky boy! It would require a pretty sturdy mic stand to withstand the weight and size; something that Auray does sell. However, a good workaround I've been using is simply a delivery box with a hole cut out from the top so that the bottom of a mic can fit through. It makes for a pretty sturdy, if not somewhat bulky, stand and costs practically nothing as you're just recycling a delivery box of adequate size.
Overall, it's a pretty sturdy and reliable piece of equipment. It does the only job it's tasked to do; to block out or severely cut down on background noises. The price is somewhat steep, but it's effectiveness and sturdy construction somewhat justifies the pricing. And as for a stand, just use an adequately sized delivery box.
Not a huge fan of the pop filter, there's still a noticeable amount of pop. I would love to jury rig a mount to let me use the filter that came with the mic along with the filter on the chamber.
Also, while they have a big shock mount pictured in the item photo, I wasn't able to use the nice shock mount included with my Rode mic, so I have to use a lower quality mount.
Does it work?
If you’re looking to get professional treated vocal booth level silence for your recordings, it obviously isn’t going to give you that, but this thing drastically improved my recording conditions after I moved and had to record in an untreated room. It not only decreases background noise, but it helps bring more accuracy to your vocals. What I mean by that is, it increases the strength of your vocals by refusing to let the sound escape in multiple directions during recording. If recording vocals, it helps the mic pick up the sound directly while deadening the noise and air around it. This makes the vocal come through fuller and clearer. I could go on about why I really enjoy having this little tool, but I’ll make it very clear for those unfamiliar with how these things work..
It will help make your vocals clearer, fuller and eliminate a good amount of background noise and unwanted reverb, echo and feedback.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on August 25, 2022