Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 30, 2011
After our last shredder stopped actually cutting paper and was simply creasing it, I ordered this one from amazon.

Overall I'm happy with it. The CD slot is helpful, as is the ability to open the lid a little higher to disable the shredder when there is a jam (even though I still turn it off & unplug it before doing anything)

I've been a little disappointed with a few jams, not because it jammed (a family member put too much in) but with the difficulty I had in clearing the jam. Because of how the paper jammed on the way through, the sensor wasn't seeing the paper when I tried to use the reverse function, and when I tried to slip something in front of the sensor to get it to try again going forward it would immediately sense the jam and trip the overload light (which, in hindsight is a good thing, as it ensures I don't just destroy the motor trying to move too much through it)

If there were some easier way to back paper out when it jams, I'd give it 5 stars. But thats a nitpicky issue, to be honest. This is a solid 4 star shredder, just watch how much you put through it at a time and you should be very happy.
on October 11, 2017
To date this shredder has been very satisfactory.
on May 18, 2012
I bought the shredder from Amazon Jan 4 2012 and the return period ended Feb 6, 2012...very short period i think It is now May and it is a piece of junk, useless, not worth a cent, much less the money I paid for it....I have tried to investigate returning it--fuggedaboudit, as they say on the Sopranos....One has to pay shipping and might get a few bucks refunded....Terrible deal...defective and useless product that cannot be returned.... so disappointing from a quality firm like Amazon. i spoke with the company and they will take back the shredder to try to "fix it," but Amzazon should wise up and not do business with these shlocky low quality firms....PLEASE spare us the trouble and expense of dealing with crudddy firms that sell defective garbage like Aurora shredders.....Not good at any price!!
2 helpful votes
on June 15, 2017
this is what I was looking for
on April 7, 2011
I purchased this product and have owned it for a few months now. The product performs well and with the cross cut feature it is secure. Only complaint is that the container is smaller than i expected, so I have to empty out more often. I have it at my business and only 2 people share it. We dont do too much shredding but I was hoping that the container was larger. The schredding unit is much much heavier than the container so it can top over if you bumped it or rolled it wrong. other than that for the price it is a decent product for a home office, dont recommend for small business use because it can fill up. it can apparently schred CDs and stuff, I have not tried it.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on October 27, 2017
Excellent product!!
on May 22, 2017
More powerful than others. Cross cut shedding works much better.
on November 27, 2011
This is the best shredder I've ever had -- and some in the past have costs several hundred dollars. I almost didn't try it as it's so inexpensive but a friend heard it was great so I thought it worth a try. It's fast, will take 12 pages just as it says it will, will devour unopened mail. To empty, you must take the top off but it lifts up easily and you set it upside down while you empty the basket. It empties into a paper bag for recycling very easily. Great little machine fits under my desk perfectly. Love it! Try it. You'll like it!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 16, 2010
We are very pleased with this shredder. It handles paper and credit cards very well and we were able to shred several boxes of old checks in one sitting. We really like being able to see how full the good size waste can is getting through the window, and the rollers are a very handy feature. Being able to close the cover is an added safety feature. Best shredder for the money. More heavy duty than we were able to find in the stores at this price.
9 helpful votes